My Led Zeppelin III Denim Jacket From 1985

Sprinz77

Hello! I would like to share my Led Zeppelin III denim jacket from 1985 (my high school days).

My cousin's friend from Hicksville, NY was a wonderful artist.

To make extra pocket money for concerts, pizza, beers and Acapulco Gold he would paint album covers on to denim jackets for his friends.

I asked him if he paint the album cover from Led Zeppelin III on to my Levi's denim....he was blown away that I asked him...but very up to the challenge. This was his all time favorite album cover! He told me that kids always commissioned him to paint Led Zeppelin I and II.

The only problem was I wanted to wear the jacket for the up coming Robert Plant concert at the Meadowlands Arena July 23rd 1985. This was exactly one week away.

He did such a beautiful job and was so proud! It looks as good today as back then. The jacket is always a hit where ever I go. People seem to remember me (actually... the jacket) at Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones concerts.

My cousin and his friend are passed away now. I am so happy I have this beautiful jacket to always remember them.

ZoSo

post-20234-0-08619200-1336191115.jpg

post-20234-0-65903400-1336191125.jpg

• 11 months later...

Archived