Looking for photos of Led Zeppelin's Showco road crew

Sprinz77

Hello,

I am currently working on a book about Led Zeppelin's sound and lighting company Showco. If anyone could please assist me

in finding photos of the Showco crew at work or backstage I would appreciate it. Please check out my original Led Zeppelin Showco

shirts in the vintage swag section. I look forward to hearing from you!

post-20234-0-15812400-1334602806.jpg

Hi Planet Page! Wow!!!!! Thank you so much. These are truly beautiful. I personally know a few of the gentlemen in these photos. It's so cool to see them as

young men conquering the US with Led Zeppelin on the mammoth 1977 tour. Thank you!!!!

• 5 years later...

I've liked your page at FB. Looking forward to SHOWCO the book (in 2019). I have always wanted to read such a book. I wish you well on your Kickstarter campaign. This story needs to be (finally) told. Behind the scenes are interesting... But Led Zeppelin 'behind the scenes' is doubly so!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, The Rover said:

Interesting items at the bottom of the first page - "3 cases with tapes"

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a barn full of the original Showco speakers used by Led Zeppelin, 3Dog night, and The Who in their early years. I have a letter from the President of Showco, Charles Kitch of authenticity.

If you are interesting contact me for pictures or a visit. I have had these for many years and these are the only remaining units left that I know of. Mid bass chambers, tri-flex horns, JBL horns, and other assorted enclosures all used by these groups.

• 9 months later...

Now this interesting!.  I was road crew on Zeppelin 1972 usa tour which seemed to be run by Tychobrea from Dallas but I have showco tee's from another tour.  Can't remember but Billy Preston or the Stones.  I've been found by a film production company here in the falling apart UK doing a programme on 70's groupies. So I can contribute a bit but apart from that I'd love to hear from anyone involved with all that.   

Martin Pottinger

12 hours ago, martinpottinger said:

Now this interesting!.  I was road crew on Zeppelin 1972 usa tour which seemed to be run by Tychobrea from Dallas but I have showco tee's from another tour.  Can't remember but Billy Preston or the Stones.  I've been found by a film production company here in the falling apart UK doing a programme on 70's groupies. So I can contribute a bit but apart from that I'd love to hear from anyone involved with all that.   

Martin Pottinger

Hi Martin,

I'm sure you have seen some amazing things back in the day. I would love to pictures of your tour shirts or any other Zeppelin memorabilia!

• 5 months later...

There's an eBay auction going on now for what's claimed to be Showco's equipment from back in the day According to the letter shown in the auction, this equipment was used for outdoor shows by Zep in '71, '73, and 75 and The Who in '73 and '74. Link to the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCO-Led-Zeppelin-3DOG-NIGHT-THE-WHO-SPEAKER-ENCLOSURES/193732012265 (note: I'm not affiliated with the seller, I just thought people here might like to see the images.)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 years later...