"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

I guess that is why I'm not a televison producer...I would have saved the RW episode as the season ending cliffhanger! But they are now assured of having a record number of viewers tune in for next week's season ending episode! Not as epic as last night's but it will still be awesome!

You look at the previous two seasons and they did the same thing so I was expecting something big.

I have to say though that for me the plot is becoming a bit predictable in its unpredictability, a great cast of character but I'm getting a bit nervous things aren't ultimately leading anyway besides the next supprize.

greenman,

I don't know if you've read the books, but the second half of Book Three (which will be the next season of Game of Thrones on HBO next year) is still awesone and there are more surprises to come. I'm more worried about Season 5 as Mr. Martin appears to have bitten off a little more than he can chew with all the new charactors and kind of lost his way in the story line with books 4 and 5. As I stated earlier, HBO will probably combine Books 4 and 5 into on TV season (Season 5). That leaves Mr. Martin with writing two more books to end the saga. The good news is that he already told the HBO producers how he wants the story to end, just in case he dies before he finishes the last two books!

greenman,

I don't know if you've read the books, but the second half of Book Three (which will be the next season of Game of Thrones on HBO next year) is still awesone and there are more surprises to come. I'm more worried about Season 5 as Mr. Martin appears to have bitten off a little more than he can chew with all the new charactors and kind of lost his way in the story line with books 4 and 5. As I stated earlier, HBO will probably combine Books 4 and 5 into on TV season (Season 5). That leaves Mr. Martin with writing two more books to end the saga. The good news is that he already told the HBO producers how he wants the story to end, just in case he dies before he finishes the last two books!

I generally hold off reading books until after a film/TV series(unless it happens years latter of course), in my experience its more rewarding that way round getting the extra detail rather than losing it.

Martin has written some great characters but for me this season especially its almost comic how much flip flopping is happening with plot elements.. If its building to something down the line obviously that maybe worth while but shock value alone doesn't make for great viewing for me and gives the impression the viewer/reader is just being strung along.

What I am interesting in seeing(although not being spoiled on) is how the "war of the roses" style plot elements match up to the grander supernatural theme that seems to be building(White Walkers, Lord of Light, Bran Starks Abilties) considering the former features so many grounded non heroic characters.

After that episode last night, all I can say is .............. Holy Shit! :o :o :o

Again, for the benefit of you, whoopie cat, this is not a spoiler, since it has already happened, and since you said that you have already read all the books then you should know what I mean.

It makes me sad that Robb Stark, the King in the North, had to meet his demise at the hands of the very cruel and vile Walder Frey (and Roose Bolton).

I, too, have also invested My time in reading and exploring the whole and complete History of the 4 books, A Song of Ice and Fire, I have read so far. In saying that, I knew well and complete what was going to happen (of course the books reveal a lot more of the details of such tragic events that have transpired). However, reading words from a book and later seeing them put into motion on a screen seem to be two very different courses. What you read and imagine in your head as you read them and then what you remember from the readings and then see on a screen are two completely different aspects.

Again I'v not read the books but going from what I'v picked up with others it seemed to me that Robb almost became "too good" on the TV show. The Freys were actually part of his army all along in the book weren't they? that obviously makes backing out on marrying one of them much worse, in the TV series he's really screwing over someone who tried to screw him over asking way too high a price for passage alone. His wife sounds like she was someone more random with less of a moral streak in the books.

The book scenes were written from his mothers perspective weren't they? I think that focus makes a lot more sense since she's really having her chickens coming home to roost, letting Jamie get away with murder for her own benefit directly sets up the need for the alliance with the Freys.

Neds death was effective in showing us "this isn't a story were the hero always wins" but going over the same ground again doesn't seem to achieve as much beyond shock value and future plots it might setup. Personally I think they should have made Robb a bit more like Daenerys in season 1, more obviously turning a blind eye to his forces brutality(maybe have them kill one of Freys children try to cover it up and then reveal he knew) and focused on power for its own sake then finding a piecemeal bit of morality(not letting the Karstarks get away with murder in his case, saving a few women from being raped in hers) isn't enough to excuse it.

The season finale of this Awesome show will air in less than 18 hours from now (United States Central Time).

A lot happened in the last episode, the King in the North, met his untimely end. For the True and Loyal fans of this show, even after the shock and awe of what We witnessed last week, I think that this last episode will keep up the suspense and anticipation that We can expect until the beginning of the new episodes. Too bad that we have to wait another 10 to 12 months to see the finished product.

I think that the finale for this season of "Game of Thrones" came to a good and logical conclusion. However, (no spoilers here) there will be a lot more action, intrigue and suspense, etc... in the next season. Too bad, I/We have to wait another 10 - 12 months for this Great Show to come back.

So, fair well to "Game of Thrones" for now. I will miss you.

