Lady Gaga

Juliet

• 2 weeks later...

Hey l'il monsters a.k.a Gaga fans:

All four shows in Hong Kong were sold out!!!!

J :cheer:

On to Tokyo..... :)

Saw some pictures from the set and it looks AMAZING! Lots of newer songs on the setlist too!

Are you going to see her Juliet?

Peace.

^ That is from last night's show in Tokyo...the crowd looks awesome, as well as the "Monster Pit"/cat walk area!

Did you catch her on the MB Tour, Juliet? We saw her down here in April '11 - what an amazing performer/musician!

Got any pics from Hong Kong Juliet or Walter?

I've seen the Lady GG three times(2 times on her own and once at a benefit with Yoko Ono), and she does what a pop star is supposed to do: put on a fun and glitzy show. She still comes across as a little too derivative of Madonna sometimes, but Madonna is a little long in the tooth to be "Madonna" these days, so Lady GaGa gives this generation of kids a more viable pop alternative than dreck like Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Katy Perry, Jonas Bros., Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, and Nikki Minaj.

I hope to take my nieces when GaGa tours L.A. again.

Madonna will always be my #1, though. ;)

Edited by Strider

Got any pics from Hong Kong Juliet or Walter?

I've seen the Lady GG three times(2 times on her own and once at a benefit with Yoko Ono), and she does what a pop star is supposed to do: put on a fun and glitzy show. She still comes across as a little too derivative of Madonna sometimes, but Madonna is a little long in the tooth to be "Madonna" these days, so Lady GaGa gives this generation of kids a more viable pop alternative than dreck like Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Katy Perry, Jonas Bros., Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, and Nikki Minaj.

I hope to take my nieces when GaGa tours L.A. again.

Madonna will always be my #1, though. ;)

Hey there Strider - glad to see you back on here! I saw some photos from Hong Kong, but I don't see them around anymore. The stage set looked pretty incredible though. I grew up with Madonna doing her thing at her height, but never really got into her music or performances. I really don't like "pop music" for the most part. But, something about Gaga's music/message speaks to me. I love how unpredictable her performances are and really love when she sits down at the piano and belts out her music. Plus she is wise beyond her years and still grounded, big time, for one of the biggest stars on the planet. If I come across more pictures, I'll put them up.

Peace.

Lady Gaga will have to cancel her sold-out show in Indonesia following protests by Islamic hard-liners and conservative lawmakers, who said her sexy clothes and dance moves will corrupt the youth.

National police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar, responding to the pressure, said Tuesday that the permit for her June 3 "Born This Way Ball" concert had been denied.

Indonesia, a nation of 240 million people, has more Muslims than any other. Although it is secular and has a long history of religious tolerance, a small extremist fringe has become more vocal in recent years.

Hard-liners have loudly criticized Lady Gaga, saying the suggestive nature of her show threatened to undermine the country's moral fiber. Some threatened to use physical force to prevent her from stepping off the plane.

Lawmakers and religious leaders, too, have spoken out against her.

Worried they could not guarantee security, local police recommended the permit for the show be denied, said Amar, adding that national police decided Tuesday to comply.

I would reply with a snarky comment but I can't think of anything worse than the fact that you listen to Lady Gaga. :hysterical:

You mean 3 weeks after that post, that's the best you got? Now THAT'S funny and yet sad!

Yeah, I just haven't come back to this thread since then. I'm going to be honest, I don't really care about bickering with you. If you like her music that's fine. I'm still going to tease people about it. But it's not worth a petty argument.

Yeah, I just haven't come back to this thread since then. I'm going to be honest, I don't really care about bickering with you. If you like her music that's fine. I'm still going to tease people about it. But it's not worth a petty argument.

This thread was started by Juliet to celebrate a musician and artist that she enjoys. Others have joined in to do the same, or to pass along information. It would be appreciated if you could respect that. There is a "Love Her or Hate Her" thread if you would like to go down the avenue of "teasing people". Thank you in advance.

Lady Gaga's Manila concerts face protests

By Elizabeth Yuan, CNN

updated 10:16 AM EDT, Mon May 21, 2012

120521072726-gaga-manila-story-top.jpg

Members of Biblemode Youth Philippines protest in Manila Saturday in front of a banner showing Lady Gaga.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: Commission on Human Rights says freedom of thought, expression, religion protected
  • Christian group's leader expects two thousand protesters outside Manila venue
  • Lady Gaga's Filipino promoter is run by a born-again Christian
  • In Indonesia, her promoter is still trying to secure a permit

(CNN) -- Christian groups in the Philippines planned to protest Lady Gaga's performances there Monday and Tuesday, just after Muslim protests have cast doubt whether she will be allowed to perform in Indonesia.

"This protest is not against Lady Gaga as a person but on her music and on how she declares distorted views about the Lord Jesus Christ," said Reuben Abante, bishop of Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church and secretary-general of Biblemode Youth, which is leading the protests.

Reached by phone, Abante said he expected a couple thousand protesters outside the Manila venue, Mall of Asia Arena, Monday night for a grand prayer rally before the concert. "We are Christian Filipinos. She comes to our land. For us, this is something that should not be shown to the youth we have."

His brother, the group's president, is former Congressman Benny Abante, himself a pastor.

Of particular offense to the group is the pop star's song, "Judas," with lyrics like, "Whoa whoa I'm in love with Juda-as, Jud-as," "Jesus is my virtue and Judas is the demon I cling to I cling to."

This is something that should not be shown to the youth we have

Bishop Reuben Abante, Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church

Lady Gaga's Filipino promoter, Ovation Productions, is run by Renen de Guia, who is described on the company's website as a born-again Christian. Attempts to reach him were not successful.

When asked if Lady Gaga's concerts could contravene Philippine laws, Loretta Ann P. Rosales, chairwoman of the Commission on Human Rights, replied in an email, "The Philippines is proud of the fact that we do indeed have one of the best Bill of Rights in our Constitution that has the widest latitude as all other Constitutional democracies in protecting freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom of religion."

"I have heard raves over her concert by Filipinos who have watched her," she added. "Maybe I shall have a chance to enjoy her concert too one day."

It is not the first time Rosales and Abante have faced off; in 2006, while both were in Congress, Abante had blocked passage of an anti-discrimination bill co-authored by Rosales aimed at protecting lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders.<a name="em2">

bttn_close.gif

120517042537-inocencio-indonesia-lady-gaga-00012312-story-body.jpg

120517042537-inocencio-indonesia-lady-gaga-00012312-story-body.jpgLady Gaga versus Indonesia

For Lady Gaga, the protests in the Philippines are the latest in her problematic Asian tour. Her provocative lyrics and risqué costumes have prompted conservative Muslims in Indonesia to call for the cancellation of her upcoming concert in Jakarta.

As of Monday, her Indonesian promoter, Big Daddy Entertainment, was still trying to secure a permit, and the June 3 event was still on, according to its website.

Read more about the Muslim protests against Lady Gaga

When she opened her tour in Seoul, South Korea, last month, it was to concertgoers aged 18 and above after the Korea Media Rating Board banned the show for minors, even with an accompanying parent or guardian.

At the heart of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" tour is her message to gay youth to embrace and accept their sexual identities.

1px.gif 1px.gif 1px.gif 1px.gif 1px.gif

btn_close.gif

Share this on:

Facebook Twitter Digg delicious reddit MySpace StumbleUpon LinkedIn