"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

Besides myself, how many other fans of Led Zeppelin are also big fans of HBO's "Game of Thrones"?

I realize that this show is ongoing, with the new 3rd season not beginning until the end of March of 2013, however, I have become so immersed in this series that I have watched both seasons 1 and 2 numerous times since I became aware of the show about 10 months ago. I have HBO On Demand to thank for that. I got so enthralled with this show that I have begun to read the actual books that "Game of Thrones" is based on. So far, there are 5 books in the series (I am already halfway thru the second book. By the way, each book is at least, 900 pages long/paperback).

I am not going to go into details about plots and storylines and characters of this Great show because that would be very long and very complicated. I trust that whoever reads this and has seen this show (and likes it) will know what I am talking about.

So, anyone else a fan? I would love to hear any feedback. If you have never heard of this show but happen to read this post, I urge you to seek it out, via HBO, DVD, YouTube or Google, etc... You should not be disappointed.

I am! I have read all of the A Song of Ice and Fire books to date and purchased HBO just to watch the series (glad I did, now I've gotten to watch a ton of movies that I'd have missed). Two more books I believe?

I am a big fan of the series as well. I have not read the books, not too sure if I am going to. We bought season 1 on blu-ray and we watched the whole thing in a matter of days. Found Season 2 on demand and watched it as well. I can't wait for the new season.

I've watched it since it first started on Sky Atlantic in the UK. I like it!

It's a very fun show to watch and very well made. Lots of great characters played by established British actors, but my favourite is probably Tyrion Lanister played by American Peter Dinklage.

I also love the look of the show. It's how I imagine Medieval England looked like.

• 3 months later...

Besides the "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" I think that "Game of Thrones" is One of the best shows Ever!!!

If anyone who reads this is unfamiliar with any of these three Series, I highly suggest that you take the time to "invest" in one, if not, all of these three "Great" shows. I do not think that you will be dissapointed.

Love Live Tony Soprano, Walter White and Tyrion Lannister!!!

These three Fictional characters will go down in (television) history as the Greatest Actors of All-Time.

My husband and I both really enjoy it, he is getting tempted to read the books but I think i'm sticking with the series. Agree that Tyrion is probably the best character and Peter Dinklage is brilliant, and I also think Arya Stark is a great character - to be honest I think it's all well acted. Oh and I do think Jon Snow is rather nice ;) Would recommend to anyone, it's one of those shows where I never want an episode to end...

"Winter is Coming" - in March! Season 3 starts on March 31.

Great characters, fine acting (yes, lots of eye candy both male and female), costuming, scenery. I enjoy all of the Starks and Lannisters. I'll admit to getting a bit bored of Daenerys's story line in both the books and television show.

I look forward to seeing how Season 3 plays out.

Edit to remove repetitive statements. Would be good if I read my own previous comments.

indeed it is but at least it's been on there from the start and not bought out halfway through though like Mad Men etc...Sorry to go off topic but personally can't stand Sky, husband has it mainly for the footy. I've banned anyone in the house watching Sky news though, horrible...Back on topic, GOT would appeal to Mr.Plant I reckon, wonder if he watches it?

The books are fantastic and rarely does the movie and worse, TV version, live up to the book. Not so in this case. HBO does an incredible job in casting and producing this series. Highly recommend watching/reading this series to anyone who hasn't yet!

Thank you HBO!

Wilko Johnson seemed to enjoy his cameo as executioner! I think the series will improve too, I'm sure the writer said he's now writing the books with the ongoing series in mind (unlike when he wrote the first ones).

Game Of Thrones is the best show i've seen for a very long time. In fact I can't remember another series i've been more addicted to.

I have the box sets of both season 1 and 2 on dvds and I've read all 5 books. I do recommend watching the episodes more than once if you're into this show, because you'll pick up little things that you miss the first time round.