Now bring on the last 8 episodes of "Breaking Bad". I will miss one Great show only to be rewarded with another Great show.

"Long Live Tyrion Lannister" and possibly "Walter White" (that shall be determined in the next few months).

Not a great deal happened but I sill found it one of the best episodes of this season, less heavy on the exposition and more room for some great character scenes, Peter Dinkage and Charles Dance's scenes together have IMHO been the best of the series.

Again I do think the story has a lot of weight on its sholders after the red wedding, Lady Starks death was a clearer conclusion of the character but like Ned's Robb's(and his wife's) was more an "interruption of fate". The justification for the first was that it helped advance the story but now its ultimately led to the same thing happening again which puts even more pressure on it leading somewhere interesting.

The strength of the series for me has never been as some kind of fantasy Vietnam film pushing a "war is hell" message, its much more effective IMHO as a morality play, albeit a more subtle and changing one than we typically see in mainstream film/tv.

I think that the Red Wedding scene was a very big shock to those who watch the show but have not read the books. For what it's worth, I am proud to say that I do both. Read and watch.

I do think that this last episode of the season of "Game of Thrones" wrapped up the season with all the various scenes that they put together.

Again, once more, since I have read the 4 books so far, I know what is in store for the next season. What I do not know is how they will present and show it on screen. You can only fit so much into a great show from books that are about 1000 pages long into a 1 hour episode (or even ten 1 hour episodes).

I urge anyone who has not seen this show to take the time to watch this show. If you start now, you will be up to date when the new season begins sometime next year. You will not be disappointed. I guarantee this.

The talk I'v heard is that there aiming for 7 seasons of TV which given that book 3 has been spilt in two makes it seem likely that books 4 and 5 will be cut down, from what I'v heard both are a good deal slower in pace anyway so could probabley use it for TV adaptation.

• 3 months later...

I bet the author of "A Song of Ice and Fire", George R.R. Martin, was a big RUSH fan back in the mid to late 1970's (and hopefully still is to this day).

Just listen to this RUSH song, "A Farewell to Kings" and listen to the lyrics. I think that this song and this show are almost in sympathy with each other, even though they are about well over 30 years apart.

{Skip Ad}:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else excited that the new season of "Game of Thrones" begins in 8 days?

One of my tv channels has been running the past 3 seasons of GOT in a lead up to season 4 starting. Each episode is repeated 4 times over a 2 day period and then also next weekend, the 3 seasons will be repeated again, with each episode running back to back in a marathon.

Even though I saw each episode many times originally on tv and have subsequently bought all the dvd's aaaaaand read all 5 books, I still couldn't help myself watching these episodes again on tv the past few weeks. Pathetic, I know .... hahaha

So in answer to your question kingsozo ......

I'm soooooo excited, a little bit of wee escapes every time I think about it :o:lol: :lol: :lol:

Count down ..... 7 days

One of my tv channels has been running the past 3 seasons of GOT in a lead up to season 4 starting. Each episode is repeated 4 times over a 2 day period and then also next weekend, the 3 seasons will be repeated again, with each episode running back to back in a marathon.

Even though I saw each episode many times originally on tv and have subsequently bought all the dvd's aaaaaand read all 5 books, I still couldn't help myself watching these episodes again on tv the past few weeks. Pathetic, I know .... hahaha

So in answer to your question kingsozo ......

I'm soooooo excited, a little bit of wee escapes every time I think about it :o:lol: :lol: :lol:

Count down ..... 7 days

I, too, have seen every episode numerous times and have both seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-ray. I am going to buy season 3 in the next few days.

I am currently re-reading A Feast for Crows. I already bought the fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, but have not read it yet. I wanted to (re)read all the books in chronological order so I would be completely up to date with (re)reading the books in succession.

The Producers of Game of Thrones have said that this new season is "EPIC" Can't wait.

Count down.....6 days (about 140 hours from right now).

Because of our time zone difference, the coinciding time here in Australia is 3.30pm on Monday afternoon (7th April) and also screening again at 7.30pm on Showcase.

Showcase+2 also screens the same programs 2 hours later. So if I wanted to, I could watch this opening episode 4 times in one afternoon/evening :yes2::rolleyes::D

I just started watching about 2 weeks ago on Xfinity; am about halfway through Season 1. Binge watched 5 episodes last weekend ;)

Yep I am hooked!

Keep watching more episodes and the quicker the better. You will be more hooked and possibly up to date to catch the first new episode of season 4. I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.

Keep watching more episodes and the quicker the better. You will be more hooked and possibly up to date to catch the first new episode of season 4. I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.

I did some more binge watching this weekend; am now several episodes into Season 2 :) Have a 4 day weekend coming up and expect to make a lot more progress then.

Archived