Robert Plant to embark on South American tour

Janvier

Various Chilean media are reporting today that Robert Plant with the Sensational Space Shifters will be touring South America in the last quarter of 2012.

Below's a translation from La Tercera,

"(Plant) has set his arrival into Chile. It'll be in the first half of November at the Movistar Arena, according to the agenda set by his staff and a local producer. Also, the tour includes several stops in South America, with a possible starting point in Brasil in late-October, continuing on to Buenos Aires, Santiago and Mexico City. In fact, the Brazilian portal Uol revealed that the British musician will visit that country in late-October, proceeding then to the rest of the region".

http://diario.laterc...-zeppelin.shtml

It will be a bit of a surprise if the South america thing is true/comes off as his appetite for such distant travel seems to have diminished ( he has cited health reasons), but I for one would be thrilled if it happened, as there are so many loyal fans there. The Balearics are indeed Spanish, he has a connection to the area through family property.

There's a website that cites a Chilean date as early as November 5 and the story was picked up by Rolling Stone Brasil. I'll be posting as more information becomes available.

Look forward to it :)

RobertPlant.com has just posted a date for The Sensational Space Shifters but I think that's in Spain

Nov 24th, 2012 - Balearic Islands, Entertainment Forum

None in the mainland want to bring him U_U

Anyway, the tour through South America is a good new :)

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a bit of a surprise if the South america thing is true/comes off as his appetite for such distant travel seems to have diminished ( he has cited health reasons), but I for one would be thrilled if it happened, as there are so many loyal fans there. The Balearics are indeed Spanish, he has a connection to the area through family property.

I have never heard he had health issues, whats with that ?

Robert Plant tickets are for sale at ticketportal.com.ar

http://lunapark.tick...ces.asp?evt=422

The show is scheduled for November 1st at Buenos Aires' Luna Park.

Earlier today the largest newspaper Clarin ran a story on this: http://www.clarin.co..._757124509.html

Also, a story on Rolling Stone Argentina:

http://www.rollingst...ne-robert-plant

Still no mention of this on Robert Plant's official website.

• Administrators

Official Announcement:

South American Tour 2012 – RP Presents The Sensational Space Shifters

South American Tour Dates:

November 1, 2012 – Luna Park

Argentina, Buenos Aires.

www.ticketportal.com.ar

November 2, 2012 – Luna Park

Argentina, Buenos Aires.

www.ticketportal.com.ar

November 4, 2012 – Orfeo Superdomo

Argentina, Cordoba

www.orfeosuperdomo.com/DinoTickets

November 7, 2012 – Arena Movistar

Chile, Santiago

www.feriaticket.cl

November 9, 2012 – Jockey Club

Peru, Lima

www.teleticket.com.pe

sss_rp.jpg

It seems the promoters have added "The Voice of Led Zeppelin" to promo materials?

Thanks, Steve, for pointing that out. I was just going to question if Robert Plant was on board with the idea of that tagline "The Voice of Led Zeppelin"?

It seemed highly suspect he would approve of that.

Thanks, Steve, for pointing that out. I was just going to question if Robert Plant was on board with the idea of that tagline "The Voice of Led Zeppelin"?

It seemed highly suspect he would approve of that.

Well they are using a picture from that time period on the poster as well so why not completely throw people off on what they can expect to hear and see

Six new dates announced in Brazil

Robert-Plant-destaque2.jpg

Robert Plant fará seis shows no Brasil em outubro

Ex-vocalista do Led Zeppelin passará por Rio, Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Brasília, Curitiba e Porto Alegre

iG São Paulo | 22/08/2012 16:40:26 - Atualizada às 22/08/2012 19:48:44

"O cantor Robert Plant vai fazer seis shows no Brasil. O ex-vocalista do Led Zeppelin passará por Rio de Janeiro (18 de outubro; HSBC Arena), Belo Horizonte (20/10; Expo Minas), São Paulo (22/10; Espaço das Américas), Brasília (25/10; ginásio Nilson Nelson), Curitiba (27/10; teatro Guaíra) e Porto Alegre (29/10; Gigantinho)".

http://ultimosegundo...em-outubro.html

• Administrators

Brazil 2012 Tour Dates

Robert Plant Presents Sensational Space Shifters- Brazil 2012

OCTOBER 2012:

18 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Live Music Rocks HSBC Arena

www.livepass.br

20 Belo Horizonte, Brazil – Expo Minas

22 Sao Paulo, Brazil - Espaco das Americas

www.livepass.br

25 Brasilia, Brazil – Nilson Nelson Arena

www.ingressorapido.com.br