What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Getting ready for our week away in Wales.

Firstly it is The Manchester Derby. United v City 12.30 kick of. C'mon Reds !!

Then with a packed car we are off for a week of golf,food,drink and beach walks on the beautiful island of Anglesey. Hope the weather plays ball :smiley_pray:

That sounds like a fantastic week ahead, CP.  I know it hasn't started the way you wanted as far as the results of the Manchester Derby.  Walter Jr is a Manchester City fan and gave me the report this morning....  Hope you both have a great one! ✌?️

15 hours ago, Walter said:

That sounds like a fantastic week ahead, CP.  I know it hasn't started the way you wanted as far as the results of the Manchester Derby.  Walter Jr is a Manchester City fan and gave me the report this morning....  Hope you both have a great one! ✌?️

Thanks buddy.

Yeah a disappointing start. But we are here and all is looking good. We are renting a wonderful country side house just near the sea. 

Have a tee booked on a great parkland course at 1.15. Sunny but breezy so it will be a test. More reports as we go.

Have a great trip, CP!  I'm hoping you get to enjoy some lovely weather. :) 

Yesterday, I visited Long Beach, California, where I was born. Enjoyed yummy clams with a view of the gorgeous harbor.  Today, a quick tour of the Las Vegas strip, ending with the Michael Jackson ONE show.  Tomorrow, homeward bound.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Have a great trip, CP!  I'm hoping you get to enjoy some lovely weather. :) 

Yesterday, I visited Long Beach, California, where I was born. Enjoyed yummy clams with a view of the gorgeous harbor.  Today, a quick tour of the Las Vegas strip, ending with the Michael Jackson ONE show.  Tomorrow, homeward bound.

image.jpeg

Beautiful. I can practically smell the sea-salt air. :)

CP, hope your having a great time in Wales! Sounds wonderful:-)

Dd, glad you had a great trip , and was able to meet up with Sean. Safe travels back home:-) 

Hi Walter!

I thought I was going to take the rest of the year off, but this morning I was asked to  take a two month job for the W Hotel Midtown. At least I don't have to fly. I just have to drive in Sunday nights and can come back home each Friday night.  Filling out the paperwork (contract, forms, etc. today). Drug test Wednesday.   :peace:  

10 minutes ago, Deborah J said:

CP, hope your having a great time in Wales! Sounds wonderful:-)

Dd, glad you had a great trip , and was able to meet up with Sean. Safe travels back home:-) 

Hi Walter!

I thought I was going to take the rest of the year off, but this morning I was asked to  take a two month job for the W Hotel Midtown. At least I don't have to fly. I just have to drive in Sunday nights and can come back home each Friday night.  Filling out the paperwork (contract, forms, etc. today). Drug test Wednesday.   :peace:  

Holy cow Deb! Talk about a quick turn of events! Whoa...good luck Wednesday! ;);)

On September 13, 2016 at 8:54 PM, apantherfrommd said:

I'm making something called a pomander, for a friend that's getting married this weekend. Only I'm using an apple, and covering the whole thing with cloves.

16236372-Christmas-pomander-of-orange-an

Oh! My Mom used to make those at Christmastime! :)

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:44 AM, Virginia said:

Oh! My Mom used to make those at Christmastime! :)

Did she? They take a lot of patience to make. My credit to your mom.

I just hope my friend had a beautiful wedding, Saturday. I've known her for 2 years. I used an apple and was told if it's not fully covered, it would rot. But I did the whole thing. They can last 10 years, and still smell good. I must have had several hundred cloves on there. It's tedious.

I gave her a big hug and wished her congratualations, and hoped her wedding would be beautiful, rain or shine.

When she got it, she was so happy. She loves the smell of cloves. But said, she would have to find a place to put it up high, because her doggie eats everything that pertains to food. :lol:

It's nice to hear from you Virginia. I hope you're doing fantastic! Keep on rockin'!

Edited by apantherfrommd

Thanks! I enjoyed the memory from seeing your post! Mom had us help make them; we'd stick the holes with an ice pick and then push the cloves in. I think we may have rolled them in cinnamon (not sure?) and we tied them in tulle (like what tutus are made from). 

It's funny to remember that because I must have been about 5 and was using an ice pick! :-o  lol.  Or maybe she did that part and I stuck the cloves in. Anyway, I'd forgotten all about that and it was nice to remember our holiday crafts! :)

I'm sure your friend loved them and will enjoy having a wonderful smelling home afterwards!

This is what I did yesterday (to late to post for "today").  I got my car inspected even though I have a cracked windshield on the passenger side (the cracked windshield came about 4 months ago when there was a very fierce thunderstorm in Plano that produced softball sized hail, luckily only that part of my windshield was slightly damaged).  Anyway, I looked into a complete windshield replacement and the cost of that would be roughly $300.  I can afford that but would rather not.  I went to the inspection station and asked the guy if my car would pass with a cracked windshield and he said yes, it will pass.  My only concern after that is would my car pass any of the myriad of other "tests" that the inspection station tests. 

It did and I was happy to pay the $25.50. 

That gives me another 365 days to purchase a car that is from this century and not the last. 

Good Day...

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, it's the weekend and Mr. Brain has decided to pack it up (and put all of the world's burdens and life's annoyances into a trunk) and catch up on some much needed reading! It was also nice to see Mr. Heart agreeing with Mr. Brain! :P 

14469431_1110343622374645_7843608349970404692_n.png

I love when heart and brain agree.  And when gut is on board, too, you know you're good to go. ;):P 

Follow your heart, trust your gut, use your head.  In that order.  Works every time.

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Wow! That sounds fantastic!! :D Enjoy! :friends: 

Thank you!  It's been a while since I've seen the play, and the timing is perfect for the week I've had.  Not much soothes my soul like the sound of music, especially this music. 

Have a great weekend, Kiwi! 

:friends: 

Just now, Ddladner said:

Thank you!  It's been a while since I've seen the play, and the timing is perfect for the week I've had.  Not much soothes my soul like the sound of music, especially this music. 

Have a great weekend, Kiwi! 

:friends: 

Thanks, Debbie! You too! :) The Sound of Music is certainly soothing for the soul! 

September has been awfully quiet for me, in terms of my fix of theatre, stand-up comedy, etc. 

Thankfully, October is beginning with a bang this Saturday, as one of my favourite comedic duo will be back in town for a one night only show! Booked my ticket last night and I am super excited! :D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 months later...