BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

A plump, juicy chubby roaster for Sunday dinner. Roast 'tatties and 2 bunches of Britneys. A reduction from the juices to satisfy Mrs CP who loves a good gravy. Me? I am a Horseradish sauce man. A firm but rather silky smooth Rioja for me and a tight as a nuns crotch Sauvignion Blanc for the gravy lover.

I do believe there is a morsel of cheese somewhere in the Smeg to satisfy the munchies later on

12 hours ago, craigled said:

First day back eating properly(after a sickness bug). Back to one of my usuals, Chips and dinosaurs. Hope it stays down. Because the little nibbles i have been having have shall we say, Been coming straight out. I feel so weak.

May I suggest you stay away from the greasy fried stuff, and prey tell, exactly what are dinosaurs? An omelette is a good place to start if you have loose bowels. Yogurt too. I eat plain natural yogurt every morning. 

When I had "Delhi Belly" in India the doctor told me a little rice, nothing greasy or spicy, yogurt and eggs and toast. Tea with no milk and plenty of water. Works a treat.

Went to a wonderful Chinese restaurant across from our hotel on our way out of town. Had a pastrami egg roll (yeah, I know, but it was fabulous!), spicy crispy beef and an assortment of dumplings. Can't believe we've never tried it before,  but we'll certainly go back there in August when we next visit. 

Edited by ebk
Because spelling can change the entire meaning of the sentence

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

May I suggest you stay away from the greasy fried stuff, and prey tell, exactly what are dinosaurs? An omelette is a good place to start if you have loose bowels. Yogurt too. I eat plain natural yogurt every morning. 

When I had "Delhi Belly" in India the doctor told me a little rice, nothing greasy or spicy, yogurt and eggs and toast. Tea with no milk and plenty of water. Works a treat.

Dinosaurs are chicken inside. Battered on the outside. Also available in the shape of Jets. My diet is how it is now i am ashamed to say. Not much healthy. And not very varied. I am slim though. That is because i walk everywhere.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Poor Paul. His beloved Popeye's is about to take a turn for the worse.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/21/investing/restaurant-brands-burger-king-popeyes-acquisition/

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is terrible news.  Well, I guess it is.  We'll have to see how it plays out.

Traditional Southern Indian Uttapam with milagai podi (translation: Southern Indian dry chili chutney)! :D 

We had some batter left, so my mom, dad and I got half an extra uttapam each!

A proud moment for me, was when this yummy snack was featured in a Masterclass episode of MasterChef Australia! B) 

IMG_1524.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

59 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Traditional Southern Indian Uttapam with milagai podi (translation: Southern Indian dry chili chutney)! :D 

We had some batter left, so my mom, dad and I got half an extra uttapam each!

A proud moment for me, was when this yummy snack was featured in a Masterclass episode of MasterChef Australia! B) 

IMG_1524.JPG

Looks yum Kiwi. Would love to try that ! Is the chutney hot and sweet?

I made an unbelievably great Chicken Makhani last evening, served with Naan. I made double and took some to a golfing couple we know who are just getting into making Indian food from scratch - well they haven't got round to it yet. I made him a Lamb Rogan Josh last week ( she dosen't eat Lamb) and he loved it. She said she "made" a chicken curry with a low fat bottle sauce and it was horrific.:o so I shared mine. 

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken Liver Pate with Garlic and Mushrooms and light crackers

Rack of Lamb. Garlic and Rosemary Roast Potatoes, Fine Green Beans. Redcurrant reduction

Cheeses: A historic aged mature Cheddar and a French Goats Blue. White Port

Wines: Aussie Chardonnay from South Australia  and New Zealand Pinot from Central Otago

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Looks yum Kiwi. Would love to try that ! Is the chutney hot and sweet?

I made an unbelievably great Chicken Makhani last evening, served with Naan. I made double and took some to a golfing couple we know who are just getting into making Indian food from scratch - well they haven't got round to it yet. I made him a Lamb Rogan Josh last week ( she dosen't eat Lamb) and he loved it. She said she "made" a chicken curry with a low fat bottle sauce and it was horrific.:o so I shared mine. 

