ROBERT PLANT And ALISON KRAUSS European Tour Dates

Playing Wembley is the oddest of decisions. Firstly, I'll be surprised if it sells out. I'm not sure Robert on his own is big enough to sell Wembley. Adding in Alison may bring in country fans, but it will also lose some fans of Robert who would rather hear blues or rock. Secondly, as mentioned here, the venue just seems far too cold and acoustically inappropriate for this kind of music. All I can think is that either he wants to get the tour over as quickly as possible, going for a few big venues, so that he can tour with LZ (!) or he is going to announce some smaller club venues to precede the Stadium venues - I'd expect this so he and her can practice live.

Playing Wembley is the oddest of decisions. Firstly, I'll be surprised if it sells out. I'm not sure Robert on his own is big enough to sell Wembley. Adding in Alison may bring in country fans, but it will also lose some fans of Robert who would rather hear blues or rock. Secondly, as mentioned here, the venue just seems far too cold and acoustically inappropriate for this kind of music. All I can think is that either he wants to get the tour over as quickly as possible, going for a few big venues, so that he can tour with LZ (!) or he is going to announce some smaller club venues to precede the Stadium venues - I'd expect this so he and her can practice live.

It's Wembley Arena not Wembley Stadium! I think it has a capacity of about 12,000 and I'm sure Robert Plant could sell it out easily.

PRECISELY! :)

I also wondered if Robert and Alsion could sell out Wembley, for one they wont be playing rock which may deter Led Zepp fans, however Zepp did do a lot of acoustic music. However, she may have a big following amongst bluegrass fans. In my opinion the Royal Albert Hall would have been a much better choice.

PRECISELY! :)

I also wondered if Robert and Alsion could sell out Wembley, for one they wont be playing rock which may deter Led Zepp fans, however Zepp did do a lot of acoustic music. However, she may have a big following amongst bluegrass fans. In my opinion the Royal Albert Hall would have been a much better choice.

What is the seating capacity at Wembley?

I was tempted by this, very tempted.

I love Raising Sand (I rate it as one of this year's best albums), but somehow I just can't see it translating very well to the stage. The album (to my ears) is a pretty intimate recording with intimate performances. I'm struggling at this stage to see how they could reproduce that in person, so I'm sitting this one out...

Just to sort this out. As has been stated previously,this is at the Arena not the stadium.There's a real difference in capacity ie 8000 to 12,000 max for the arena and I'd guess about 75,000-85,000 for the stadium. There's a substantial difference there. The Arena can be configured and arranged for varying capacities according to ticket sales, staging and artists' requirements.

My impression was that RP went to see some Genesis shows over the summer and didn't like the setting. Those were stadium shows, in sports grounds, for the most part, with capacities and attendances way above that of Wembley Arena. So,big stadium shows would seem to be 'out', for the moment. Plant/Krauss aren't booked in to those sort of venues,though. If, if, if Zep tour and play Wembley Stadium or Twickenham or the Millennium Stadium etc then we can assume he's changed his mind. Which he's allowed to do.

What is all the hype about Plant and Krauss?

I can understand that a lot of Americans are into Alison Krauss (beats me why). I also understand that we all are entitled to our own opinion, I personally have no interest whatsoever in the pair of them together.

It would be interesting to know who on here like or dislike the Plant/Krauss combo and how many of those who like them are from the U.S.

Any takers?

What is all the hype about Plant and Krauss?

I can understand that a lot of Americans are into Alison Krauss (beats me why). I also understand that we all are entitled to our own opinion, I personally have no interest whatsoever in the pair of them together.

It would be interesting to know who on here like or dislike the Plant/Krauss combo and how many of those who like them are from the U.S.

Any takers?

I love it and I am not from the USA

Hi all...I have an insane request. I'll be in London with my cousin on the night Robert and Alison play Wembley Arena, and really want to go since no Texas dates have been confirmed. My cousin will definitely not want to go with me. Having never been in London, I really don't want to find my way alone. Is there anyone who's going to the show willing to share a ride of some sort to and from? I'm asking before I buy my ticket because as a female going alone and a London neophyte the prospect is a bit scary.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi all...I have an insane request. I'll be in London with my cousin on the night Robert and Alison play Wembley Arena, and really want to go since no Texas dates have been confirmed. My cousin will definitely not want to go with me. Having never been in London, I really don't want to find my way alone. Is there anyone who's going to the show willing to share a ride of some sort to and from? I'm asking before I buy my ticket because as a female going alone and a London neophyte the prospect is a bit scary.

Go for it, don't be afraid, I went to London alone for the Led Zeppelin O2 concert and I had no problems at all.

take celias advice and try it out.

Some of us from the board will be going to the Wembley show too, myself, Aquamarine and Plantonic will be meeting up, why not join us, we aren't bad company. :D

take celias advice and try it out.

Some of us from the board will be going to the Wembley show too, myself, Aquamarine and Plantonic will be meeting up, why not join us, we aren't bad company. :D

Listen to him, he is a wise man.

B)

I won't be there, but I wish you have a great time. I considered Düsseldorf in Germany, but well, I can't really get into this Album, so... <_<

And sorry, Paul, those clips don't help at all. :ph34r:

Listen to him, he is a wise man.

B)

I won't be there, but I wish you have a great time. I considered Düsseldorf in Germany, but well, I can't really get into this Album, so... <_<

And sorry, Paul, those clips don't help at all. :ph34r:

They wern't to get you into it I was just giving them to those who like the album :)

Archived