Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

Reminds me of Maggie's Farm by Bob Dylan; similar theme maybe.

hey hee haw -----Looks like Plants been wearing designer clotheing & sporting a beard ? just read a Q interview,sorry for all these timely truths sincerely didn`t intend to hurt the man, I guess some ones mangement picked up the telly.

The Young Man Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn is an old traditional song. Traditional songs were seldom written down, but rather passed on orally, so you often get several versions of the song. The basic story never changes though. There's a celtic song called Oh The Bonnie Swans, for instance, that made it's way to North America via immigrants, and became entrenched in Appalachian culture. Here, it became known as The Two Sisters or Dreadful Wind And Rain or Oh The Dreadful Wind And Rain (to name just a few variations).

Gallows Pole and In My Time Of Dying are both traditional songs. When I was in my teens, I had an older friend who was a huge Dylan fan. I'll never forget the look on his face when I remarked how cool it was that Dylan covered Zeppelins "In My Time Of Dying". :rolleyes: Hey, I was a teenager....what the hell did I know?

More info about the upcoming tour posted today:

Billboard.com reports that LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will kick off a world tour in support of their acclaimed 2007 album "Raising Sand" with a handful of dates in the U.S. and Europe this spring.

The first leg begins in Louisville, Ky., on April 20 and continues to Knoxville, Tenn., on April 22, Chattanooga, Tenn., on April 23 and Birmingham, Ala., on April 26. The tour's 11-date run in Europe follows in May.

The duo will be joined on stage by producer and musician T Bone Burnett. Tickets for the April U.S. dates go on sale Jan. 25. A longer run of North American shows is planned for June and July, but dates and details have not yet been announced.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss U.S. tour dates:

April 20 - Louisville, KY @ Palace Theatre

April 22 - Knoxville, TN @ Knoxville Civic Coliseum

April 23 - Chattanooga, TN @ Memorial Auditorium

April 26 - Birmingham, AL @ BJCC Arena

Plant and Krauss share the stage performing their own classics as well as songs from their new album, "Raising Sand", in the next all-new episode of "CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss", premiering Monday, February 11 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Plant and Krauss were recently nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" for the song "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)" from "Raising Sand".

Together, Plant and Krauss combine his rock intensity with her angelic grace for a phenomenal episode of "CMT Crossroads". The two music icons perform songs from their new album, including "Please Read the Letter" and "Rich Woman". The pair performed Alison Krauss and UNION STATION's "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn", as well as LED ZEPPELIN classics "Black Dog" and "When the Levee Breaks". The pair also pay homage to THE EVERLY BROTHERS with their version of "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)". Special guest T Bone Burnett, acclaimed songwriter, performer and "Raising Sand" producer, joins in the onstage collaboration.

I am SO happy for Lady H, she won't have to DRIVE forever to see Robert .... :cheer::chickeddance::yay:

Have fun LH!!!!!!

And LOS...Get yer tickets girls!!!

Oh, and as a side piss off, why didn't they include Asheville, North Carolina???????? I mean c'mon. It's right over the friggen hill from Knox.

ROBERT!!!: You SHOULD go there. Anyone cool has been there, and Alison can tell you it is a groovy grassy town. Misty and all.

And of course you must come to the SLC area, who has supported EVERY tour you have been on!!!!!!!!

ps: I :wub: you . :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the setlist, will be exciting to see what arrangments they come up with for the Zep songs. I hope the Raising Sand songs translate well live.

I can totally hear a fiddle playing during Bron YR Aur Stomp.

Thank You HotPlant :D When I seen the tour dates up Friday I had to stare at Knoxville for a moment :lol: I couldn't believe it! I was hoping they would go to Nashville at least and I never thought in a million years they would come to Knoxville. I'm very excited!

I take it that you live in K'ville, is that right Lady Helena? I'm considering flying in from Seattle for that show; my brother & his family live there and I used to attend UT...would be neat to meet you.

I take it that you live in K'ville, is that right Lady Helena? I'm considering flying in from Seattle for that show; my brother & his family live there and I used to attend UT...would be neat to meet you.

Yes I do live in Knoxville, and it would be really neat to meet you as well! :D Maybe we could do a meet up before the show or after or both even ;)

I haven't been to a big concert in years, didn't think ticket prices were worth the headaches. I don't think I can come up with a good reason to avoid RP/AK, I'm going to have to cough up the dough if they do a show in Washington State. Will start a concert savings account now and start stocking up the Xanax!

I haven't been to a big concert in years, didn't think ticket prices were worth the headaches. I don't think I can come up with a good reason to avoid RP/AK, I'm going to have to cough up the dough if they do a show in Washington State. Will start a concert savings account now and start stocking up the Xanax!

Seems relative to the price of a lot of concerts these days, the RP/AK shows are running around 55-65 a ticket, which in my book is pretty reasonable.

Seems relative to the price of a lot of concerts these days, the RP/AK shows are running around 55-65 a ticket, which in my book is pretty reasonable.
Yep, that seems about right......I had a fiend check on the K'ville tix and she said they were like $45.......either way, Allison alone is at least a $35-40 ticket....add Plant and it should go up at least $5-15. :P

Archived