What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Going furniture shopping with my friend who just bought a condo!  Then there may be some wine... :)

Then..... Going to meet my brother and his lovely wife who are arriving this evening from Rome!  Haven't seen him in about 4 years.  Can't wait!!!!

You must be bursting with excitement ebk? I hope they bring some wonderful red with them.

Golf comp today 10.12 tee off. Mrs CP is away with the girls golfing for 2 days so it's a lamb dinner and watching the conclusion to the premier league which I will record and have a glass or two

Edited by chillumpuffer

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

You must be bursting with excitement ebk? I hope they bring some wonderful red with them.

Golf comp today 10.12 tee off. Mrs CP is away with the girls golfing for 2 days so it's a lamb dinner and watching the conclusion to the premier league which I will record and have a glass or two

It will be a great week!  And yes, there's some lovely red, along with some pasta and cheese.  

Enjoy the golf and your alone time! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Went out tonight and met some of my imaginary friends.  A get-together to celebrate out favorite radio personality, Tony Kornheiser.  A few hundred of our closest friends that we'd never met showed up.  A fine time was had by all.

9 hours ago, Ddladner said:

R&R

image.jpeg

Awwww. You deserve it, Dd. Your dog looks enthralled.

13 minutes ago, ebk said:

Went out tonight and met some of my imaginary friends.  A get-together to celebrate out favorite radio personality, Tony Kornheiser.  A few hundred of our closest friends that we'd never met showed up.  A fine time was had by all.

I love Mr. Tony and I love you...maybe next year.

Spent the day reminiscing and crying at my aunt's memorial.

20160625_155920.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No wild plans for the weekend, I'm afraid. 

Somehow, wild weekends have never been and will never ever be, my style. For one thing, they scare the crap out of me and honestly, such encounters leave me feeling mentally drained and confused! :wacko: 

I prefer to attend 'events' like a conference, a lecture (on a subject that is close to my heart), an art gallery or a museum opening, a specific exhibition (or just a random visit to a museum or an art gallery), a documentary screening, a play, etc (you get the idea!). It is much safer and educational. Plus, I love having fun, but in a quiet way! ;) 

Oh and going to a mall for clothes shopping or shoe shopping or a just a long random, boring bloody visit, is not at all my idea of 'fun'!

But, spending hours at a record store, certainly is! 

I don't and I never will understand, the 'cool factor' behind the phrase: 'oh, we're going to the mall, this Saturday!'. My reply: 'OK, and?!'.

Anyway, I am right now, busy getting lost in a book that I am enjoying immensely! :D 

Next Saturday, I will be visiting a gallery nearby, for an exhibition on the works of Kiwi-Brit Political Cartoonist, Sir David Low! Can't wait! :D 

More info on the works of Sir David Low: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Low_(cartoonist)

https://www.theguardian.com/gall/0,,712437,00.html

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

We're in San Francisco for the week!  Today, my friend who lives here is taking us to hang out in Berkeley.  As the week progresses, there will be a couple of baseball games in Oakland, some aimless wandering on my part, and drinking.  There will be drinking.

17 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

No wild plans for the weekend, I'm afraid. 

Somehow, wild weekends have never been and will never ever be, my style. For one thing, they scare the crap out of me and honestly, such encounters leave me feeling mentally drained and confused! :wacko: 

I prefer to attend 'events' like a conference, a lecture (on a subject that is close to my heart), an art gallery or a museum opening, a specific exhibition (or just a random visit to a museum or an art gallery), a documentary screening, a play, etc (you get the idea!). It is much safer and educational. Plus, I love having fun, but in a quiet way! ;) 

Oh and going to a mall for clothes shopping or shoe shopping or a just a long random, boring bloody visit, is not at all my idea of 'fun'!

But, spending hours at a record store, certainly is! 

I don't and I never will understand, the 'cool factor' behind the phrase: 'oh, we're going to the mall, this Saturday!'. My reply: 'OK, and?!'.

Anyway, I am right now, busy getting lost in a book that I am enjoying immensely! :D 

Next Saturday, I will be visiting a gallery nearby, for an exhibition on the works of Kiwi-Brit Political Cartoonist, Sir David Low! Can't wait! :D 

More info on the works of Sir David Low: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Low_(cartoonist)

https://www.theguardian.com/gall/0,,712437,00.html

We might be brothers from a different mother because you just described me perfectly! Although I'm known to lurk on mountains and water!

Went to 90 min of hot birkam yoga this morning with the wife and I believe I almost died. Holy shit that was hard. I have done yoga in the past but never hot, and the room was jammed so it was about 100 and humid as hell. I gained some serious respect for the missus today.

