Houston,TX- The Summit- May 21, 1977

DavidZoso

This concert is the one if I had been able to go to any would have been the one. I would have been only 8 years old but I live about 25 miles east of downtown Houston and would later see many a concert at the Summit which is now Lakewood church.

I was so happy when the great sound board audio of this show surfaced. I also think there is a real video of the show in someone's hands. I have several shows from 1975 till now of other groups that were recorded there. I also remember several shows I saw being broadcast on the video screens -one above the stage and one at the other end of the venue. One show I remember like yesterday that I was at and there are clips of it on youtube- was Aerosmith -1984. I was on 3rd row and it was a great show- as it was the tour that Joe Perry and Brad Whitford were back with the band after 5 years being away.

Anyway I think they played great at this show- maybe not as intense as the shows in Los Angeles but still very good. Robert even sang a bit of Custard Pie and a bit of Bad Company's song--Leaving Here from Burnin' Sky(my fav of theirs). I couldn't find many pics other than the two in timeline section on here -which I enlarged some and then the photoset sheets which I had to enlarge as well-sorry as they are not the greatest but they are better than nothing. I had some photoset sheets showing other parts during the show but they are on my other computer in storage.

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

In My Time of Dying

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Moby Dick

Guitar solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encore:

Rock and Roll

Trampled Underfoot

The Song Remains the Same

houston772.png

The Song Remains the Same

houston77.png

In My Time of Dying

92477388.jpg

In My Time of Dying

66359810.jpg

In My Time of Dying

79132445.jpg

In My Time of Dying

73661241.jpg

In My Time of Dying

17958703.jpg

In My Time of Dying

71439465.jpg

In My Time of Dying

25509325.jpg

In My Time of Dying

11790060.jpg

In My Time of Dying

63913341.jpg

In My Time of Dying

92373690.jpg

In My Time of Dying

11576681.jpg

In My Time of Dying

90118129.jpg

In My Time of Dying

97335696.jpg

In My Time of Dying

32579511.jpg

In My Time of Dying

42454109.jpg

In My Time of Dying

49458746.jpg

In My Time of Dying

56145421.jpg

In My Time of Dying

61089802.jpg

Vilolin Bow solo

desertzb.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

hydrangeasyz.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

jellyfishod.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

koalamh.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

lighthousen.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

penguinst.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

tulipsg.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

chrysanthemumdu.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

desertvc.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

hydrangeasje.jpg

Thank you David, I too remember Zep being in States from North of the Border, unable to attend as we were inexperienced culturally yet..

...I will scan in the next couple of days some Zep photos from 1977/article ...delay due to new scanner;

Yes, David, Zeppelin were healthy coming to that part of the '77 tour, after a break.

I saw them two nights in a row, in Houston, and then in Ft. Worth. BOTH were very satisfying shows!

David, I did look for any sign of camermen at the Houston show. I also looked for any images on any video screen, but, alas, I must report that I saw none. No cameramen, and no video screen images were seen by me. :(

Now if, someone secretly shot the band with an in house remote camera, then that will remain a mystrey, until the video is released.

But, until such a time as that, there can only be specualtion, as there is no concrete proof that the Houston concert was filmed.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

DavidZoso said

This concert is the one if I had been able to go to any would have been the one.

When I was 8, I wanted to dearly go and see ... The Beatles. But, my parents would not take me, and that was the only way I could go.

I'll always remember the Houston conert in '77 as the one where the audience all stood at the beginning of the show, and on the floor, almost every was standing ... on their chairs. I had never seen a salute like that before, at the beginning of any show. It was the "forest" of people standing on the chairs, that allowed me the cover to jump from the lower balcony to the floor, and make my way up to the center section... 3 rows back.

I remember seeing, in the row in front of me, to slender "hot" young chicks holding up what appeared to be, pages from a Playboy magazine, during the opening number. The power from the stage amps was quite intense, but then Led Zeppelin were a band that got the sound to you, even if you were in the back of the hall, or up in the nosebleed seats. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived