BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Since the last thread was purged, I am resurrecting it for all of us 'foodies'. Post a description and/or photo of what you are eating now or what was your most recent meal.

Since breakfast kicks off the day, I'll begin this thread with my breakfast that I'm about to tuck into: eggs sunny side up, bacon, French toast, orange juice.

post-1470-0-39661700-1347897624_thumb.jp

Since the last thread was purged, I am resurrecting it for all of us 'foodies'. Post a description and/or photo of what you are eating now or what was your most recent meal.

Since breakfast kicks off the day, I'll begin this thread with my breakfast that I'm about to tuck into: eggs sunny side up, bacon, French toast, orange juice.

That is near-perfection.

I'm more of an over-medium kinda guy, but sunny-side up works.

Huge fan of nice thick french toast.

Especially if I can splurge and buy real maple syrup - even though it's about $7 for a small bottle.

The bacon is a given, no further comment necessary.

Well-played, sir.

Especially in light of the over-cooked chicken filet biscuit with cheese I ordered from Popeye's this morning.

Very disappointing waste of $2.99.

Strider... :drool: ! Believe me or not, I've never had such a breakfast in my life! You know, in Italy or other Mediterranean countries they always eat "sweet food" (so cakes, marmalade, croissant, cereals, but hardly ever eggs, bacon or suchlikes)! Enjoy it for me!!

Anyway, just finished having "Tea time", which is a cup of hot tea and two slices of bread and blueberries marmalade...not too filling, because I'm now going to swim...

^^^

As someone who has spent years in Europe, traveling around, I totally believe you, Julia. Breakfast almost became a rumour during my time in Europe. Café au lait or espresso and a croissant was usually the standard fare. In Germany, all my german friends turned me on to Nutella on toast; it seemed to be a national obsession. One german friend I had started every day with a bier grabbed from the crates of bier stacked in his bedroom...just drank it room temperature.

It was only in the UK that I found breakfast as I remembered from the States: eggs, sausages or bacon, toast. The main difference was that instead of hash browns or cottage potatoes, the Brits would serve a side of Heinz baked beans and/ or tomatoes on the side.

Oh, and it was hard in the 80s to get a good cup of coffee. It's only in the last 10-15 years that good coffee has made inroads in the tea-mad UK.

TypeO: I definitely had some real Vermont Maple syrup for my french toast...heated, too.

Edited by Strider

You got some kind of problem with Fruit Loops, Rick? It's a complete and balanced breakfast. :P

:hysterical: Yep. All the major colour groups are represented!

For dinner tonight I had garlic-crusted lamb kabobs, saffron rice and a greek salad. No mint jelly. I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't like mint with my lamb.

Edited by Strider

Sometimes simple is best...a bowl of strawberries and oranges for breakfast:

Well said, Strider! Maybe it was my talk about breakfast the other day that made you change "style"? :) I wasn't actually referring to the American breakfast as an unhealthy meal... Basically, nutritionists say that it has to be the most abundant meal of the day!

Anyway, I just finished a slice of home-made (by my mother) courgette pie with cheese (mozzarella, italian fresh cheese)... One of her "Bests"!