Lady Gaga

Juliet

Didn't say it was "new", in fact nothing she is doing hasn't already been done before in one way or another. She's just trying to be Madonna on steroids imo.

I was referring to the clip you posted earlier where you referred to her as "somewhat normal".

Didn't say it was "new", in fact nothing she is doing hasn't already been done before in one way or another. She's just trying to be Madonna on steroids imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM

When did Madonna ever sit down, play piano (can she?) and sing like that at 8:00 in the morning? Never. To say everything she is doing has been done before is just ridiculous and false.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I've heard that a pole fell and hit Gaga on the head during a concert in New Zealand...Has anyone heard if she is seriously hurt?

I hadn't heard anything about it until seeing this thread bump.

Thanks, KB, for the update.

:peace:

Not at all, it was from Alice Cooper's cover of Gaga's "Born This Way" at the Bonnaroo festival. Here's a more complete video of the song:

Hope Gaga is OK btw.

She is and it's still lame, IMO. I guess Alice is trying to modernize himself after doing his Big Bertha Drivers adds a few years ago. How "rock n roll" was that? :rolleyes:

Dunno, 'bout as R 'n R as doing a Cadillac commercial I guess.

A bit different to me....one is a personal endorsement the other was giving away a song. Didn't see Jimmy or Robert driving that Cadillac. Maybe JPJ was on his way to parking it....;) What about your boy Mick?

Back on topic: saw the hit she took with that prop - tough gal to continue with the show. Not sure where "Judas" falls in the set, but that's a lot of movement to do with a concussion.

Lady G is cool. I find her & her music intriguing - which is more than I can say for Madonna, for example.

I think it's fair to say that there's far more interesting stuff being done in the pop world than in rock these days.

Perhaps, but if it weren't for people like Alice Cooper, KISS, Madonna, Queen, and other theatrical acts, there would be no Lady Gaga. There's nothing new under the sun, even Lady Gaga isn't original.

Obviously....she's a mish mash of different influences as is any other artist or at least any that vary their music and remain interesting. Taking those influences and molding your own style is where the talent and staying power come in, IMO.

Perhaps, but if it weren't for people like Alice Cooper, KISS, Madonna, Queen, and other theatrical acts, there would be no Lady Gaga. There's nothing new under the sun, even Lady Gaga isn't original.

You can tell she 's been influenced by Queen only by the way she dresses, but musically she's very far away from what Queen did.

Hello:

Gaga's latest FB postings sound like she has fully recovered from her concussion...

She loves Sydney Australia..says that it's a romantic city...She's also writing about visiting South Africa...

Gaga is so positive and great for the tourism industry...

You are spot on with this...maybe more so than you even realize. And prescient, too.

For, a few days after you posted this, the L.A. Times printed a story about Ice T's new rap documentary "The Art of Rap". Here is an inreresting quote from Ice T:

"I think Lady Gaga is dope, but she’s Madonna. I think Madonna is dope, but she’s Alice Cooper,” Ice-T says.

You are spot on with this...maybe more so than you even realize. And prescient, too.

For, a few days after you posted this, the L.A. Times printed a story about Ice T's new rap documentary "The Art of Rap". Here is an inreresting quote from Ice T:

"I think Lady Gaga is dope, but she's Madonna. I think Madonna is dope, but she's Alice Cooper," Ice-T says.

My rrrrrrrrrrrresponse (I'm rolling my r's).........thanks for the rrrrreminder..I need to see if there's still tix for Madge's September show in Torrrrrrronto

Juliet... :chickeddance: Do you think I'd make a good Gaga dancer?

PS I'm rolling my r's because Gaga does in the tune Bad Romance

Edited by Juliet

Lady GaGa Loves Alice Cooper's 'Born This Way' Version

Add CommentJune 14, 2012 06:14:05 GMT

The Mother Monster has heard the 'School's Out' hitmaker singing the rock version of her song, and she approves it.

mobile2.gif

lady-gaga-loves-alice-cooper-s-born-this-way-version.jpg

zoom.gif

While Lady GaGa was not impressed by Madonna's "Born This Way/Express Yourself" mashup which ended with the Material Girl taking a sly dig at her, the Mother Monster approves Alice Cooper's version. He performed her hit single at the Bonnaroo festival over the weekend.

''Gaga loved it, she emailed us - she's in Australia right now - and said she loved it," the rocker told BANG Showbiz. "I just thought it was such a great track, and the lyrics, 'My momma told me when I was young / she did my hair and put my lipstick on,' for Alice Cooper to sing that, it's funny.''

Cooper covered GaGa's song to appeal to young fans. ''We figured 15 to 25 was probably the average age out there, and I was thinking of a song that would be of their generation, so I said, 'What about 'Born This Way'?' Because that song could be a rocksong, it just needed a different attitude," he explained.

Commenting on his monster-like appearance, he said, ''I wasn't making fun of LadyGaGa, it was a tip of the hat to her, but We have this 14 foot Frankenstein that we use in our show, and I said, 'Dress up the Frankenstein like Gaga, and have that come out at the end with the big blonde hair and the curlers and the dress' - and the audience loved it, they absolutely got it.''

Cooper also added twist to his rendition by adding his own lyrics. "You may be crass, you may be dumb...but hell with that, are you having fun?" he sang to loud cheers from the crowd. "They killed me once. They killed me twice. They hung me high, but that's the price. Of fame and fear and fortune too, I'm standing here at Bonaroo!"

http://www.aceshowbi...w/00051415.html

^ Typically graceful response from her. She doesn't take herself as seriously as others do. I am still bothered by the generalizations out there though. Similar statements could be said about any other musicians - ever, they all build on their influences. Even the great Ice T...:rolleyes:

According to Rolling Stone magazine, "Lady Gaga has already finished her third full-length LP, just over a year after releasing her multiplatinum smash Born This Way. According to a tweet by Gaga, she has played the new record for her label and will be announcing the title in September. Gaga's 'Born This Way Ball Tour' hits North America early next year."