Bonus: After a quick nap the wife let me in for a quick garden...think I will be going to yoga more often if this is the result!

Now, just listening to Doors rarities, Orange County Suite & The Woman is a Devil. The two best Doors tunes most people have never heard.

Night everyone...

11 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

We might be brothers from a different mother because you just described me perfectly! Although I'm known to lurk on mountains and water!

That's so nice to know, Charles! I'm honoured! :gimmefive: I've been this way practically my whole life (yes, even as a teenager and during my college years). The wildest thing I've ever done as a teenager, was go to a family pub at age 16 on a Friday night. I had a root beer with a couple of friends and we all beat our curfews by an hour! :lol: I was asked quite a few times by acquaintances : Are you sure that you are a teenager? You seem like such an old soul! :lol: 

In college, well, after exams, I always used to have a pint or two with a few close friends and then I used to be home by around 10 PM and tuck myself into bed, with a good book! It became a tradition. No kegs. No loud music. No wild parties. My motto is and always will be: Just stay out of trouble. You never know what's going to happen. Sacrificing your sanity and peace of mind for a wild night out, is not worth it. I do however, like going to concerts, but at more intimate venues and I do prefer it if I could get back home at a decent time!

I also love sight seeing and exploring new places. Be it a park nearby or an entire island! A few years ago, my mom and I took a trip to a picturesque island called Rangitoto (situated in the Hauraki Gulf), via ferry. It is a scenic reserve, situated well outside city limits. Although, we and the other tourists were given just an hour and 45 minutes to walk around and explore the island, it was such a blissful experience! Like you, I too have an appreciation for nature! I am a typical INFJ personality and I need some time with nature and of course, some quiet time or my mind will just explode. :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That's so nice to know, Charles! I'm honoured! :gimmefive: I've been this way practically my whole life (yes, even as a teenager and during my college years). The wildest thing I've ever done as a teenager, was go to a family pub at age 16 on a Friday night. I had a root beer with a couple of friends and we all beat our curfews by an hour! :lol: I was asked quite a few times by acquaintances : Are you sure that you are a teenager? You seem like such an old soul! :lol: 

In college, well, after exams, I always used to have a pint or two with a few close friends and then I used to be home by around 10 PM and tuck myself into bed, with a good book! It became a tradition. No kegs. No loud music. No wild parties. My motto is and always will be: Just stay out of trouble. You never know what's going to happen. Sacrificing your sanity and peace of mind for a wild night out, is not worth it. I do however, like going to concerts, but at more intimate venues and I do prefer it if I could get back home at a decent time!

I also love sight seeing and exploring new places. Be it a park nearby or an entire island! A few years ago, my mom and I took a trip to a picturesque island called Rangitoto (situated in the Hauraki Gulf), via ferry. It is a scenic reserve, situated well outside city limits. Although, we and the other tourists were given just an hour and 45 minutes to walk around and explore the island, it was such a blissful experience! Like you, I too have an appreciation for nature! I am a typical INFJ personality and I need some time with nature and of course, some quiet time or my mind will just explode. :) 

Wow, here is an area where we are polar opposites, P! My teenage years were crazy, at the risk of sounding melodramatic, sometimes I shake my head and and wonder how I made it though! (Lots of kegs, loud music, and wild parties, to put it mildly) To put a positive spin on it, I suppose that I got it all out of my system and am more content these days. :)

14 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That's how I am today, not in my teens and 20's - that was a much different story. I actually followed a rock band around Canada with an older cousin of mine, later as an older teen and early 20's, woke up in strange beds naked wondering how it happened, and woke up once in a park shivering at 8AM, slept in a ditch on the side of the Trans-Canada highway in Manitoba/Sask, rescued someone from in a sinking car that had slid off a road and into some ice (long story, but I was playing pond hockey on a lake at the time) and a few other odd things. 

^^^Interesting discussion. Myself...I guess you could say I am all over the map. I don't fit into one category. There are weekends where I have a zillion things on my schedule...art opening, concert, a hike, a pub crawl, another concert, dinner, drinks and a movie. And I enjoy it all and wouldn't miss a thing. Then, there are those times when I shut the world out and do not want any human contact...just a bottle of wine and a good book or some music. Or a nice walk to a secluded spot away from civilization where it is just me and Mother Nature.

Or even in my extreme introverted moments, where I just want silence. Nothing. No noise. No sign of the outside world. Just me and my thoughts and the dark. I can be perfectly happy in those moments as well as when I am at a concert.