BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Bliss. Welcome to the foodie section :cheer:

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

We had a very delicious roasted trout today and an Obstler (Schnapps) for dessert. Cheers.

15_60_6698.jpg

Is that Custard that the rolls are swimming in Led?

Dinner this evening is Scampi, Salad and New Potatoes from the garden. A side of slaw and sweet beets. Sauvignon Blanc for Mrs CP and a red Douro for me. A relaxing fat joint of my green to set the munchies in motion. 

Yes, it is Custard, CP.

You're dinner sounds great, too. I like sweet beets very much.

We are going to open a bottle of the Grüner Veltliner white wine this evening. I think we will take some bottles of this very good wine with us, when our vacation ends on Saturday.

Cheers :drinks:

I am liking you Led:D Still in Italy i take it?

Dinner this evening: Crusty stick. Olive oil and balsamic dip.

Spaghetti Carbonara. Proper. 2 eggs and 1 yolk. Pecorino cheese. Pancetta. No cream, no garlic.

A large bowl of fresh English Strawberries and Greek yogurt

Spanish Torres White for Mrs CP. A Red Rioja for me

Thank you so much for the nice words, CP. I like this thread very much.

Carbonara is one of my favorite dishes - and no aficionado uses cream for it ;)

No wine this evening - I had a big Bavarian beer this afternoon.

Have a nice evening

Dry Coconut Lamb.

This wonderful curry - well sort of curry, has toasted coconut added at the end. The curry is thick and flavoursome and goes great with Roti. Mrs CP is at a garden party until later so I will put some tunes on and enjoy a glass and a smoke so will be ravenous when she gets in.

edit: Album of choice: Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus"

Edited by chillumpuffer

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

5968d61208539_IMG_03779868.JPG.c43f9e89af3f72d306513cf90c46e6dd.JPG

Something I make every Friday. This hand made crusty cob will give us enough until Monday. The house smells amazing. I really have to stop myself from a good wedge with butter

The bread looks wonderful. The smell of freshly baked bread is irresistible.

Our last dinner in South Tyrol and they were running out of my favorite meal, Schlutzkrapfen (some kind of Ravioli, but extremly delicious).
The Wiener Schnitzel was ok. The Aperol Spritz brightend up my mood, the Affogato was fine. I tasted a local pine liqueur, but this is not going to be my favorite digestif.

Arrivederci Italia

Schlutzkrapfen (I'm not sure if the photo shows, how delicious this meal is):

19_20170626_184820.jpg

Edited by LedZed66

Waiting out a storm before I can go home. Dropped into the nearby mall for a glass of rose and a braised short rib and Cheddar Flatbread. And it's still raining. Sigh ...

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Walter said:

Or if you're Paul, at least once a week - sober! :lol: 

:hysterical: Once??

Dinner at the golf club this evening. Presidents day and I blew it !! Dropped only 3 shots on the front nine and had a stinker of the back. Net 73. Mrs CP had a net 72 so is well placed for the Ladies prize. 

I am having lamb and Mrs CP a steak and kidney Pudding. Cheese for afters and a bottle of red to drown my sorrows. On return home a stout fat one of green. 

Ate at Fat Canary in Williamsburg, VA tonight.  Started with a cream of onion soup topped with a variety of mushrooms.  Delicious!!  Entree was Guinea Fowl with Parmesan Gnocchi, Garlic Rapini and Charred Tomato.  Dessert was Parmesan ice cream with figs and a port wine reduction.  And there may have been a couple of glasses of a rose from Provence.

A fabulous meal!!!  And, I'll never eat again.

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Ate at Fat Canary in Williamsburg, VA tonight.  Started with a cream of onion soup topped with a variety of mushrooms.  Delicious!!  Entree was Guinea Fowl with Parmesan Gnocchi, Garlic Rapini and Charred Tomato.  Dessert was Parmesan ice cream with figs and a port wine reduction.  And there may have been a couple of glasses of a rose from Provence.

A fabulous meal!!!  And, I'll never eat again.

Delicious as ever Est. Guinea Fowl is a fav of ours. Bit of a cross between a Turkey and a Chicken. Noisy blighters too. They make excellent alarm birds.

Breakkie this damp, grey morning is a dippy egg and soldiers. OJ

Curry evening this evening. I have on the table:

Duck spring rolls to start with a sweet Chilli dip

Chicken Korma. Rich and creamy and have added a few green chillies for a spicy hit.

Dry Coconut Lamb. A wonderful rich lamb dish

Chapattis and Nan breads to mop up.

Coconut Ice Cream and fresh Raspberries

There will be a New Zealand Sauvignion Blanc for Mrs CP and a Rioja for me. 

What I like to call the Charles J. White Nightmare Breakfast. 4 eggs. 4 bacons. 5 different sausages. Hash brown potatoes. Sourdough toast. All piled on top of an 18" pancake and served on a large pizza pan. Juice, coffee, and water to wash it down.

20170810_090927.thumb.jpg.b778eeb12457d97b61f2ee681f9cc8bd.jpg20170810_091001.thumb.jpg.b8c98d23225f7e1303d88fa0d9eabd5b.jpg

8 hours ago, ebk said:

Good grief Sean - is that a one-person meal?  

You could feed four people easily with it. But if one person does manage to eat one then they get the next meal free.

BBQ for dinner tonight. L.A. has tons of Texas BBQ, Korean BBQ, Thai BBQ, Memphis BBQ, Kansas City BBQ, even Jamaican BBQ. Now there is a Mississippi BBQ joint.

20170811_160057.thumb.jpg.07b01609e30e8dce39050c75466187b5.jpg

On 12/08/2017 at 8:13 PM, Strider said:

What I like to call the Charles J. White Nightmare Breakfast. 4 eggs. 4 bacons. 5 different sausages. Hash brown potatoes. Sourdough toast. All piled on top of an 18" pancake and served on a large pizza pan. Juice, coffee, and water to wash it down.

20170810_090927.thumb.jpg.b778eeb12457d97b61f2ee681f9cc8bd.jpg20170810_091001.thumb.jpg.b8c98d23225f7e1303d88fa0d9eabd5b.jpg

I feel nauseous.

And how much does that heart attack on a plate cost?

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thai Red Curry Pork and Rice for dinner this evening. No wine or green as we are having a dry week:o

Good grief cp - are you two okay?? ;)

Dinner last night was at Osteria Morini near Nats Park.  We had sopressata, smoked trout, and gorgonzola dolce for the antipasti.  I had the pappardelle with duck ragu.  And we had a bottle (or 2) of Montepulciano di Conero 'Piancarda' | Garofoli 2014.

I can't possibly have a dry anything at the moment because it's my birthday month!!  I will be truly old later this week, so I'm gonna live it up.  Because...why not!:drinks: