BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Half 'n' half Po'boy...half fried oysters, half New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, gruyere cheese, bacon, remoulade sauce, red onions, butter pickles. A bag of Zapp's Jalapeno chips. And a tasty Bundaberg peach drink from Australia.

20170305_145117.jpg

On 06/03/2017 at 10:35 PM, Strider said:

Half 'n' half Po'boy...half fried oysters, half New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, gruyere cheese, bacon, remoulade sauce, red onions, butter pickles. A bag of Zapp's Jalapeno chips. And a tasty Bundaberg peach drink from Australia.

20170305_145117.jpg

Bundaberg, an area of Queensland, Australia, also produces a very gingery ginger beer. Although I would clean your "Pearlie Whites" afterwards, as this fiery beverage contains vast quantities of sugar - it is tasty though on a hot day

Lunch today I have had a chicken salad with slaw on the side and a french dressing. A mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^ How do you imbibe the hash?

Dixie-fried game hen with lemon-almond waffles and Speen's spiked syrup. Beignets and chicory coffee.

20170312_111850.jpg

I mix it with a cigarette. I crumble a bit in a bowl, mix and make a joint with it. It is the only way to be honest. Hashish can't be smoked neat - it's far too harsh. I could, i suppose make cookies but I don't like to have it that way. You never know how strong the cookies are. I have seen many people have a bad time, especially in Amsterdam, eating a cookie and regretting it an hour or so later. I also don't like to smoke neat grass either. It's standard for Europeans to make joints this way.

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I also don't like to smoke neat grass either. It's standard for Europeans to make joints this way.

Ain't that the truth. The first thing I had to get used to over there was Fritz or Nigel handing me a joint polluted with cigarette tobacco mixed in with the good green grass. Not being a regular cigarette smoker, it always caught me off-guard.

I grew up rolling 100% marijuana numbers. Or it would be smoked from a bong or waterpipe...or a coke can if no pipe or papers were around. Same with the hash. But however it was smoked, we always smoked it pure with no adulteration from tobacco or some other substance.

Until I got to Europe. I still shudder (and my lungs ache) at the thought.

Italian food tonight at Da Sesto, a lovely little place we discovered here in St Pete a few years ago.  I love finding small places in strip malls that serve really good, home-cooked-tasting food.  

I'll try to remember to let you know what I ate later.  Unless I eat so much that all you get is "I'll never eat again" ;)  I need to trademark that phrase.

16 hours ago, ebk said:

Italian food tonight at Da Sesto, a lovely little place we discovered here in St Pete a few years ago.  I love finding small places in strip malls that serve really good, home-cooked-tasting food.  

I'll try to remember to let you know what I ate later.  Unless I eat so much that all you get is "I'll never eat again" ;)  I need to trademark that phrase.

:D

I really didn't want to eat again after last night's dinner.  However, today is a fresh start! :D

I had smelts over polenta with carmelized onions and pine nuts as an app.  Then the osso bucco over mushroom risotto.  It was stunning!  The bread, with pesto oil and sundried tomato oil for dipping was incredible.  Mr ebk had cheesecake for dessert.  I couldn't even take a bite I was so full.  

The wine of the evening was Montepulciano/Sangiovese blend - delightful.

The guitar player was so amazing - not in skill, but in the eclectic set he played.  I was so amused at some of the stuff he was doing and no one in the place seemed to notice.  

Tonight, it's Z-Grille, another of our favorites here.  Report later or tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

As no one else can be bothered.............

Rump Steak

Peppercorn sauce

Hand cooked chips

Asparagus

Yummy !!!

And what are you drinking??  That's important!

Mr ebk is making chili for tonight.  Opening night of  baseball!!! 

Just now, ebk said:

And what are you drinking??  That's important!

Mr ebk is making chili for tonight.  Opening night of  baseball!!! 

Mrs CP has a cheeky White Rioja and myself a Bodegas Navarjas Red Rioja. We are just going to have a glass outside as it's a beautiful evening. Enjoy your chilli and the game Esther

1 minute ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP has a cheeky White Rioja and myself a Bodegas Navarjas Red Rioja. We are just going to have a glass outside as it's a beautiful evening. Enjoy your chilli and the game Esther

And you and Mrs CP enjoy the lovely evening with wine!  Cheers!!

Pre-game lunch - Szechuan Beef sandwich: tamari marinated flank steak on a roll with red peppers, Asian slaw, Thai peanut sauce and peanuts.  And chips (or crisps as my friends in the UK call them).  We had a lemon bar in strawberry sauce with vanilla ice cream for dessert.  I enjoyed a Brewers Art Resurrection Ale with lunch.  Yummy!

Game turned out pretty well, too!