LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

So happy for everyone but I won't lie it's killing me. No word yet if they're screening it here in the Philippines, though I was assured it would (by the same people who screened the 2003 DVD). if it doesn't show here, I will throw a tantrum and proceed to have a screening of my own with a projector and bed sheets.

After watching to 30+ minute press conference on youtube I must say I really felt Plant was not at all happy about doing it or being a part of anything to do with Zeppelin. It seemed to be something he agreed to do but more so for for Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund. Page seemed to be relishing in the Zeppelin attention and from questions he answered or didn't, it appears he is not planning on anything further outside of Zeppelin related products.Jones was middle of the road, classy as always and open to any possible scenerios. Plant just seemed distant, unenergized and bored. Its been clear hes through with it all, but that press conference just put the final nail in the coffin. He didnt want to be there, but really had to be and I do believe it wasnt for glory and attention, but for Ahmet. I am looking forward to watching the film and listening to the CD. Should be fun.

After watching to 30+ minute press conference on youtube I must say I really felt Plant was not at all happy about doing it or being a part of anything to do with Zeppelin. It seemed to be something he agreed to do but more so for for Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund. Page seemed to be relishing in the Zeppelin attention and from questions he answered or didn't, it appears he is not planning on anything further outside of Zeppelin related products.Jones was middle of the road, classy as always and open to any possible scenerios. Plant just seemed distant, unenergized and bored. Its been clear hes through with it all, but that press conference just put the final nail in the coffin. He didnt want to be there, but really had to be and I do believe it wasnt for glory and attention, but for Ahmet. I am looking forward to watching the film and listening to the CD. Should be fun.

I've always liked Robert and all the memebers of the band. Bored or not, and I will get beat up for this, and remember I've been a Zep fan since 1971, imho, Robert is selfish to say the least. Whenever a popular band breaks up it's for, as the press release states, "for artistic differences". BS! They forgot where they came from, NOTHING! I know, Zep disbanded because of Bonham's death. Led Zeppelin MADE Robert Plant. Would he have been popular without Zep? We will never know. But this release, Celebration Day is Jimmy and John Paul Jones way of saying thankyou to the millions of fans out there. Could they have toured like millions wanted? Yes, if not for Robert Plant. He can't use the excuse his voice isn't the same when he tours constantly with Allison Krause or The Band of Joy, all the while doing Zep songs as well. I'm baseing these remarks on the press conference and the quote above. Jimmy ultimately has the final word on any release. And for this, me and millions of fans around the world thank him and will celebrate November 19th.

Jeff

Bored or not, and I will get beat up for this, and remember I've been a Zep fan since 1971, imho, Robert is selfish to say the least.

Yes, you will get beat up for this and rightfully so. Plant has become the scapegoat all too often for fans' selfishness in regards to Led Zeppelin getting back together. Not only is that being unfair to Plant, it's highly unfortunate all the way around because he doesn't deserve any of the vitriol that's been directed at him in that regard. At the time of the reunion at the 02 Plant was previously committed to a tour with Alison Krauss in support of Raising Sand so there was no way he could have taken part in a tour with his former bandmates (and Jason Bonham) even if he had wanted to. I'm also tired of hearing this "Led Zeppelin made Robert Plant" bullshit. He doesn't owe you or them a God damn thing. Led Zeppelin in 2012 is a non-entity other than to release archival projects such as Celebration Day and to accept awards such as the Kennedy Honors. Put your selfishness aside for just a second and direct your emotions to a positive place, which would be to honor the legacy of Led Zeppelin and quit taking your frustrations out on Robert Plant.

I don't blame Robert for anything, and I just don't understand any "fan" that thinks he owes them something. I was first turned on to Led Zep when I was 13 years old. A month later, Bonzo died. Would I have loved to have seen them live? Hell yeah! Would I have loved to have been at the O2? Hell yeah! But I resigned myself to the fact years ago that I would never see them live. They were just a little before my time. I'm fine with that. It doesn't bother me in the least because there's nothing I can do to change it anyway. I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder blaming everything on Robert. The man has free choice to do what he wants with his life. All of us do. It sounds like they put in a hell of a performance at the 02, but I agree with Robert, when in a vague not so obvious way, he told the world he was basically too old to do justice to the Zeppelin legacy on a nightly basis. If Robert feels he can't be authentic with regards to Zeppelin, then I don't want to see something that isn't authentic. And how authentic could any Zeppelin tour be without John Henry Bonham?

