What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

Back at home, I enjoy the last day of my summer holiday. I spent quite some time at breakfast, drinking Tea for one, because Mr. LedZed has already gone to work.

Now, I have to do some household chores, but I will visit my balcony later this afternoon, because it's a perfect summer day (30C / 86F).

In the evening, after dinner at a nice Italian restaurant, it's time to say goodbye to La dolce vita and hello to working life.

The memory remains (no photoshop):

70_7125.jpg

7 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Back at home, I enjoy the last day of my summer holiday. I spent quite some time at breakfast, drinking Tea for one, because Mr. LedZed has already gone to work.

Now, I have to do some household chores, but I will visit my balcony later this afternoon, because it's a perfect summer day (30C / 86F).

In the evening, after dinner at a nice Italian restaurant, it's time to say goodbye to La dolce vita and hello to working life.

The memory remains (no photoshop):

70_7125.jpg

All that's missing is Julie Andrews.

• 4 months later...

Spending a quiet day at home, reading, watching test cricket and listening to music.

I am currently recovering from a horrific work schedule. These past 5 days have been absolutely brutal. I had to work for approximately 18 hours a day, survive with 2 to 3 hours of sleep and to top it all, my boss expected me to show up at the office on time at 10 AM :wacko: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
spelling

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Spending a quiet day at home, reading, watching test cricket and listening to music.

I am currently recovering from a horrific work schedule. These past 5 days have been absolutely brutal. I had to work for approximately 18 hours a day, survive with 2 to 3 hours of sleep and to top it all, my boss expected me to show up at the office on time at 10 AM :wacko: 

18 hour days, wow that's not right, I'm sure that would be illegal here in the UK Bet you wish you were back in NZ sometimes.

3 hours ago, JTM said:

18 hour days, wow that's not right, I'm sure that would be illegal here in the UK Bet you wish you were back in NZ sometimes.

Usually, it's not this bad but there have been times when the work has just been piled on and I have even gone without any sleep for an entire day. My job is really interesting and I love what I do but I have to admit, that my passion sure dies down sometimes, because of sheer mental and physical exhaustion. Thankfully, my vacation starts on the 11th and I'll have 10 days all to myself! :) 

Trying to figure out what the Hell happened last night.  Had a Christmas party/open house at the Walter residence. It was like The Hangover - lots of crazy stories being reported this morning.  Just got a report that our friends who have a jeep, that we went 4 wheeling with in some vacant lots, couldn’t find their keys this morning after sleep over. Went out to the Jeep only to find it still running....  Pictures are circulating, but I’m not posting any! 😜

52 minutes ago, Walter said:

Trying to figure out what the Hell happened last night.  Had a Christmas party/open house at the Walter residence. It was like The Hangover - lots of crazy stories being reported this morning.  Just got a report that our friends who have a jeep, that we went 4 wheeling with in some vacant lots, couldn’t find their keys this morning after sleep over. Went out to the Jeep only to find it still running....  Pictures are circulating, but I’m not posting any! 😜

Feeling rough this morning man?

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Same for me on Saturday, but I can bask in the smugness that I abstained from anything last evening and I managed 11 holes of golf today !! Doesn't get any easier with age.

Lots of stories surfacing from last night.  It was EPIC even if I don’t remember all of it. Here’s one post from an uptight, not even moved in neighbor, about our fun 🤣🤣🤣🤣: 

C33AC16A-1AED-43DF-8F30-04089413C717.png

Edited by Walter

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Lots of stories surfacing from last night.  It was EPIC even if I don’t remember all of it. Here’s one post from an uptight, not even moved in neighbor, about our fun 🤣🤣🤣🤣: 

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Potato Chip Man driving drunk again? :lol: Doesn't surprise me.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the house ready for yet another round of family and gift opening. Mrs W’s brother and family are heading over for a nice evening of pizza, gifts, and a fire pit with Disney fireworks in the distance for entertainment.  Been a great holiday season thus far!