What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

14 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Wow, here is an area where we are polar opposites, P! My teenage years were crazy, at the risk of sounding melodramatic, sometimes I shake my head and and wonder how I made it though! (Lots of kegs, loud music, and wild parties, to put it mildly) To put a positive spin on it, I suppose that I got it all out of my system and am more content these days. :)

I guess that's why we get along really well Morgan, because we are polar opposites! ;) 

If I am going out somewhere, my idea of a fun night out includes a stand up comedy show, a play, a poetry reading, an exhibition at a museum or an art gallery (I can be very picky though, as I wouldn't be able to stomach modern abstract art :P ), a movie or a documentary screening or a concert (hopefully in a more intimate setting - anything from classical music to blues rock, as long as my favourite band / artist / orchestra is on the bill :D ) or just trying out a new pub / restaurant that catches my fancy. 

This Saturday, I will be going to an exhibition that will be featuring a lot of the works of one of the greatest Political Satirical Cartoonists, of all time. This guy really pushed boundaries and actually had many of his cartoons banned in Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy. Here's one that really caught my eye. I got it off the net of course and I can't wait to see this and other works up close, in person! 

Stalin and Mussolini were supposed to get married! Check out old Stalin in that bridal outfit! Isn't he cute? :hysterical: 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

7 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

That's how I am today, not in my teens and 20's - that was a much different story. I actually followed a rock band around Canada with an older cousin of mine, later as an older teen and early 20's, woke up in strange beds naked wondering how it happened, and woke up once in a park shivering at 8AM, slept in a ditch on the side of the Trans-Canada highway in Manitoba/Sask, rescued someone from in a sinking car that had slid off a road and into some ice (long story, but I was playing pond hockey on a lake at the time) and a few other odd things. 

One of the reasons why I decided to tone it down during my teenage years, was because of an incident that really shook me up! Even though this took place about 13 years ago, I still remember it, to this day! When I was 15, a friend of mine, whose other friend knew someone from another school (I'm sure you know how complex teenage social circles can be! :lol: ), tried to drag me to a party. Oh, but this was no ordinary party. No. It was a rave. Yep. Alcohol. Drugs. You name it and it was at some college dude's place (go figure!). Anyway, I had a math test in about 4 days time and I flatly refused. The girl became so mad at me, that she refused to speak to me. Weeks later, I came to know that one of the girl's other friends from that other school (who also went to that party), was now in trouble. I mean really in trouble (as in that thing that can happen to girls but not to guys?!). My source of information was the same girl who fought with me when I refused to go with her to that rave. She managed to escape when things started to get out of hand, but told me that she really regretted going to a party of that sort. I told my mom the whole messy story (it was something that I just couldn't keep from her) and my mom said : 'Do you know that thing that can happen to girls and not guys? NEVER let that happen to you. NEVER let your guard down!'. To this day, I can remember those words and the tone with which my mom said it. It sends shivers down my spine, just thinking about it! :wacko: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Envious, ebk! And with all of the great shows to see, I'm still wanting to see CATS (again). Never tire of the music!  Gus is the cat at the theatre door...ahhh!! :wub:

Today I'm doing much needed yard work.  Then I'm flying over the pond to have dinner with the CPs.  Uninvited. :) 

Tonight, we're seeing An American in Paris.  Tomorrow matinee, Curious Incident

And Wednesday matinee, the whole reason for the trip...  Hamilton!!!!!  

Lots of other stuff planned too...

18 minutes ago, ebk said:

Tonight, we're seeing An American in Paris.  Tomorrow matinee, Curious Incident

And Wednesday matinee, the whole reason for the trip...  Hamilton!!!!!  

Lots of other stuff planned too...

Not so much activities today.............first I managed to begin the finishing touches on a painting called "Ommhotep The Magnificent" (see picture).

After some hours of fighting the devil in the details (and I'm still not finished with the fucker) there was this free festival downtown..............

my first chance to see a band called Blues Pills, and of course to drink some beer. Enjoyed that as well.

14141981_1036519389801039_4708082714828325897_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...