'Bonzo's Birthday Bash': Footage

The Pagemeister

Mike Portnoy is just brilliant on "Dazed & Confused" here. American excellence & professionalism combined with sense of coolness and relaxed attitude. I just love every minute of it ! He said before the show that D & C represented for him the quintessential live jam in his 30 + minutes form. Would love to hear him on that. The guitar player is quite good too. WELL DONE.

disappointed to..... what makes it worse is I can't stand tribute bands; those pretending to be someone else. How sad.

...In the context of some of Led Zeppelin's early choices, this seems a rather ironic statement to make.

Besides, "tribute" bands tend to be different from simple "cover" bands...

I would never confuse Zeppelin's borrowing from blues artists with tribute bands. They recycled those old blues tunes and turned them into something new and original. That's a far cry from being a tribute band.

And yes, tribute bands and cover bands are different. The main difference being that tribute bands assume the persona of one specific band and often dress the part while cover bands don't. You're grasping at straws here.

Good points. I should have clarified....too much red wine tonight. Cover bands.....ok, I understand and get it. Tribute bands.....ahhhh< make me want to run and hide. You points are understood and valid....now that I'm sober.

Archived