The Journey Thread!

I liked them better without Steve Perry, the music they played at the time was almost as big as Neil Schon's afro. Seriously, it was almost prog rock hell but it was well played.....

I did like that first album with Perry but after that I pretty much lost interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSIurA0euk&feature=related

Edited by dazedcat

Sorry to say but Journey toured the UK in the late 70's/early 80's. Unfortunately for them the opening act was Pat Travers. I have never seen a concert hall empty so fast. I did stay for a couple of songs but we couldn't figure out if the vocalist was male or female? I believe Journey never returned to Manchester for a long time. File under a number of mis cast line ups. Like Black Sabbath being blown away by Van Halen or of course the Knenbworth bill of 1979 ( except Todd)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neal-schon-steve-perry-lets-talk-soon/

Neal Schon to Steve Perry: ‘Let’s Talk Soon’
by Jeff Giles July 30, 2013 10:21 AM
134476484.jpgMichael Ochs Archives, Getty Images

It’s been more than 15 years since Steve Perry left Journey for the second (and seemingly final) time, but the fans haven’t forgotten him — and neither, it seems, has guitarist Neal Schon.

Schon took to Facebook in a reflective mood last Wednesday (July 24), linking to an hourlong interview with Perry from January of 2012 (embedded above) and offering a few kind words about his former bandmate, with whom he helped create some of the most enduring hits — and most infamous arguments — of ’80s rock. “Great Steve Perry interview,” wrote Schon. “I hope we can can reach out to each other and connect once again. We had amazing chemistry together.”

While few would disagree with regards to Schon and Perry’s chemistry, there’s also no denying the bad blood that’s long existed between Perry and the other members of the band. Still, some fans have continued to hold out hope for a follow-up to his short-lived ’90s reunion with the group, and there’s no doubt they’ll be heartened by Schon’s message of friendship. “I love him with all the love and admiration you could even have,” concluded his post. “Steve, let’s talk soon.”

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Long overdue congratulations to Journey for finally making it into the R&RHOF, it's about time!

I agree.  Had a great sound in the early days that evolved into the pop/rock sensation they became in the early 80's.  Many iconic songs.  Hope this brings Steve Perry back into the fold, for at least one night.