VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Van Halen, but I could never stand David Lee Roth, especially live.  He is a clever lyricist and good in the studio, but he cannot sing live well at all.  I much prefer Van Halen with Sammy Hagar.  That era of Van Halen witnessed Eddie spreading his musical wings.  Sammy Hagar also translates extremely well from studio to stage.  He is a professional, he's got a fun personality, and he never takes his fans for granted. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/11/2016 at 11:39 PM, California Evermore said:

I love Van Halen, but I could never stand David Lee Roth, especially live.  He is a clever lyricist and good in the studio, but he cannot sing live well at all.  I much prefer Van Halen with Sammy Hagar.  That era of Van Halen witnessed Eddie spreading his musical wings.  Sammy Hagar also translates extremely well from studio to stage.  He is a professional, he's got a fun personality, and he never takes his fans for granted. 

I saw both versions & enjoyed both equally, almost 2 different bands really. I do prefer the Roth era songs a bit, as they are heavier, but there's no denying many of Sammy's era songs, can't go wrong either way.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

I'm pretty sure Van Halen played a ZZ Top song the first time I saw them. It could have been "Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers"...or "LaGrange" or "Tush"...that part is a mystery. At least until a bootleg of January 29, 1977 pops up.

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...