Prank Calls

Charles J. White

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

When we were teenagers there were no cell phones or computers to keep us buys to this is one thing we did.   This mean guy up the street that was rich, we sent taxi's and pizza's to his house.   But my one friend used to make some real crazy calls.  He found people with the last name Quuckenbush.  He called them and asked what you got if you crossed a Duck with a Hedge?

In the mid sixties a cousin and I would out of boredom would make numerous prank calls (His parents phone, not mine) One of them was to someone with the name "Zydaggio" who happened to be the last name in the phonebook.. " Do you know you are the last name in the book" we would call and ask repeatedly over the course of a week or so....Mr Zydaggio would patiently go along with our prank which my cousin and I as a pair of eight year old's thought was hilarious.......

4 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

A good phone prank is something I did for hours on end when I was a kid - that's one of the reasons I love Howard

When did you start listening to him?

On 4/8/2016 at 10:24 PM, Walter said:

When did you start listening to him?

When I was kid growing up in Ottawa (4th largest city in Canada) in the 1980's, we didn't get the show, I had family in America who would tape his show on audio cassettes, TDK I believe, they were, 90 min tapes. And they would mail me the show through the post. I would bring them with me to school and during recess and lunch break we would listen to the show in the school yard soccer pitch. After school we would listen to him as well. We also loved Cheech and Chong records. Howard is the King of radio. So it has been like 30 years I would think. When he moved over to Satellight I took up a subscription right away. I grew up with him. I'm very loyal to people and things I grew up with where I feel like there is a common connection. I know it's weird, but I just am loyal in an annoying sort of way.

I had one guy actually punch my lights out when I was 13 over a prank call that I heard on his show which I decided to try myself - his punching me out led me to throwing snow balls dipped in water and left to freeze over night so they would turn into solid ice a few days later - the guys house was a little cold with a broken window...I smiled knowing I had won in the end...

• 3 months later...

Archived