Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

JACK BLACK????????.......Gawd awful!!!! Lenny should be interesting - good choice! The Foo Fighters will do them justice as well!

I applaud Jack Black's part. I called that one ! :)

Since the Foos will be doing Zep numbers, that will be fine.

Lenny can play some mean licks as well.

With the other celebrites appearing on stage, this should be wonderful to watch later this month !!!!!!

BTY, does anyone know if Buddy Guy, Dustin Hoffman, or David Letterman ever saw Led Zep inconcert back in the day ? ? ?

I find in interseting how these so-called "cool" celebs like Hoffman and Letterman, may never have even gone to a Zeppelin concert in their lifetimes...

I applaud Jack Black's part. I called that one ! :)

Since the Foos will be doing Zep numbers, that will be fine.

Lenny can play some mean licks as well.

With the other celebrites appearing on stage, this should be wonderful to watch later this month !!!!!!

BTY, does anyone know if Buddy Guy, Dustin Hoffman, or David Letterman ever saw Led Zep inconcert back in the day ? ? ?

I find in interseting how these so-called "cool" celebs like Hoffman and Letterman, may never have even gone to a Zeppelin concert in their lifetimes...

Please don't take this as anything but a sincere comment, but if seeing LZ live is a requirement to being "cool", that's an awfully narrow view of the world. Sometimes, even if one wanted to see them, it doesn't work out. Sometimes, one doesn't come to appreciate them until later in life. Sometimes, well, there are lots of sometimes's...

I really like this year's lineup of honorees. I think all of them are remarkable talents and all of them definitely have the "cool" factor. I really wish I could be there tomorrow!

^^

Agree on all points!

How would anyone know what concerts Letterman or Hoffman went to? And why does that have any bearing on the Kennedy Honors?

But I am willing to bet that LZ went to see Buddy Guy a time or two.

and apologies on my redundant post above re: Letterman. I didn't see the thread when I posted.

Please don't take this as anything but a sincere comment, but if seeing LZ live is a requirement to being "cool", that's an awfully narrow view of the world. Sometimes, even if one wanted to see them, it doesn't work out. Sometimes, one doesn't come to appreciate them until later in life. Sometimes, well, there are lots of sometimes's...

I really like this year's lineup of honorees. I think all of them are remarkable talents and all of them definitely have the "cool" factor. I really wish I could be there tomorrow!

1st of all, I have missed seeing my share of groups and concerts, mostly due to my own bad decisions. But, I also made many many godd decisions along the way.

As to how anyone would know who saw what concerts.... well, with this interconnected internet world we live in, that can be known.

Letterman is interviewg LZ, so whether he saw them or not, does make a difference.

Did he have chance and blow it ? Yes, I'd like to know.

Look, they're all bing honored, so they deserve the Kennedy Honors.

But, if I want to know about their concert-going habits, then that's okay too. --- They are all public figures.

Having seen LZ or not does not make one cool or not.... but it only increases what 'cool' may be there. Just like I have extra respect for those that went to Woodstock, or saw The Beatles or Jimi Hendrix perform.

Yeah, it's something, that if you had an honest chance to see, but didn't, then that's not cool.

Do we know when the Charlie Rose interview wil be aired?

haha i like how Jimmy and Robert are all dressed up and JPJ is just in jeans and a shirt, all these interviews should be very, very interesting, here's to hoping they go in depth and talk more details about what they're doing with the catalog next year.

Along with Mr. Jimmy Page, Mr. Robert Plant and Mr. John Paul Jones being given the Kennedy Center Honors Award this year is the great American actor, Mr. Dustin Hoffman. Mr. Hoffman is one of my favorite actors. I am sure alot of you would agree. To name all the great movies he has starred in would be insane. We all know that Dustin Hoffman is one of the Greatest actors of all-time. With that being said, I find it an honor in and of itself that Dustin Hoffman will be receiving this High Honor alongside Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. It makes me wonder what the conversations would be like between the members of Led Zeppelin and Mr. Hoffman.

Mr. Hoffman, "I saw you guys play at Madison Square Garden in 1973. What a Fucking Concert! I also saw you at the Forum in 1977. Unbelievable! "Since I've Been Loving You" is one of my favorite songs. Oh, and I went to the theater and saw "Celebration Day". Seeing You guys on that stage in London brought back a bunch of memories. You guys still have it after all of these years".

Mr. Page, "Thanks, Dustin. I really admire your pictures. I have been a fan of your pictures since I first saw, "the Graduate" and "Midnight Cowboy"... and by the way, "Wag the Dog" is one of my favorite films. You and Robert De Niro were both excellent in that film. How is Bob anyway? We met a few times back in the '70's and I was hoping he would be here to pay tribute to your storied career. I know that he was given this honor back in 2009. Anyway, here's my number. Call me anytime. Next time you see Bob give him my number as well. I would like to catch up with him as well. Maybe all of Us could go out to dinner sometime real soon (Jimmy looking at Robert and John Paul. Both of them nodding their head in agreement). Congratulations. You deserve this".

Mr. Hoffman, "Thanks Jimmy. I will. Hey? When are we gonna hear some new music from you? Since I am still making movies at my age, You need to be still making Music at yours. Remember, I am 7 years older than you and I have no intenion of packing it up just yet. Neither should you."

Mr. Page, "I have some ideas that I think will come to fruition, hopefully, next year. Maybe not with these two chaps here, but I am not ready to pack it up yet either. You ready? Let's go out and do this".

I posted this (imaginary) conversation between Jimmy and Dustin talking before being Honored.

Well, it seems that I was right and wrong at the same time. It seems that Mr. Robert DeNiro will there "to pay tribute to Dustin's storied career". Now I will finally have the answer to the question, "Has Jimmy Page and/or Led Zeppelin ever met Mr. Robert DeNiro?" If the answer was No in the past, well it seems to be Yes now. I would like to think that there paths might have crossed in the past, either in New York City or Los Angeles back in the 1970's. If not, there paths have now crossed in My Nations Capital, Washington, D.C.

This makes me feel proud about my Passions (Music and Movies among many things) and of being an American who Loves Led Zeppelin's music and Robert DeNiro's movies.

One last thing: I can't wait to see a picture of all of them together.

Archived