Snowblind (3/20/75 Vancouver - Previously Unreleased SB

bluesunday

Hey! :lol: We'll invade yer country armed with sharpened ice skates and flasks of Tim Horton's and burn down the White House like we did in 1812

Yes, please do! You can have Pres. Obowelmovement and don't forget to wipe out all of Congress so we can start over. It won't take us long to turn back the mighty Canadian armed forces. Half your country speaks French, which doesn't bode well for you. :superman:

Anyway, yes Heartbreaker is a trainwreck. WTF! Someone said it is only worse than the Atlantic Records 40th reunion because it is longer. They have a good point. Time to update the Urban Dictionary definition of stuckato: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stuckato

Yes, please do! You can have Pres. Obowelmovement and don't forget to wipe out all of Congress so we can start over.

Hey dude, why don't you save your childish political comments for the appropriate place.

This is Led Zeppelin.com, not the Rush Limbaugh show....get it?

Looking forward to more comments on this previously unreleased sb.

Hey dude, why don't you save your childish political comments for the appropriate place.

Hey douchebag wave-finger.gif

You need to engage in a thread before jumping in to play "Mr. Mod" and tell people what to do....get it?

Since you obviously have nothing of value to add, butt out. The comment was between Nutrocker and I.

You can go back to your regularly scheduled activities now - jhump.gif

Yes, please do! You can have Pres. Obowelmovement and don't forget to wipe out all of Congress so we can start over. It won't take us long to turn back the mighty Canadian armed forces. Half your country speaks French, which doesn't bode well for you. :superman:

Anyway, yes Heartbreaker is a trainwreck. WTF! Someone said it is only worse than the Atlantic Records 40th reunion because it is longer. They have a good point. Time to update the Urban Dictionary definition of stuckato: http://www.urbandict...p?term=stuckato

I think we'd gladly trade you Obama for Harper :lol:

And it doesn't bode well for the 3-20-75 "Heartbreaker" if it's being compared to the 1988 version- Jimmy Page at his worst IMO, and all the lame excuses in the world ain't gonna change that.

Yes sir, Snapper, sir...we'll be sure to stop our bantering and get back to repeating the same comments about the soundboard over and over again -mastered too fucking loud; "Heartbreaker" blows big chunks, etcetera, ad infinitum- just so we don't offend yer liberal sensibilities. Jesus Christ...lighten up, Francis.

Hey douchebag wave-finger.gif

You need to engage in a thread before jumping in to play "Mr. Mod" and tell people what to do....get it?

Since you obviously have nothing of value to add, butt out. The comment was between Nutrocker and I.

You can go back to your regularly scheduled activities now - jhump.gif

I love the pigfucker smilie! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hell, we're just having a bit of sport over the differences between our two 'great nations'...fuck the wannabe moderator.

I hope there's a Winston Remaster of this soon.

Not likely to be one distributed.

Just got this a few minutes ago, sound is a little loud, but good show so far

There is another version that dadgad worked on that is easier on the ears.

If he does one, it'll probably get out.

Really?!??!? I think I know that.

I'm surprised How the West Was Redone hasn't.

Most torrent sites and blogs don't intentionally post reworkings of officially released material. However, I do know this was torrented at one place.

Well you won't find it in Walmart, but it's not exactly difficult to track down.

Weird that you mention that, considering what you can find there.

It's not exactly easy to track down. I don't feel like registering at twenty torrent sites or searching Google for pages...*waits to see how easy it is to find the torrent* :P

Really?!??!? I think I know that.

Most torrent sites and blogs don't intentionally post reworkings of officially released material. However, I do know this was torrented at one place.

You're hilarious.

...You'd really say that, too? I think that's actually the norm with torrent sites (maybe not as much blogs) - respecting (at least to some mistaken degree) the official releases is a rarity unless you're on one of the bootleg/ROIO sites. (Even in those cases, the lines are blurred quite often.)

If he does one, it'll probably get out.

