BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

No. I cannot seem to eat a single pack. It has to be the lot. I have no chocolate or toffees though. I am a fussy eater. Keep to minimal amounts of things. Except when i have crisps. I have stayed slim. At 40 that cannot be bad.

2 hours ago, craigled said:

No. I cannot seem to eat a single pack. It has to be the lot. I have no chocolate or toffees though. I am a fussy eater. Keep to minimal amounts of things. Except when i have crisps. I have stayed slim. At 40 that cannot be bad.

I can't have anything like it in the house or in the hotel room around me because I would end up not being able to say "enough" and just eat it all

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Italian meatballs in a pepper and red onion sauce and spaghetti.

More importantly can anyone stateside furnish me with a recipe for southern fried Chicken for Masters weekend? Slaw and dips optional but i want to do this Sunday

I always buy my fried chicken hot and ready to eat.  Sorry I can't help with a recipe.  I'm actually having some fried chicken tenders tonight while watching the opening round. Worn out after a busy week.  Junior had braces put on today, so just some mac and cheese and apple sauce for him tonight.  It's a bit more windy up in Augusta than down here.  

8 hours ago, Walter said:

I always buy my fried chicken hot and ready to eat.  Sorry I can't help with a recipe.  I'm actually having some fried chicken tenders tonight while watching the opening round. Worn out after a busy week.  Junior had braces put on today, so just some mac and cheese and apple sauce for him tonight.  It's a bit more windy up in Augusta than down here.  

Thanks Chuck. As you know I live way out in the country and do not have access to a Fried Chicken place. Mrs CP is going into town on Sunday so she said she would score some and I'll do dips, slaw and fries. Looked pretty tricky conditions yesterday. Wind - golfers enemy, especially there I would imagine. Forecast looks better for the 3 days so looking forward to the weekend. 

It's going to be gorgeous here, so weather shouldn't be an issue there.  About 5 hours north of us by car.  We have a soccer game to attend during the final round, so I'll be watching on the dvr.  No special meal planned this year.  

To welcome the Easter weekend I have prepared a ring burner Beef Shaktora. A Bangladeshi spicy affair it is made with a fruit which is hard to get unless I go to the City. So I add a red Grapefruit. It is a sublime dish which benefits from the hit of sourness that the fruit adds. I serve it with breads.

Chocolate Ice Cream with fresh Raspberries and Kiwi ( not my sub continent chum) for afters.

Plenty of wine and herbs as we can have a lie in tomorrow

Just finished some leftover spaghetti.  I'm enjoying a beer right now.

cp, I marvel at your meals.  I can't imagine cooking that all the time here.  Ha - what am I talking about - if Mr ebk doesn't cook, we don't eat :) .  And while he's quite good at what he does cook, it's not what you cook.  Your house is like a fabulous restaurant! 

16 hours ago, ebk said:

Just finished some leftover spaghetti.  I'm enjoying a beer right now.

cp, I marvel at your meals.  I can't imagine cooking that all the time here.  Ha - what am I talking about - if Mr ebk doesn't cook, we don't eat :) .  And while he's quite good at what he does cook, it's not what you cook.  Your house is like a fabulous restaurant! 

Thanks Esther. I love to cook, I find it relaxing and if you do it from fresh ingredients then you know exactly what you are putting inside your body. I make everything from scratch  - unless it's really impractical.

Tonight at Restaurant CP is Ocean Prowler evening :

To start: Fresh Dressed Cornish Crab. A Marie Rose dressing on Wild Rocket

Beautiful Hake Steaks with a Dill, White Wine Cream sauce. New season English Asparagus , Baby New Potatoes

Strawberry Tartlets and Cream

Wines of course. A New Zealand Sauvignion Blanc, White and Red Rioja. Green

There is cheese and a Muscat if I don't burst.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:17 AM, chillumpuffer said:

As no one else can be bothered.............

Sorry. Just that I have been so busy lately I haven't had much time for cooking or eating out. My diet hasn't strayed much from the Charles White cookbook. Living on cereal (granola mostly), fish tacos and salad.

But there have been a few spectacular moments...

A "Jaws Burger" at Pink's...burger, grilled spicy polish sausage, pastrami, chili, cheese, onions. Man oh man.

20170324_001607.jpg

A spaghetti burger...half-pound ground sirloin grilled medium-rare on garlic-cheese sourdough bread, and topped with spaghetti and marinara sauce. Go ahead and laugh. It was damn tasty.

20170325_013430.jpg

Last night had some beef ribs and hot links bbq. Baked beans, mac 'n' cheese, creamy cole slaw, cornbread on the side.

20170413_200504-11.jpg

20170413_200841.jpg

My SIL is here from Australia!  We went for Cuban food tonight.  I had the usual :)  She had the picadillo - ground beef with olives and raisins.  And we had dessert!  The best flan I've ever had.  My sister and I have never gotten dessert before...that will change!!

There was also a bottle of Carmenere.  Yummmmm

For our family and friends Easter dinner tonight, I made a prime rib roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean w/ fried onion casserole, and French bread rolls.  For dessert Mrs Walter made a delicious strawberry cake.  

Dinner this evening:

Pan fried squid rings and King Prawns in a butter, garlic and lemon dressing. Crusty bread

Seared Hake filet, Jersey New Potatoes, Asparagus Spears. Cream dill sauce

Cheeses and quince jelly, White Port

Wines from Spain. As it's May day tomorrow and it's a Workers holiday there will be green:D

I first read that as New Jersey Potatoes and wondered what the heck those were. :)

As usual, looks like a fine meal.  I have no idea what I'm going to eat today.  When Mr ebk is working, I'm on my own...which often means soup.  

16 hours ago, ebk said:

I first read that as New Jersey Potatoes and wondered what the heck those were. :)

As usual, looks like a fine meal.  I have no idea what I'm going to eat today.  When Mr ebk is working, I'm on my own...which often means soup.  

Esther

Jersey is part of the Channel Islands in the south of the UK. Famous of course for Zeppelin doing an impromptu show back in 1976 when Plant was in a wheelchair

I worked there on and off for a few years and it is beautiful. They grow the best new potatoes known to man. Like the British Asparagus, these delightful kidney shaped moorish spuds are only available from around April to June. I don't know anyone who doesn't like them. You hardly need to scrape the skin and drizzled in butter and maybe a spot of mint they are historic. Weirdly enough, rumour has it these potatoes will grow nowhere else but Jersey.

We are playing golf today so a full English is on the cards for Brekkie

16 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Esther

Jersey is part of the Channel Islands in the south of the UK. Famous of course for Zeppelin doing an impromptu show back in 1976 when Plant was in a wheelchair

I worked there on and off for a few years and it is beautiful. They grow the best new potatoes known to man. Like the British Asparagus, these delightful kidney shaped moorish spuds are only available from around April to June. I don't know anyone who doesn't like them. You hardly need to scrape the skin and drizzled in butter and maybe a spot of mint they are historic. Weirdly enough, rumour has it these potatoes will grow nowhere else but Jersey.

We are playing golf today so a full English is on the cards for Brekkie

I love potatoes!!  

I do have to say I know that Jersey is somewhere in your lovely country.  What I read instead of Jersey new potatoes was "New Jersey" potatoes...like the state of New Jersey here in the US.  New Jersey, home of Tony Soprano and his ilk.  New Jersey, with a terrible reputation for any sort of nature.  And I wondered why anyone would be eating potatoes from New Jersey :)

Actually, there are many lovely parts of NJ.  Or so I've heard... ;) I usually drive through as quickly as possible to get to NYC! 

We're having spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner.  Yum.