Led Zeppelin "Celebration Day" video/audio release.

BlackDog71

any ideas when amazon's gonna start shipping all the pre orders? have to figure they'll leave the warehouse at some point this week.....i just know mine hasn't yet left, but here's to hoping it arrives a day or two early.....i've had that happen more than once with new releases purchased through amazon.

To answer the ? of when Amazon will ship...if u are in USA I can help. I have Amazon Prime membership(worth $79 a year free 2 day shipping on everything) and get things on release day U may not see it scanned as shipped and leaving origin til Sunday night and get it Monday...they surprise me everytime like this Things seem to move from their nearest wherehouse during the night/early am. So dont panic if sunday am u still do not see it as shipped...if u paid for release day delievery u WILL get it barring weather complications.

How many people here have already pre-ordered the concert DVD? And which set (since there's so many to choose from) are you ordering? I am beyond excited for this, and can't wait for it to land on my doorstep come November 19th!

I ordered the 'Deluxe Edition 2 CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD' version. I am looking forward to seeing how the show looks in Blu-Ray.

November 19th can't get here fast enough. Well, same with October 17th too. :D

I ordered what you did. Looking forward to it!

I pre-ordered the concert with the bonus (Shepperton rehearsal) footage......really really looking forward to seeing it on the 19th, especially after seeing Kashmir footage ...spectacular!

Five years ago I tried like so many others to get tickets.,,, No luck.... but i am glad Paris Hilton got in (is she a member here).....lol....

When the actual concert took place I was trying to imagine what it must have been like to actually be there. I was eager to see the youtube clips that people put out there (thanks for that effort) and was happy and relieved to see/hear that they must have played pretty great given the audio kinda proved that and the crowd response sealed it.........this movie is like a gift from above....thanks Ahmet and I hope you are proud of what has been accomplished in your name....

I pre-ordered the Deluxe version, but last night I downloaded the audio of Celebration Day, saw it at the movies, but OH WOW, having the sound in my car, and finally able to properly listen to this show, just unreal!!!!!! What a complex concert, listening, and in my head comparing it to Zeppelin shows from the day, and Plant and Page shows, or just solo Plant versions of the songs, but loving what Jason and JPJ brought to it, rounding everything out, and just WOW

So, it's Friday lunchime here. Today, 16th, being our Australian release date (don't ask me why).

Didn't pre-order because shipping would take til Monday and had to duck and and get it NOW. Unfortunately only the 2CD/DVD; DVD/2CD (see explanation later) and Blu-ray/2CD available :( - but I couldn't wait! (Have to get the Shepparton version later, maybe with Blu-ray as I guess I'll get a player at some stage). At A$22.95 for the DVD/2CD is a bargain anyway.

Would you believe I teared up when I saw them all on the stand and when I was handed the package after paying and again when the CD got to to the first chorus of Ramble On in the car on the way back to work (which was the point in the concert that this feeling of "this was so worth the effort" swept over me).

CD goes straight into BOM BOM - BOM BOM of GTBT and I'd started it so loud (vs. the movie) that I nearly jumped out of my skin :D Sounds great.

I'd recommend what I got in the DVD/2CD format, just because the booklet is physically bigger that the 2CD/DVD in its CD sized case.

Got it today in Ireland, and its absolutely brilliant. The album notes from the 4 of them are brilliant, especially Jason's, it shows how much it meant to him. The bonus DVD is good for the collection, the camera angle is very far away (you can hardly make them out) but its great to hear the songs and the variation between the rehearsal and the live performance. Shows how many chances they took in the show itself.

Truly a historic gig and release. I'm so priviledged to have attended the concert, the highlight of my 30-years on planet earth so far. Fantastic stuff :)

Man I pre-ordered this but, I pre-ordered the Deluxe version, today I won the regular edition from my local radio station, for being the 12th caller, and correctly answering Robert Plant's middle name. what sucks, I was on my way to work, so I cant pick it up until Monday, but I won YEAH

I thought I might have received my Blu-ray Music-only order from Amazon today.

But, instead, what happened today, is that Amazon just put through a charge for the pre-order, which was placed, a month ago, on Oct. 19th.

I suppose Amazon will get it shipped out before Thanksgiving, with my receipt of it, next week, most likely.

IF Amazon had the disc in stock to ship, I don't know why they waited until the day of release to charge my card.

In a different order, from Import CDs, they released the Celebration Day CD softpack to ship to me, last week, on Nov. 13th.... :skiing:

If DHL hadn't held the shipment in their Phoenix station for 2 days :Thinking: , I would have probably received the CD set today. Perhaps tomorrow or Wed. for that one.

listen closely to Stairway before the drums kick in, there is an annoying high pitch feedback coming from Plants mic, as this was probably the quietest part of the gig, you can really notice it, don't know how that was missed during the mixing/mastering

listen closely to Stairway before the drums kick in, there is an annoying high pitch feedback coming from Plants mic, as this was probably the quietest part of the gig, you can really notice it, don't know how that was missed during the mixing/mastering

If you listen to the show on a high end system or through headphones you'll notice a high pitched whine that wasn't removed exists on a lot of songs. This is cause by feedback with Roberts mic and monitors as they were both set to super hot so they literally pick up anay sound that's emitted around them. Some songs like no quarter you can tell they went and removed it others not so much. I assume they removed it when mixing / mastering but the vocals as a whole sounded weird without it so they removed it where they could without compromising the vocal....... Least that's the only explanation I can come up with

What I don't understand is on the Blu-Ray audio only release, they've cut out parts of plant speaking in between songs, e.g. the "everybody nicks it" bit before trampled underfoot, yet they've left it in on the video release... How odd. I mean, it's only a few seconds, I don't see why they had to remove it on the audiophile's blu-ray version.

Archived