Billy Corgan: Soundgarden and Pavement came back just for the $

2bitnogoodjive

Corgan's always been an egotistical asshole that loves to make outrageous comments meant to draw attention to himself. If he wasn't out there doing it, he wouldn't be Billy Corgan. It's a necessary evil, sort of like the existence of one Courtney Hole.

I don't think Soundgarden (or any artist for that matter) is infalliible, even the mighty Led Zeppelin. Rock n' roll needs it's loud mouths and Billy Corgan just happens to be one of them. Speaking just for myself, I love Siamese Dream. I also like some other Smashing Pumpkins records but none nearly as much as I like that one. I've yet to hear any of it but their/his latest, Oceania, has also been getting some pretty rave reviews. Sometimes you have to separate the art from the artist (which in some cases can be very difficult). Corgan is a living, breathing example of that.

Corgan is a genius.

From what I've heard so far, his new album is incredible.

I don't agree with him at all on this one though.

Soundgarden is taking their time and doing it right.

He was responding to something Cornell said about SP a couple of years ago.

And these quotes did their job. People are still talking about him a month or 2 later. He's written some pretty badass music and that's all that really matters to me, not some horribly chosen image he's decided to carve out for himself. The guys got some pretty cool views on music when he's not being an asshole.

Archived