Led Zeppelin MADE Robert Plant. Would he have been popular without Zep? We will never know. But this release, Celebration Day is Jimmy and John Paul Jones way of saying thankyou to the millions of fans out there. Could they have toured like millions wanted? Yes, if not for Robert Plant. He can't use the excuse his voice isn't the same when he tours constantly with Allison Krause or The Band of Joy, all the while doing Zep songs as well.

Ok, so even if his heart really isn't in it for whatever reason (he doesn't think it can really be Zeppelin without JB, it's not what he wants to be doing at his age, he's got new musical ideas to explore etc etc) Robert should really agree to a Zeppelin tour because it's what you want, and anything other than what you want is selfishness on Robert's part? Ok, that sounds fair, and not at all selfish of you... :rolleyes:

EntradaCD.png

That's my ticket (bought in Internet), in my city the film is only in one cinema and also only 2 times (both in the same day).

It's censored, if anyone copied without the hippos, he could pass in the cinema instead me.

I've always liked Robert and all the memebers of the band. Bored or not, and I will get beat up for this, and remember I've been a Zep fan since 1971, imho, Robert is selfish to say the least. Whenever a popular band breaks up it's for, as the press release states, "for artistic differences". BS! They forgot where they came from, NOTHING! I know, Zep disbanded because of Bonham's death. Led Zeppelin MADE Robert Plant. Would he have been popular without Zep? We will never know. But this release, Celebration Day is Jimmy and John Paul Jones way of saying thankyou to the millions of fans out there. Could they have toured like millions wanted? Yes, if not for Robert Plant. He can't use the excuse his voice isn't the same when he tours constantly with Allison Krause or The Band of Joy, all the while doing Zep songs as well. I'm baseing these remarks on the press conference and the quote above. Jimmy ultimately has the final word on any release. And for this, me and millions of fans around the world thank him and will celebrate November 19th.

Jeff

Plant turned down a $200 million deal to tour with Zeppelin. He probably has a pertinent reason and stop bitching about it.

Robert doesn't owe his former bandmates anymore than he's given. fan here since 75 but Maybe ...he just plain likes working with the more recent collaborators...its his right. They said "Thank You" a long time ago Iwill be first in line for Celebration Day I will be first in line for the Sensational Shape Shifters cd and like the above said -exactly...preferring to play smaller venues and take a risk is rare indeed....Doesn't anyone agree with me and the above poster and want them to end with the dignity of that great show 5 years ago...look what just happened to the Beach Boys not that there's a comparison but I'd rather not have another Zep fallout.and enjoy this cd/blu ray movie as a "thank u" from all 3/4.. and see what Plant does next which some Zep fans may not be able toget into ...many of us will. The reason Celebration DAY is so special is because it was just THAT-a special event....let it be. Jimmy could find a project if he wanted to and I love the guy's playing -best ever-maybe a cd with jack White and the Edge now that Bono's head is too big for a recording studio...

Finally, the world can witness what so few got to see live!! I caught a video of the show on youtube, I'm sure the audio and video will be much better, but get ready to rock your socks off, I am soooo waiting for the 17th.!! Jason is no Bonzo (is anyone besides the legend himself??), but he's close--it's in the genes, hehehehehe

Plant turned down a $200 million deal to tour with Zeppelin. He probably has a pertinent reason and stop bitching about it.

