Page & Burroughs

The Pagemeister

Stephen Davis brought this up in his LZ 75' book. It was the only semi-decent story in that entire shit pile of a book. Glad I bought it for $2 in the bargain bin of an airport bookstore, Mr. Davis is a hack of biblical proportions. One thing I did notice though is Mr. Davis's obvious hate for JPJ, throughout the book he is consistently degrading him calling his keyboard playing cheesy, lounge-jazz. He also brings up his personal life like anyone cares, I thought the book was supposed to be about LZ not Davis and some doped up girl with no taste and no functioning brain.

Thanks so much for those. For those that have never read the backstory to the interview (or the interview itself), you can do so here. Then again, I would imagine it's been posted here many times before.

You're welcome. I love the 4 pictures together. MSG showed them to me from Charles Gatewood's site. I have the entire interview from the magazine. The cover of Crawdaddy is one of my very favorite pictures of Jimmy (and one of my favorite outfits. :D)

This must have meant a lot to Jimmy as he devotes 2 pages about it in his book:

"This was a photo shoot during the interview with Burroughs for Crawdaddy! where he wrote about music, trance music and Morocco. I turned the conversation to Wilhelm Reich and orgone energry. And it was to my surprise that William Burroughs had an orgone cabinet there in his home which he would visit on a daily basis. After the interview we went to Mr Burroughs' local Mexican restaurant where we ate heartily and he introduced me to Dos Equis."

• 1 year later...

You're welcome. I love the 4 pictures together. MSG showed them to me from Charles Gatewood's site. I have the entire interview from the magazine. The cover of Crawdaddy is one of my very favorite pictures of Jimmy (and one of my favorite outfits. :D)

This must have meant a lot to Jimmy as he devotes 2 pages about it in his book:

"This was a photo shoot during the interview with Burroughs for Crawdaddy! where he wrote about music, trance music and Morocco. I turned the conversation to Wilhelm Reich and orgone energry. And it was to my surprise that William Burroughs had an orgone cabinet there in his home which he would visit on a daily basis. After the interview we went to Mr Burroughs' local Mexican restaurant where we ate heartily and he introduced me to Dos Equis."

Great aen27!!!.... Always liked me the story of Page-Burroughs interview, and the note itself, because they dug in unconventional subjects with interesting opinions and such. Does anyone on the forum scanned and posted the interview as appeared on the magazine? I always wondered how it looked like.

Hi lucisfero, I've always liked this interview too. It's remarkable how quickly Burroughs "got" Zeppelin. I also love Page's "nitroglycerin" quote. This interview also puts to a lie the allegations that Zep was trying to "push" anything onto their audiences. To the contrary, the band was watching out for and trying to protect it's audiences.

• 5 months later...

...One thing I did notice though is Mr. Davis's obvious hate for JPJ, throughout the book he is consistently degrading him calling his keyboard playing cheesy, lounge-jazz...

I'm guessing the feeling was mutual. JPJ calls Steven Davis an idiot during the interview below.

http://www.ledzeppelinnews.com/2001/12/john-paul-jones-clears-up-queen-story.html

Archived