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken Liver Pate with Garlic and Mushrooms and light crackers

Rack of Lamb. Garlic and Rosemary Roast Potatoes, Fine Green Beans. Redcurrant reduction

Cheeses: A historic aged mature Cheddar and a French Goats Blue. White Port

Wines: Aussie Chardonnay from South Australia  and New Zealand Pinot from Central Otago

Thanks, CP! It's my mom's recipe through and through! :D 

Well, that chutney is definitely of the hot kind. While Northern India embraces the whole sweet and sour mix into some of their dishes, we Southern Indians firmly believe that there is a fine line between sweet and sour. For one thing, we will never put sugar into curd! Sweet and savoury dishes are separate from each other! Sheesh! :wacko: 

CP, did you take photos of the Chicken Makhani you made last evening? I would love to see it! :D 

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thanks, CP! It's my mom's recipe through and through! :D 

Well, that chutney is definitely of the hot kind. While Northern India embraces the whole sweet and sour mix into some of their dishes, we Southern Indians firmly believe that there is a fine line between sweet and sour. For one thing, we will never put sugar into curd! Sweet and savoury dishes are separate from each other! Sheesh! :wacko: 

CP, did you take photos of the Chicken Makhani you made last evening? I would love to see it! :D 

I didn't kiwi. It's one of Mrs CP's favs, so maybe next time.

A stout brekkie today as we will be out for most of it.

Chatsworth Dry Cured smoked Bacon, Fried Eggs, Mushrooms and Baked Beans. Toast and OJ

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Just had some cherrystone clams and king crab legs for part 1 of our anniversary celebration.  Cranberry and vodka   refreshments and some green, soon. ;) 

part deux tomorrow....

Sea food - our all time favourite, How big are the clams and the King Crab legs? Green too - sounds like a great start. Just picked up some lovely sticky black hash with a gold stamp, Looks and smells wonderful. Happy anniversary to you both:friends:

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sea food - our all time favourite, How big are the clams and the King Crab legs? Green too - sounds like a great start. Just picked up some lovely sticky black hash with a gold stamp, Looks and smells wonderful. Happy anniversary to you both:friends:

Thank you CP!  Our anniversary is actually the 29th of Feb, so we end up celebrating on both the 28th and 1st - typically.  This year we are going out to celebrate Friday night when we can enjoy the evening and not have to get ready for work in the morning.  8:00 reservations at The Palm is this year's destination.

The clams were delish - mid sized, ranging from about 4 to 6 cm.. The crab legs were 4 legs weighing in at 1.5 lbs.  Your hash sounds very nice!  Looking forward to reading your review of it this weekend! ✌?️

I am having an evening off from the Kitchen as Mrs CP takes the pinny. Her signature dish is Seafood Paella and she does it proud. No Chorizo in this wonderful Valencian feast as it should be. Oh shit :o. I forgot to take out of the freezer some chicken thighs for the dish !! 

Whilst the lump over my eye settles down, I will be practising my Origami skills and topping up the glasses as and when. Some brown crab pate on crispbreads to start. 

I have taken a bud from my new grow ( well a month old) to dry and maybe some of the noir will allow the evening to attain a certain relaxed atmosphere.:D

Took my sister out to dinner for her birthday to the Prime Rib in Baltimore.  There's a distinct possibility I may never eat again.

Salad, rack of lamb, gigantic potato chips, creamed spinach.  Then a hot fudge sundae.  All accompanied by a lovely red blend.  

3 hours ago, ebk said:

Took my sister out to dinner for her birthday to the Prime Rib in Baltimore.  There's a distinct possibility I may never eat again.

Salad, rack of lamb, gigantic potato chips, creamed spinach.  Then a hot fudge sundae.  All accompanied by a lovely red blend.  

:D Not again Est?