New York-Madison Square Garden- June 10, 1977

DavidZoso

This was the third night of a six night run at Madison Square Gardens in New York. It is a very good show and there are some firsts at this show. Over the Hills and Far Away is played for the first time on this US 1977 tour, standing in for In My Time of Dying. The other first is one of the rare versions of Heartbreaker played on this tour. No Quarter is a good version but with a small cut in the recording. Ten Years Gone is a very nice version.

The Theremin section is one of the most whacked out of the tour and I mean that in a good way. Achilles Last Stand is just superb. Also like I said in the other New York 1977 threads- there were a lot of firecrackers being lit off at these shows but at this one not so much . They were replaced by loud Fog horns haha. I would like to dedicate this photo setlist to my friend bamf4k.

Here is the video footage from this show:

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Over the Hills and Far Away

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp,

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Moby Dick

Heartbreaker

Guitar solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love ~ Rock and Roll.

The Song Remains the Same

2291g.jpg

usa77_jpj_dt1.jpg

usa77_jb_dt1.jpg

2164y.jpg

Sick Again

usa77_jp_dt1.jpg

Sick Again

77dt2.jpg

rp771.jpg

Nobody's Fault but Mine

NY77.jpg

2292y.jpg

2164y.jpg

Thank you for the shout-out! Though I must point out that Pagey's wearing two different necklaces in the two Kashmir pics.

Thank you for the shout-out! Though I must point out that Pagey's wearing two different necklaces in the two Kashmir pics.

He is wearing both necklaces- one has just swung over on to his jacket. Also I have only seen pics from this one show that David Tan took(both Kashmir shots are taken by David Tan)- so I am sticking with that they are from this one show.

See in this pic.

jp77-3.jpg

Oh, I didn't notice, hurr hurr. :P Oh well, I stand corrected. Also, I know this isn't TOTALLY the right thread for it, (probably should be over in your 5/28/77 or 6/22/77 threads) but am I the only one who thought that Jimmy pulled off the Black Dragon Suit alot better in '77 than he did in Earl's Court? It looked cooler with a belt anyway, and it looked even way more awesome with the scarf and shades IMHO. Makes me really wish 6/22/77 had been pro-shot.

Well don't give up because almost all of Bill Graham's concerts he hosted at Oakland and at Winterland etc were videotaped..

Here are some examples:

Lynyrd Skynrd-Freebird- Oakland -July 2, 1977 (just a couple weeks before Zeppelins two shows)

Aerosmith- Sweet Emotion-Oakland -July 21, 1979

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92TfrDhqvX4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived