BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

2 hours ago, ebk said:

If it's Sunday, it must be pancakes! 

Envious! :wub:

Red beans and rice, coming right up.  

IMG_5455.JPG

...tomorrow. 

Today, I'm cooking chicken and rice. It is a simple dish, and one of my family's favorites. 

Hmmm, rice two days in a row.  So be it. ;) 

4 hours ago, ebk said:

If it's Sunday, it must be pancakes! 

A good motto to live by.

Another one I have is "If it's raining, it must be time for soup". Luckily, I had some spare lentils and split peas left in the cupboard and a hambone in the freezer leftover from Christmas. So it's soup-making time.

Tonight, for our first meal in New Orleans, we went to Galatoire's.  I had a salad of bibb lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus and hearts of palm tossed in a lovely mustard vinaigrette.  Then chicken clenenceau - mushrooms, peas, garlic and potatoes.  All enjoyed with a lovely bottle of Rhone red blend.  Dessert was mocha pana cotta with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.  

This is where I usually say I'll never eat again.  But really, I'm in New Orleans.  That's what you do!

Tomorrow is dinner at an Emeril restaurant - NOLA.  My boss's boss recommended it, so we figured we'd give it a shot.

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Tonight, for our first meal in New Orleans, we went to Galatoire's.  I had a salad of bibb lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus and hearts of palm tossed in a lovely mustard vinaigrette.  Then chicken clenenceau - mushrooms, peas, garlic and potatoes.  All enjoyed with a lovely bottle of Rhone red blend.  Dessert was mocha pana cotta with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.  

This is where I usually say I'll never eat again.  But really, I'm in New Orleans.  That's what you do!

Tomorrow is dinner at an Emeril restaurant - NOLA.  My boss's boss recommended it, so we figured we'd give it a shot.

Galatoire's is a lovely place to start, ebk!  I love that while the dishes they serve are not extravagant, they are high quality and allow you to enjoy the fresh ingredients without camouflaging the taste with a ton of  extra sauces and fanfare.  And the lively atmosphere provides a true New Orleans experience.  

I have not been to Emeril's NOLA, but anything with his name attached is sure to be fantastic! 

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

Holy crap... there's sooooooo much food in this city :D 

I will seriously never eat again.  Seriously.  

Well, except Tuesday when I have to go to a work dinner.  And Sunday when we are having people over for the football game.  And... ;)

12 hours ago, ebk said:

Holy crap... there's sooooooo much food in this city :D 

I will seriously never eat again.  Seriously.  

Well, except Tuesday when I have to go to a work dinner.  And Sunday when we are having people over for the football game.  And... ;)

Wine Esther? wine?

Saturday evening dinner and I am doing a classic.

A selection of cold cuts from Spain. Iberico Ham , Chorizo and a few slices of Manchego cheese. Served with a 2014 Omahu Chardonnay from New Zealand

Sirloin Steak. Cooked medium with a Pink Peppercorn Sauce. Parmentier Potatoes. A Clocktower 2015 Pinot Noir from New Zealand

Cheese Board. A matured Cheddar, A soft English Blue and some English Brie. A Vintage White Port from Portugal and maybe a glass of Orange Muscat from California.

A joint or two of some herbs 

On 2/4/2017 at 0:59 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Wine Esther? wine?

There will always be wine cp...always! :)

Tonight for the game, there will be chili and cornbread, chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, possibly some fruit (although lord knows, we don't want anything healthy!) and dessert.  

And yes, wine.  Several bottles!

Started already with cheese, crackers and salami, hot and spicy wings, buffalo chicken dip and Fritos.  Cranberry and vodka is flowing, with the windows all open on a gorgeous Florida February Sunday afternoon.

I'll post dinner later...