Sean Bean was brilliant as Ned Stark in S1 and his exit from the show was nothing short of 'wide open mouth stunned disbelief, OMG, you have to be kidding me, no fucking way!!!!' (I'm not mentioning details for anyone yet to see the series from the beginning). Even though we hate the characters like Jodfrey, The Hound, Cersei and Jamie Lannister and so on, they are brilliant actors doing a great job in making us hate them ..... and trust me, you will hate many more to come and change your minds about others. A few people irritate me, Sansa, Theon and Catelyn Stark at times. Whoever cast Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister is a genius. What an incredible actor he is playing Tyrion ..... mischievous, funny, misundersttod, determined and yet with a caring heart. So many characters I enjoyed/enjoy in the show, including some of the non main roles such as Khal Drogo, Jorah Mormont, Bronn (great line Bronn said "There's no cure for being a c*nt"). What a stunner Emilia Clarke is as Daenerys Targaryen and I can't talk about stunningly, drop dead gorgeous without mentioning the delectably delicious Jaqen H'ghar :wub:

I'm busting to tell you more about what happens and who does what etc, but all I'll say is ....... hang on tightly, because Season 3 is going to be the best yet and OMFG incredible.

A little treat :lol:

I agree completely. I am almost finished with book 3, Storm of Swords. Have book 4, Feast for Crows, ready to read.

I also agree that you have to watch each of seasons 1 and 2 multiple times as you will catch things that you may have missed the first time around. Sometimes little things that make more sense after seeing them over again. I probably have seen each episode of seasons 1 and 2 at least 5 times. One of the greatest shows of all-time. I am so looking forward to 3/31/13.

"Winter is Coming"...

• 1 month later...

OH MY GOD! I'm reading the third book in the series (I like to read the books before I see the show on HBO) and this weekend was blindsided. THREE of the main characters come to an end. I don't want to spoil WHO those were, but I was just in shock! I read the next few chapters hoping they just died "in someone's dream", but alas they are gone! I NEVER saw that one coming.

If the HBO series stays true to the book, Ned being killed off early is nothing compared to what happens in Season 3!!! There are going to be a LOT of unhappy fans when they see what happens!

And I have two more books in the series to go!

Hi amie1974,

That's not always easy to do either - avoiding spoilers! I have to do the same out here.

Not only is "Game of Thrones" the best show on TV (brilliant casting and acting, incredible scenery and costumes, and a screen play that actually follows the books), but the books are so well written that I actually got depressed over the weekend thinking about losing those characters. I jumped ahead in the book to see if their names apeared as chapter titles....nope. Then I went back and re-read the chapters to see if thye could have just been wounded....no again. all I can do at this point is hope some sorcerer gets introduced that can resuurect them!

When I writer can get me to care that much about his characters, he/she is doing something right. Kudos to Mr. Martin!

I must admit, at the end of one of the books, there was one character with an indecisive/not sure whats going on here/will you be back/up in the air storyline and I too flicked forward quite a few chapters in the following book just to find out.

If you ever get your hands on that sorcerer ^^ :witch: ^^ can you please ask him to bring Jagen H'ghar back?

• 3 weeks later...

"Game of Thrones" new 3rd seasons begins in less than 96 hours from now (in the United States). I have a strong belief that Robert Plant is anticipating the new season as much as the rest of us "Game of Thrones fans. This is the kind of show that appeals to a lot people and this show seems to be right up to Mr. Plant's alley. I am sure Robert and Patty have HBO in their home in Austin.

For those fans who have not read any of the books like I have (without giving anything away) but have followed the show from the beginning, be in for some shocking events that may or may not be expected.

...did you know that Season Three is just covering the first half of the third novel? Since you've read the books, care to guess what the cliff hanger last episode will be????

Hint: RW

I have read the books and I almost finished with the 4th book, Feast for Crows. I did read that, yes, the third season is going to be split into 2 seasons, kinda like the last season of "Breaking Bad".

Are you certain that the "Red Wedding" will be the season 3 cliffhanger? I was very surprised and shocked when I read this in the book about "the King in the North".

Archived