Led Zep O2 Memories.......

The editor at UnlimitedClassicRock.com wanted to run the Review (and Photos) I did hours after I attended the Led Zeppelin O2 performance in London in December 2007. I wrote this hours after the show back at the hotel in the wee hours of December 11, 2007, and it was read on the air twice during the morning drive time show on the local Houston classic rock station for everyone that was wondering what went down the night before in London...

5 years later - here is my story and a "re-visit" to that amazing night! - Enjoy.....!

http://ultimateclass...-review-photos/

In-My-Time-Of-Dying1-1024x706.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The editor at UnlimitedClassicRock.com wanted to run the Review (and Photos) I did hours after I attended the Led Zeppelin O2 performance in London in December 2007. I wrote this hours after the show back at the hotel in the wee hours of December 11, 2007, and it was read on the air twice during the morning drive time show on the local Houston classic rock station for everyone that was wondering what went down the night before in London...

5 years later - here is my story and a "re-visit" to that amazing night! - Enjoy.....!

Great photo there Mark. Led Zeppelin At Work

That might be the most important photo that has ever been taken in rock music.

I agree. Fantastic photo.

Absolutely! That picture really portrays the band perfectly from that evening! I really loved in the early portion of that song when Robert and Jimmy were close to each other playing off on another with that blue lights streaming down on them!

Great work, as always, Mark!

:peace:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have never actually met in person anyone who was the 02 gig, and have never seen anyone who was there discuss the O2 gig on video. I would love for a chance to sit down with someone, anyone over dinner and ask them a million questions about what has become known as that special night.

Quite a bit of it is a blur in my memory at this stage, but a few things stick vividly in my mind:

- The nervousness going up to collect the tickets from the box office. I had a terrible fear they were going to laugh at me and tell me my booking reference was fake!

- The montage and the start of Good Times, Bad Times - we actually thought there was another support act on before Zep, and were quite shocked when they actually hit the stage

- One crazy guy in a stairwell in front of our seats, who danced from the first note to the last. Never stopped for one second, i dont think.

- Kashmir. Spine tingling

- The hotel afterwards. We were staying at a hotel about ten mins away on the underground -walked into reception afterwards and they had the 2003 DVD playing - I distinctly remember The Ocean being on when we walked in. Had a couple of drinks there with some folks and headed to bed soon after.

It was a truly special evening, and one that will live with me forever!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

- One crazy guy in a stairwell in front of our seats, who danced from the first note to the last. Never stopped for one second, i dont think.

Yeah, I remember this geezer as well, a one of a kind one man show................they should have put some footage of him on the DVD.

Archived