I think that's actually the norm with torrent sites (maybe not as much blogs) - respecting (at least to some mistaken degree) the official releases is a rarity unless you're on one of the bootleg/ROIO sites. (Even in those cases, the lines are blurred quite often.)

Boy, you really put on your super hero costume with your last few posts in this thread. captainobvious.jpg

Boy, you really put on your super hero costume with your last few posts in this thread.

Lol.

Btw: Does anyone feel that having the second show in SBD quality has recontextualized the first? Parts of the show from the 20th are really quite awesome, but I feel that, overall, I prefer the playing from the night before.

The '75 tour is my favorite, and so obviously soundboards from this tour are like gold for me.

Snowblind, as far as I'm concerned, is a "middling" effort (in terms of performance) when compared to the best soundboards from this tour (The best being 2-12, 2-14, 3-4, 3-5, and 3-11, IMO). I tend to come at these with high expectations, though.

Dazed and Heartbreaker are...just a little chaotic for me.

I like 03/11, but mostly for actual sound of the SBD - the audio quality is (at least IMAO) absolutely stunning. I just listened to the 05/24 (or most of it) and finally understand why many people hold it in high regard.

EDIT: ...I should also mention that it was a total fluke that I happened to listen to that "DaC" thirty-seven years to the day after it was originally performed. What a mindf*ck.

• 3 weeks later...

Overall the second night is better, IMO. However, I prefer WLL from the 19th. I think JPJ got a little funkier with the bass that night, but the theremin work was about 2 minutes shorter. Heartbreaker is real bad on the 20th, but otherwise a very solid show. If you need a download link, pm me.

Yes, I concur. This version of HB Page is just tired. It's not the best version. But WTFC?? As hot as this soundboard is, it's still a pleasure to listen to. Plant sings well for '75 and this is just an overall very solid, quality performance by Zep. If you dig '75, there's no way you'd be disappointed by this performance.

And as for all the discussion about whether Plant meant to say "pungent" WTFC? Such a trivial discussion point. This concert packs a punch and then some. Enjoy it!

And as for all the discussion about whether Plant meant to say "pungent" WTFC? Such a trivial discussion point. This concert packs a punch and then some. Enjoy it!

Having been there on the night. I'm pretty sure Plant was referring to the knife slashing that happened a few yards in front him and Jimmy and , a few feet away from me. It was a nasty piece of buisness and the floor parted like the Red Sea. I remember the band being well aware of what they'd just seen.

Yes, I concur. This version of HB Page is just tired. It's not the best version. But WTFC?? As hot as this soundboard is, it's still a pleasure to listen to. Plant sings well for '75 and this is just an overall very solid, quality performance by Zep. If you dig '75, there's no way you'd be disappointed by this performance.

I spent way too much time trying to figure out what "WTFC" stood for. :(

Having been there on the night. I'm pretty sure Plant was referring to the knife slashing that happened a few yards in front him and Jimmy and , a few feet away from me. It was a nasty piece of buisness and the floor parted like the Red Sea. I remember the band being well aware of what they'd just seen.

Lolwut.

Just picked this up a couple weeks ago...have given it a few listens. Some parts of the show are better than the 19th(Kashmir and NQ), others not so much(the encore).

It always amazes me how Jimmy could be on fire one minute(No Quarter) and a walking disaster the next(Heartbreaker). The theremin bit in Whole Lotta Love is great, and a longer one than usual, but no The Crunge/funky interlude lessens it for me.

So, "mate"...they weren't at all phased by it, other than to mention it in passing - and even have a bit of a chuckle about it? Lolwut.

Not here to fight .

Well something like that should be documented in a newspaper at the very least. "Fan slashed at Concert" or something like that. I also find it odd that they would just keep on going?

It was documented in the local press. The Vancouver Sun if I remember correctly . Listen, I was only offering up what I thought was a viable alternative to the "pungant/pugnant" debate.

Archived