Wow! Really folks! I am a Zep fan through and through! I'm not "bitching" about anything, let alone a tour with Robert! But like it or not, that's how he comes across. He's a human, NOT a GOD!! Rock god, YES! I explained myself quite clearly in response to anothers post. GET OVER IT!!! You know, 1st amendment thingy?! I know Zep will never tour again. Funny EVERYONE ELSE WANT'S TO!! Robert came across bored at the press conference and that's what I was reacting to. And it's about the fans, not the band. What do I want? I want a release of every Zep concert there ever was that was recorded, bootleg or not. Why? Because you just can't get enough of Led Zeppelin. I saw them in '73. Couldn't get tickets for '77 in NYC, sold out so fast, gee who would have thought! Was all set to buy tickets in 1980 for Philly and Bonzo passed away. Not bitching folks, just saying...

Jeff

Led Zeppelin is one member short of existing ever again for anything but maybe special Jason Fill-ins for a good cause like 07... I wish Bonzo wasn't gone but he is and really the band ceased to be ...releasing everything is an idea I could get with...we know there's soundboard stuff out there and since I don't buy boots I'd like to hear them for the 1st time..i don't think Robert was bored at all and he remembers this show fondly but probably dreads the same ?'s coming up again and again now...Hopefully we can all get along on here and can enjoy Oct 17th and Nov 19th together. I just react because of what has become of other bands..am waiting for the day when The Who really is THE Who-one original member...but evveryone does have a right to an opinion and Sombrero seems cool so...well hope this board co exists...I have terrible expressive skills on boards ...even though I have followed the band for years I often think myself and a lot of people are harsher than they mean to be ...I just have never really taken to the internet...or cell phones....so I don't mean to insult anyone's opinions Maybe its like the words to Stairway I dont know what I meant half the time when I look back at posts in other places...

Why? Why is Zep so...different?! When they didn't want to go on with out Bonzo, I WAS SELFISH! I wanted them to go on! Find someone else! How wrong I was. Every other band out there goes on with another member replaced by someone else. The Who, Van Halen, the list is very very long. But after getting over my selfishness I realized that, yeah, they are special. You don't replace Bonzo with just anybody. The magic was with them, the original band. I have waited for so many years for a release like this. And while "How The West Was Won" took me back to how Zep sounded when I saw them in '73 no video did them any justice, until now. When you see them in concert your critical, it's that easy. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I just stated years of frustration. And frustration telling pretty much everyone how wonderful and awesome seeing them in concert was, but they are not getting what I'm saying because they were not there.

Jeff

I confess Jeff as asenior in HS i wanted them to go on after Bonzo's death too...looking back I know my friends and I were not seeing the whole picture but i get what u are saying completely....and u never know...people may think Plant is not interested in a USA show and that may be so but look at how many alleged "falling outs" he has supposedly had with Jimmy ...yet even if its a press conference they end up on stage together in some form....concerts are mixed blessings ...after McCartney,Stones- I swore off Huge shows..its hot, crowded, tix are a million bux etc...seeing Plant with Alison and with BOJ was a unique experience I dont think even the BOJ Blu Ray captures. Theres something to be said for playing for 3500 people in an intimate venue. It may not be 72 LZ kind of magic but it definitely was nice to SEE the band and their actual expressions up close. Maybe at 49 I am just plain old... finally.

Robert is selfish to say the least. Whenever a popular band breaks up it's for, as the press release states, "for artistic differences". BS! They forgot where they came from, NOTHING! I know, Zep disbanded because of Bonham's death. Led Zeppelin MADE Robert Plant.

Wow! Really folks! I am a Zep fan through and through! I'm not "bitching" about anything, let alone a tour with Robert!

Just sayin'... :whistling:

Just sayin'... :whistling:

You didn't say anything..just saying... And I will stand by what I said. This is not only "bitching" as some of you call it about a current tour but ALL the rumors since they disbanded in the 80's of this tour or that tour, XYZ, the band, Alan White from Yes as the new drummer, The Firm (saw them), Robert Plant solo (saw him twice) etc, etc..This is 32 years of frustration talking. Still, I'm not bitching, I'm expressing myself on this forum to other Zep fans. All we have heard for years is Robert refusing to get back with Led Zeppelin for whatever reason, denying the fans of what they want. So, if Robert is so fedup with Zep, why does he play Zep songs on tour?

Jeff

Archived