CLASSIC FILM REELS AT THE LED ZEPPELIN PLAZA

betteremily

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch classic movies?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you or anyone you've known ever said "I cannot watch this because it's in black and white"

• Yes
    • No
    • What the fu*k?

Annex%20-%20Cagney,%20James%20%28Angels%MV5BMTQ3MDE5NjkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY4

Angels with Dirty Faces A priest tries to stop a gangster from corrupting a group of street kids.

Great shot. The other one the East Side Kids played in was 'Dead End' with Bogart. Bogey definitlely died from lead poisoning at the end. :guns:

Had to have some Marx Brothers the other night. :^)

post-503-0-94514900-1380762043_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Martin: Aren't you ashamed now? Aren't you? Spiders now, is it? Flies ain't good enough!

Renfield: Flies? Flies? Poor puny things! Who wants to eat flies?

Martin: You do, you loony!

Renfield: Not when I can get nice fat spiders!

Martin: All right, have it your own way.

FB_IMG_1496883653513.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 6:01 PM, zepscoda said:

Martin: Aren't you ashamed now? Aren't you? Spiders now, is it? Flies ain't good enough!

Renfield: Flies? Flies? Poor puny things! Who wants to eat flies?

Martin: You do, you loony!

Renfield: Not when I can get nice fat spiders!

Martin: All right, have it your own way.

FB_IMG_1496883653513.jpg

What a character. ^_^

• 4 months later...

Me and the family are heading up to this on Saturday , CAN'T WAIT !!!

https://www.sciencemuseumok.org/smart-space/ray-harryhausen

Mythical monsters, skeleton warriors and Greek gods have invaded Science Museum Oklahoma’s smART Space art galleries as part of "Ray Harryhausen – Mythical Menagerie."

“Ray Harryhausen – Mythical Menagerie” is a comprehensive exhibition of close to 150 of the original models, prototypes, bronzes, sketches and storyboards from stop-motion animation pioneer Ray Harryhausen's “The 7th Voyage of Sinbad,” “Jason and the Argonauts,” “The Golden Voyage of Sinbad,” “Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger” and “Clash of the Titans.”

The exhibition was developed in partnership with the Scotland-based Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation and is the first U.S. exhibition of Harryhausen’s work since his death in 2013.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:01 AM, redrum said:

What a character. ^_^

He was so over the top and as a kid scared the crap out of me.

About 1962 being Classic....It's up to the viewer I guess to say what decade is the cut off line. It' something we deal with on a golden age of monsters  face book page I'm on. 

4 hours ago, zepscoda said:

He was so over the top and as a kid scared the crap out of me.

About 1962 being Classic....It's up to the viewer I guess to say what decade is the cut off line. It' something we deal with on a golden age of monsters  face book page I'm on. 

The scene where they found him on the ship always creeped my sister out with his maniacal laugh. ^_^ I want to read the book again and find the version with Louis Jourdan as Dracula. Yeah, there are a LOT of classics from the early 60's.

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

The Ray Harryhausen exhibit was fantastic! Here's a quick vid I took, 2 of the 7 skeletons that were used in Jason and the Argonauts. 

Those were the most evil of skeletons.

I also love 'First Men In The Moon.' Saw it when it first came out.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

It was the 1967 CBS broadcast of "The Wizard of Oz" where I fell in love with Judy Garland and the MGM classic. "The Wizard of Oz" became a yearly ritual after that.

I haven't seen the whole film in years. Just snippets here and there.

Archived