Jimmy Page's Vault

Is it empty? Is there anything left, any other recorded material that we could cherish?

With JPJ and Plant working on their own projects for a while, I think Page is the only one left who would even think about releasing anything else they have done.

Do you think he can make any magic happen?

Is it empty? Is there anything left, any other recorded material that we could cherish?

With JPJ and Plant working on their own projects for a while, I think Page is the only one left who would even think about releasing anything else they have done.

Do you think he can make any magic happen?

Depends on what you mean by his "vault"/what you're looking for.

They definitely still have quite a bit that could be released...but will they take the time/money/effort to do so? At this point, I doubt it - they've had ample opportunity to follow in the footsteps of their peers (e.g., The Beatles, Pink Floyd) and their (fairly) comprehensive releases.

He has a ton of stuff he hasn't released. And fortunately he has been releasing or re-releasing some of it via his website. If your asking if he will release anymore Led Zeppelin material I personally believe the O2 show is coming eventually (probably only in video format). Other than that he probably won't release anything. Another unreleased studio tracks album like Coda is all but out of the question imo and another live album is also unlikely. You never know what could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

He has a ton of stuff he hasn't released. And fortunately he has been releasing or re-releasing some of it via his website. If your asking if he will release anymore Led Zeppelin material I personally believe the O2 show is coming eventually (probably only in video format). Other than that he probably won't release anything. Another unreleased studio tracks album like Coda is all but out of the question imo and another live album is also unlikely. You never know what could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

They aren't "out of the question" at all - we might have to wait until the remaining members are dead, though.

i recently watched an 2010 interview where he said he's gonna work on new material next year (2011), but since nothing happened last year, then maybe he just kept the good stuff to himself or planning to release it soon, but since this is Monsieur Page, we'll have to wait in eagerness until we know the deal, which can't be known a second before it's official release.

Jimmy Page has a ton of stuff he hasn't released? Like what and how do you know this? It's going on 15 years of no new material.....pretty clear he's done with no ambition to work. At 68 with the money he has....why work if your heart is not in to it?

And fortunately he's been releasing it via his website?? what a couple opiod filled drone songs no one cares about? Autographed pics, I mean "fine art?" What has he released that turned any heads? He's just done with no indication of anything left in ther tank

It's been confirmed that there is (was) a room of tapes, many of them were in poor condition and needed to be baked before transfer according to Kevin Shirley. So there is content available. The condition it is in, and the possibility of release is unknown. Shirley seems to think that there is nothing worthy of release, and I fear that Page agrees.

I tend to agree with Melcore, whomever gains control of the estate once all surviving members have passed is perhaps the most probable source for the next Zeppelin release.

And fortunately he's been releasing it via his website?? what a couple opiod filled drone songs no one cares about? Autographed pics, I mean "fine art?" What has he released that turned any heads? He's just done with no indication of anything left in ther tank

...The PG demos.

It's been confirmed that there is (was) a room of tapes, many of them were in poor condition and needed to be baked before transfer according to Kevin Shirley. So there is content available. The condition it is in, and the possibility of release is unknown. Shirley seems to think that there is nothing worthy of release, and I fear that Page agrees.

I tend to agree with Melcore, whomever gains control of the estate once all surviving members have passed is perhaps the most probable source for the next Zeppelin release.

Shirley's a ponce! :P

Shirley's a ponce! :P

Yes, yes, I know.. That's so far the nicest thing you've called Shirley, and I agree. The thing is though, he (as far as I know) the only one who's had access to the tape room, or at least the only one who talked about it.

Yes, yes, I know.. That's so far the nicest thing you've called Shirley, and I agree. The thing is though, he (as far as I know) the only one who's had access to the tape room, or at least the only one who talked about it.

If you take his claims at face value, he seems to have been the only one really arsed with the tapes.

This is a very good point I didn't consider. Though I do hope that whoever gets control of the music doesn't just release everything unless that is what Page and the others wanted. I would love to have the music but I wouldn't feel good about it if someone sold all Page's stuff after he died unless he stated somewhere he was okay with that. My biggest fear is that someone might get it eventually who sells Stairway to Wal-Mart to be used for advertising.

How could that be any worse than allowing their songs to be used by Cadillac?

There's nothing wrong with that......Does it make you think any less of them as a band, individuals or the worth of their amazing cataloge - for allowing their music to be played in a car commercial for a minute or two??? Didn't think so....But if so, I'm sorry for you.

I have to agree. Allowing my favorite rock song of all time "Rock and Roll" to be used in an ad for an iconic symbol like a Cadilac (which is pretty synonymous with the lavish rock and roll lifestyle) is fine with me. Using "When the Levee Breaks" for something like "Pepto Bismol" is another.....

I have to agree. Allowing my favorite rock song of all time "Rock and Roll" to be used in an ad for an iconic symbol like a Cadilac (which is pretty synonymous with the lavish rock and roll lifestyle) is fine with me. Using "When the Levee Breaks" for something like "Pepto Bismol" is another.....

How about the Violent Femmes' "Blister In the Sun" being used in a Wendy's commercial? Surely the person that came up with that idea had to know what the song was about...

What about for a maxi pad commercial?

How could that be any worse than allowing their songs to be used by Cadillac?

When I think of Cadillac, I sure do not think Led Zeppelin, I think Barry White, Al Green, and Marvin Gaye. When I think Led Zeppelin related to a car, nothing comes to mind. To me the car would have to be part Jaguar, part Land Rover, part Lotus, part Aston Martin, part Bentley, part Hansom Carriage. The band is just so damn all inclusive, multi-faceted that one car or even one type of vehicle, including the god damn Starship Enterprise just does not cut it.

maybe trampled underfoot would have been better for a car commercial. Regardless, a Cadillac commercial is nothing to be bothered about. Between that and Almost Famous, its very, very, very rare to see a zeppelin song in any entertainment medium outside of something they produced themselves.

I don't think there's much salvageable stuff left in Jimmy's vault. Half baked demos & sketches but nothing "finished".

I mean, I for one am most interested in whatever he was cooking up in the 70's when he was peaking. That was Zeppelin. After 75, he was a heroin addict and his output & creativity nosedived.

He has tons of soundboard tapes from the Firm, Outrider, Coverdale Page, Page & Plant rehearsals and things like that.

He also has various demos from working with Michael Lee. Hell I'm sure he has the aborted Zep reunion rehearsals with Jason, too.

Worthy of release? To him probably not.

I mean, I for one am most interested in whatever he was cooking up in the 70's when he was peaking. That was Zeppelin. After 75, he was a heroin addict and his output & creativity nosedived.

Awfully harsh. Also strange, considering you then go on to detail a wealth of things we'd all be interested in hearing...

When I think of Cadillac, I sure do not think Led Zeppelin. To me the car would have to be part Jaguar, part Land Rover, part Lotus, part Aston Martin, part Bentley, part Hansom Carriage. The band is just so damn all inclusive, multi-faceted that one car or even one type of vehicle, including the god damn Starship Enterprise just does not cut it.

Ahhhh, so maybe a TRANSFORMERS commercial would have been better..... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived