Waiting for a friend by The Stones a dis of Zep?

Matjaz1

Rolling stones' Waiting for a friend was released in 1981 and the video was shot in front of the house in New York, which is on Physicall graffiti cover!

With the known fact that critics didn't like Zep at the time and that other bands didn't like them, possibly also out of jealousy because Zep was huge and huge very quickly and because there were stories that Zep are not good people

and because of the words that say, they don't need whores, booze, girls, stories of broken hearts,

do you think that Jagger was trying to dis Zeppelin which would be especially ugly if we consider Bonham died at that time and it was most inappropriate, yet perhaps Jagger felt this is the time to 'deal' with this band that is gone, although as we know now, they wil never be forgotten!

What do you think?

Watching girls go passing by

It ain’t the latest thing

I’m just standing in a doorway

I’m just trying to make some sense

Out of these girls go passing by

The tales they tell of men

I’m not waiting on a lady

I’m just waiting on a friend

A smile relieves a heart that grieves

Remember what I said

I’m not waiting on a lady

Don’t need a whore

I don’t need no booze

Don’t need a virgin priest

But I need someone I can cry to

I need someone to protect

Making love and breaking hearts

It is a game for youth

But I’m not waiting on a lady

You know stories of the occult, sexual vandalism, vandalism, drugs and so on, which was all either out of proportion or totally untrue!

And you know verses 'I'm just trying to make some sense' and I'm not waitin for a lady' somehow point at Stairway if you ask me!

Wow Samo that is one hell of a case of putting two and two together and making five! How does "trying to make some sense " point to Stairway??? And "not waitin' for a lady" - just because it has the word "lady" in it???

I never heard of any accusations of vandalism aimed at Zeppelin either. :blink:

It's just a theory, I hope you are not dising me now, just because you know my past, my problems are over and I'm more and more successful and doing fine!

Well what points to it is where the video was filmed, get it!?

And there is also a point to be made that there was booze and drugs in the Stones camp too, but the Stones didn't like thier music too much and a few other things and they therefore perhaps saw everything as worse as in their own case!

I don't know enough about the occult or ladies to concur.

The ladies thing is way out of proportion and they were basicaly all family man and the occult stuff is out of proportion too and although I never studied it, Jimmy said that the kind of occult he did, was not really anything evil!

There was a TV ad for chocolates in the UK and the tag line was "And all because the lady loves.....". That was about Stairway too. :)

Samo - this has nothing to do with anything about you or "your past" - all I know about your past is that you thought we all criticised your singing because we were secretly mad that you were a better singer than Robert Plant. That was years ago though. Your theory that that is why I am disagreeing with you now is as much of a stretch as your connecting this song to Zeppelin. Weird.

*Edited because I spelled "weird" wrong*

The Stones have sympathy for the devil, which makes them evil as well.

Some rumours point out that Captain Jack Sparrow also has something to do with the entire mystery.

2012 will of course provide us the COMPLETE answer, for the Mayans foretold us about that in their and your past too...................

and else Niburu shall shatter us to pieces unless the Lady of the lake provides us with tin foil hats.

Of course 2012 will also make you completely famous thanks to the use of a holographic Plantilator unit which only emits high pitched shrieks and thus pulverises the alien invasion of dedanoe-aliens.

Salami aleicum brother.

That commercial did not include anything additional that would be connected to zep!

I never thought that you were mad at me, because you thought I was better then Plant, infact I never even thought myself I was better then Plant, you must have misunderstood me!

And as many times in my life, I find communication difficult if someone knows my past! First you say things that are NOT true because you stigmatise me , then you say you don't do things because of my past, which is just not true and then at the end you say, that the whole thing is weird, which only further stresses the point that you do percept me as a weird person because of my past!

Don't further discredit me on this forum, by saying things you misunderstood and also fortunately I got lots of friends now, who finaly accept me as a good person, even if I had mental problems! It's OBVIOUS the discussion very quickly turns to me as a person, while with anyone else on the forum, you would actually be discussing the topic! Right!?

And people with mental problems ARE mostly good people,(except the ones with personality problems), but there are historical misinterpretations about them! And I argued aboout my singing on this forum, not because I wanted people to change their opinon, but because I wanted to learn more about singing and because I just didn't agrre on certain things and also because I had low self esteem because of my past!

Yes, but now I'm stigmatised because of it, even if i'm an allright person!

I posted my story because i was suffering at that point in life and I found internet a good place for healing my soul in times, when even my closest family wasn't particulary loving to me,

and that is so, only because people watch to many movies and think that mentaly ill are evil and violent and in my case people though just based on my looks that I feel like I'm somehow divine in a posh sort of way, while I only had ideas of changing the world, without idolasing myself as some crappy guru!

I also had high musical ambitions because of mania, but music was always the first thing, success second, but people thought all I care about was success and money!

People watch too many movies, LISTEN to Custard pie people:I may look like I'm crazy, I still now right from wrong!

NOW BACK TO TOPIC!

What makes you conclude that people watch too many movies?

You come up with some weird theory without having watched too many movies as well, so there is no connection between watching movies and the ability to come up with looney stuff.

For no reason at all? You don't actually believe they didn't know what house this was!?

And I'm writing about this, because the biggest Slovenian rock singer which I know personaly named Vlado Kreslin, took a photo of himself in front of this house! And he named it Waiting for a friend and so I did some research and came up with this idea for this topic!

http://shrani.si/?30/13J/3ssj725o/2012newyorkvladokreslins.jpg

They used it because if they would have shot the video in front of the pyramids everyone would think the song would be about Pink Floyd.

A good friend of mine, named Klaus took a picture in front of the pyramids and named them the Dark Side Of The Moon poster buildings.

Personally I think is that this is all the fault of David Bowie who once was afraid that Jimmy had put a spell on him.

Since Bowie had sex with Mick Jagger, Mick wrote this song to have revenge on his gay lover's arch nemesis.

Logical ain't it?

My honest opinion is that the building has no significance. If I am wrong, then IN MY OPINION the house has some significance to the director of the video (Michael Lindsay-Hogg ) as opposed to the band. I would have thought it to be far more significant that Peter Tosh is waiting with Mick for Keith. Howcome you didn't connect this to Bob Marley instead - he died in 1981?

Oh crap! Pyramids are in no way as directly connected to Dark side of the moon as that building is to Zep! Ther is just one pyramid on the cover and it's not even a known one"!

Well as I can see, we are still not on topic, still not discusisng the lyrics, zep, the stones or anything remotely connected to the topic!

Archived