What do YOU consider to be the holy grail of live concert footage?

TheLastSpartan

^^^

Thanks PlanetPage for digging that info up. I have seen the Weintraub footage before. I am wondering if the 1970 film clip they think is a trailer for The Song Remains the Same might actually be footage of the 1970 Royal Albert Hall gig?

Does any audio or film exist of the infamous Milan show in 71'? I would love to see that simply for the context and outcome of the show.

Music wise, I would like to hear some shows form 68' or the Pontiac show 1977.

^^^

Thanks PlanetPage for digging that info up. I have seen the Weintraub footage before. I am wondering if the 1970 film clip they think is a trailer for The Song Remains the Same might actually be footage of the 1970 Royal Albert Hall gig?

...you very welcome Strider; I waited for sometime for more details, and yesterday, I received a reply that due to copyright, no further details can be given on this Film. I have asked if the film is available for fee based viewing, although Huntely archives confirm they are commercial archiving Film Company...If I do hear anything furhter, I will update...

...tks for letting us know that you have seen the Weintraub Film before, same from Huntley?

....and the Robert Plant Film It will be made available if and when time allows; I will keep you posted likewise, if I come to know anything...but for the moment, going from the description, what promotion was there for Robert Plant in 1980? Robert's Dog, "Strider" looks to be in the Film...that one perhaps for you to solve!!

...lastly, as if the concert film is from 1970 Roya ALbert Hall, I did pose this question as you stated, but I got that reply due to copyright, details cannot be given... but origintally the archivist viewed as SRSM Trailer...

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, PlanetPage said:

Very Sincere thanks to Huntley Film Archives for uploading this long awaited film of our "Rock God", .....

Wow, that was amazing, such insight and depth. I believe my life has been changed and I will never be the same again.

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2015 at 4:23 AM, Sue Dounim said:

If I could change one filming decision in Zep's career it'd be to have filmed and multitracked LA 77

This 100%. There is so little official live stuff after 1973, and none  in 77 (and I don't think releasing the Seattle video would help their reputation). It'd be fantastic to hear Bonham's drums in TSRTS on 6/21 on a multitrack!

In addition to that, I wish that they had filmed and multitracked Seattle 6/19/72. Probably the best Zeppelin concert ever. Shame the bootleg sound quality is rather poor. I actually made a full length concert recording for myself combining HTWWW, Burn Like a Candle, and the extra songs in Seattle that weren't played in LA or Long Beach. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best that can be done to get an idea for what this concert was really like until a soundboard (hopefully) comes out one day.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bcarter690 said:

Agreed! This short GIF of Robert is intriguing. Its obviously from video not included within the short clip of 'Dazed and Confused' seen on 'DVD'.

RP ICELAND GIF.gif

This is from the same newsreel footage, near the end.
Complete video here: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/iceland-1970-complete-news-reel

8 hours ago, bcarter690 said:

Very interesting. Thanks!

10 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

This is from the same newsreel footage, near the end.
Complete video here: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/iceland-1970-complete-news-reel

Robert's voice sounds so much deeper during the interview. The footage is amazing as it appears one could just walk up to a plane and greet those getting off. Also of note he seems really pleased with the reception they received. I guess it must have been one hell of a gig! Robert in such high spirits, I can only imagine what this show was like. 

The best of...

what is out there? Has to be RAH. Just so killer.

Of what is a wish? - Anything pro-shot that is like RAH in that it highlights ALL members. And when Jimmy is in shot, it is often with JPJ equally in shot. Probably something from 77. Or, like almost everyone says, anything from very early on.

Archived