Five pictures of Jimmy in a box... £7000?

woz70

After 45 years of being a major fan, I finally said "Goodbye" 2 years ago;  gave up the old hope and also haven't bought anything Page-related since; but think my decision was a good one. While I am grateful for the majority of the time I was a Page "fan", I wish I stopped paying attention  around 1998, since really 'Nothing of note' has happened since.  Good luck to everyone who still holds some kind of candle for something  new and of SUBSTANCE from JPP!

1 hour ago, Buford T Justice said:

So, with plenty of cash and a frugal existence, what on earth will flogging this tat actually gain? A few grand here and there is surely chicken feed to him -  is it worth the hassle?  

This ain't really for him, it's for Halfin, Preston, Macoska, Dreja, etc. 

50 prints @ $2K USD per print is ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS, so each photographer gets a percentage of that amount. 

A QUICK & EASY VANITY PROJECT THAT YIELDS SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

1 hour ago, RIP-IT-UP said:

After 45 years of being a major fan, I finally said "Goodbye" 2 years ago;  gave up the old hope and also haven't bought anything Page-related since; but think my decision was a good one. While I am grateful for the majority of the time I was a Page "fan", I wish I stopped paying attention  around 1998, since really 'Nothing of note' has happened since.  Good luck to everyone who still holds some kind of candle for something  new and of SUBSTANCE from JPP!

Lately I'm sorely tempted to divest and cash out but the memories always get in the way. Too many things I still can't bear to part with!

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

This ain't really for him, it's for Halfin, Preston, Macoska, Dreja, etc. 

50 prints @ $2K USD per print is ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS, so each photographer gets a percentage of that amount. 

A QUICK & EASY VANITY PROJECT THAT YIELDS SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Excepting Dreja, the rest sound like vampires, leeching off of their host Jimmy Page.

The comments on Jimmy's facebook page aren't particularly positive.  The best comment I've seen was along the lines of: "I was expecting an album of music, not a photo album".  I would have quoted it directly, but it seems that the more critical/negative posts seem to be disappearing, and I couldn't find it again to copy and paste...

Edited to add: the Janet Macoska print has sold out already!!! £50,000 in under a day. Ker-ching.

1 hour ago, woz70 said:

it seems that the more critical/negative posts seem to be disappearing, and I couldn't find it again to copy and paste...

a bit like negative posts on this thread and forum

1 hour ago, woz70 said:

It would be better if Jimmy did it for Charity or something and donate the money.  Just yesterday I was listening on the radio being talked about the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.  Pretty amazing work they are doing and story behind it.  The guy who founded it used to be in Green Peace but left.  Unlike Green Peace that uses up 70% of it's funds for advertisement..etc  they actually do much greater work.

Does anyone know if a fan has actually ever questioned Jimmy(politely) about the future playing nonsense or

(perhaps a bit impolitely) about some of the rather oblivious  to fans non-musical output(( photographs, etc.) ??

I suppose fans just don't want to anger their hero, or think Jimmy will break into a thousand pieces if tested.

I wouldn't have any problem being direct with him, he has for a considerable time spit in the faces of the fans 

who paid for his mansions. No manager, sure, very stupid, but there are too many callous behaviors by Jimmy

to not hold him at least in part accountable for some of these mild outrages.

I think I might have reached the acceptance stage in my Jimmy Page therapy program.

He was such a musical hero of mine, and for a long time I was so angry with him for squandering his talent, but now after numerous let downs, I don't care anymore.

It's "journalists", not fans, that need to show more balls and challenge him in press junkets about the live promises.

But unfortunately the way the PR business works, if you offend the talent, you wont get an interview next time round.

It's just sad that a man of Page's calibre has not released any new material since Walking in Clarksdale (Domino and It might get loud aside).

6 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

It would be better if Jimmy did it for Charity or something and donate the money.  Just yesterday I was listening on the radio being talked about the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.  Pretty amazing work they are doing and story behind it.  The guy who founded it used to be in Green Peace but left.  Unlike Green Peace that uses up 70% of it's funds for advertisement..etc  they actually do much greater work.

I too am an avid listener of The Savage Nation and heard that interview (available at the link below). I don't think whales are of particular interest to Jimmy for charitable actions, but there was a time he did a fair amount for the street children of Brazil. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelsavagevideos

2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

I think I might have reached the acceptance stage in my Jimmy Page therapy program.

After nearly 20 years of diminishing returns, not performing in Tokyo last month was the final straw for me. 

I wish him well, but quite frankly I do not care if we ever see or hear from him again. 

20 minutes ago, craigled said:

Could be a genuine reason for his lack of activity.

But if a statement was made it would look better. Even if it was not yet in full detail.

If my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle.

The bottom line is we simply no longer care, and to be honest I don't think he has enough credibility left at this point to issue an explanatory statement we would find meaningful.

Somewhat pointless, but if Jimmy toured again, the same thing that happened to Michael Jackson before his death

may be put upon Jimmy. Jackson was about to tour, but the word about his condition was known by the music industry

insiders. So the promoters and other authorities etc. wanted to see a about ?? 45 minute rehearsal of the show, they

were ready to pull the plug on the entire tour if Jackson was shaky. Somehow he got shot up with double doses of

his  15 ?? substances, and he passed the test. Page's tour( yes, science fiction) would be much smaller but probably 

would require prior approval as well about Page's musical standing. Realize that I'm not seeking anything from Jimmy,

that would be like expecting a brick to talk .

When I met him at The Kennedy Center Awards after party I asked him what he was working on and if he had some new projects . He said there were some " surprises for Zeppelin fans coming soon". That was obviously the remasters. He didn't say anything about playing or new music. I was too star struck and didn't have the balls to press him further about it but I really wanted to know! Now I wish I had when I had the chance. I wish I had asked if he missed playing with other musicians, if he has anyone in particular he'd like to collaborate with, etc.   The fact that he wouldn't even jam on a blues at the Classic Rock Awards makes me think he really can't play well anymore , or he is seriously self -conscious about embarrassing himself in front of fans and other musicians. I would think his ego would spur him on to have a go on a tune or two but... we already beat that horse.  I appreciate the body of work he's done, and that's about it. I don't look forward to anything more from him. Maybe some more live  Zep material or previously unheard tracks. 

4 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

Somewhat pointless, but if Jimmy toured again, the same thing that happened to Michael Jackson before his death

may be put upon Jimmy. Jackson was about to tour, but the word about his condition was known by the music industry

insiders. So the promoters and other authorities etc. wanted to see a about ?? 45 minute rehearsal of the show, they

were ready to pull the plug on the entire tour if Jackson was shaky. Somehow he got shot up with double doses of

his  15 ?? substances, and he passed the test. Page's tour( yes, science fiction) would be much smaller but probably 

would require prior approval as well about Page's musical standing. Realize that I'm not seeking anything from Jimmy,

that would be like expecting a brick to talk .

I don't think Page would be doing many dance routines or "Smooth Criminal" in his set.

It sounds like you're alluding to a health issue with Page?

Do you have any facts to back this up or is it just a thought bubble?

I found none of the live Zeppelin era photos selected for these prints to be compelling.

I am disappointed with the choice of these live Zeppelin era photos.

But then again, many people with disposable incomes don't necessarily have good discretion.

It's really down to supply and demand...the Macoska print already selling out is an indicator of that.  Page must believe there's a market for these signed photos or else he probably wouldn't bother with them.  If some fans want to buy them, that's a personal decision.  Of course most won't fork over the money for them, and that's perfectly understandable as well.  I don't see any problem with it either way.

Page is my favorite musician and I'm frustrated as well that he doesn't release new music or play live anymore.  But I don't despise him over it.  He's retired as a working musician.  He'll soon be 73 years old.  Most folks are no longer working by that point in their lives, no matter what the profession.  Who knows how he feels physically/emotionally?  I agree that he ought to give up on saying every year that there'll be a new project next year.  But in the end it doesn't offend me.  I mean, really, is anyone surprised at this point when next year comes and there's no new project?

One other thing to consider...for years I've been reading that ARMS sucked, The Firm sucked, Outrider sucked, Coverdale Page sucked, Walking Into Clarksdale sucked...so if you're Page, maybe part of the thinking is that you're obviously never going to top Zeppelin, and many fans criticize much of your post-Zeppelin work, so why the fuck bother?  You're not going to top Led Zeppelin, you're rich, and maybe it's more fun for you to work as an archivist rather than putting yourself out there again with something new that the internet won't like.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle.

The bottom line is we simply no longer care, and to be honest I don't think he has enough credibility left at this point to issue an explanatory statement we would find meaningful.

:lol: "Balls cried the Queen! If I had 'em I'd be King!"

3 hours ago, White Phone said:

So if you're Page, maybe part of the thinking is that you're obviously never going to top Zeppelin, and many fans criticize much of your post-Zeppelin work, so why the fuck bother?  You're not going to top Led Zeppelin, you're rich, and maybe it's more fun for you to work as an archivist rather than putting yourself out there again with something new that the internet won't like.

Once again, I must say, that, Sold Out sales of "Collector" prints aside, as a longtime fan (since October of 1969) of Led Zeppelin's album releases, and live concert performances (eight of them), I am *not* impressed with most of the photographs chosen in this series. I do not believe that most of these Led Zeppelin era photos best capture the essence of Jimmy Page. And I stand by my Judgement, regardless of how many oil sheik playboys might buy them up!

If Jimmy frequents the WWW,   he would definitely feel the lack of love on this forum and
Facebook opposed to Twitter,  Instagram or Tumblr.   The tone on those are quite positive.  
(No need to lecture me.  I see why both sides feel the way they do)  Those three sites are
visited by young--er people  who haven't been long time  Jimmy Page or  Led Zeppelin fans,  
so the frustration of having him no longer  putting out new NON Zep material or why he no
longer plays live isn't something they tend to focus on.   Some of these fans were small farts
and infants when Walking Into Clarksdale  came out  -  and the 02 concert introduced a lot of
new people to Zeppelin.  The things said by those fans are words that would make Jimmy
blush and can feed an old rock star's ego.  Ha-ha :lol: 

When you're a new fan,  it's  awesome to dive in.   Jimmy probably doesn't want to ruin the
experience for younger generations by putting out music that could be criticized as meh :thumbdown:
compared to Zep,  or play guitar and have  it be nothing like his former self.   I do know many
people here are realistic and  accept he can't play or create like he did in his younger days,  but
for Page I  kind think that bothers him.  
<_<

As far as the signed photos and the asking price?  If that's your cup of tea and you can well
afford it.. go for it.   I learned people will spend a shit load of green when I attended the World
Series
games in Cleveland vs Chicago,   and found out what some people were paying for a chance
to see the Cubs win.  I'm lucky to have a spouse who works in  sports media  so our pocket books
were never dented.  I however  don't have a inside edge when it comes to priceless Zeppelin or
Jimbo things.   
:banana:

8 hours ago, The Rover said:

Once again, I must say, that, Sold Out sales of "Collector" prints aside, as a longtime fan (since October of 1969) of Led Zeppelin's album releases, and live concert performances (eight of them), I am *not* impressed with most of the photographs chosen in this series. I do not believe that most of these Led Zeppelin era photos best capture the essence of Jimmy Page. And I stand by my Judgement, regardless of how many oil sheik playboys might buy them up!

My comments were more of a general nature about the attacks of Page on the net The Rover, and not aimed at you.  I agree he could have chosen better photos.

That said, it really doesn't matter to me who buys the photos, be they oil sheik playboys, or fans of slightly lesser means who decide to shell out some of their hard earned cash to have a signed photo of the man hanging on their wall.  There's a market for collectibles with high priced pieces signed by big-time entertainers and athletes.  Lots of fans buy them, hence my comment about simple supply and demand.  Give Page this, at least the purchaser knows the product they buy from his website is coming straight from Tower House when they take the leap on one of them.

14 hours ago, White Phone said:

I agree that he ought to give up on saying every year that there'll be a new project next year.  But in the end it doesn't offend me.  I mean, really, is anyone surprised at this point when next year comes and there's no new project?

When it's done in remasters press junkets to grab a headline and shift units, it becomes a bit more than a playground fib,

Your obviously not emotionally invested in the band as much as others here, so fair enough.

But for a long while Jimmy was our guitar hero and we wanted to see him play again.

The only thing he played was us - like a cheap fiddle.

7 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

When it's done in remasters press junkets to grab a headline and shift units, it becomes a bit more than a playground fib,

Your obviously not emotionally invested in the band as much as others here, so fair enough.

But for a long while Jimmy was our guitar hero and we wanted to see him play again.

The only thing he played was us - like a cheap fiddle.

I'm plenty emotionally invested...for the past 40+ years. 

That Page and his Led Zeppelin gave us such great music that we're all here 36 years following the end of the band, speaks decisively to the quality and timelessness of that music.  Clearly, he gave us something pretty special. 

I guess my point is that whatever he does or doesn't give now, at age 73...well, we can be upset about it (and I have been at times)...but when his epitaph is written, the irritations about his never recorded second solo album and things he sold on his website likely won't be mentioned.  And even if they are, they will be dusty details eventually scattered to the wind.  All that will remain in the end...is the music. 

And for that, he owes no one any apologies.

I used to be a fantastic law enforcement agent, perhaps the best.  I revolutionised the role of law enforcement some say, and was top of my game for well over a decade. Buford T Justice had quite a reputation!

Then it all fell apart. Some guy called The Bandit arrived and me and my team were derided overnight, seen as overblown dinosaurs. I retired from public view after a team member passed away after binging on coffee and doughnuts, and for a few years nursed a hitherto undisclosed Cod Liver Oil addiction. I occasionally emerged from retirement to see if the old magic was there - the flame occasionally flickered but could never be sustained. My dexterity to quickly cuff a crim had diminished. Now I spend most of my time talking about my most famous exploits - a four hour siege in Boston and 5 night residency at Earls Court lost property department particular favourites. I have also now featured on the cover of Law Enforcement Monthly and Coppers Journal, hilding my trusty handcuffs and double-shafted truncheon (not a euphemism) on more occasions than the number of spectacular arrests I actually became famous for. I rerelease Bufords Top Badguy Busts  for the 15th time this week, just in time for a Christmas cash in. This time round there's alternative means of beating out a criminal confession shown to whet the purist's appetites.

I regularly talk about getting the team back together, like the old days, baiting the hook to keep the interest going amongst the fans (egos never die even if skills fade). I've also got several past relationships to pay for, and a blossoming ongoing romance with a young professional sudoku puzzle compiler to consider. 

Just one more go at getting the team together and heading out there to bust the Bandit is all I really want.......but until that time, if it ever really will,  please keep buying my rehashed attempts at past glories. Signed limited edition photos of my good self from a variety of forensic photographers from days of yore are available now. 

Archived