"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

I don't know who is more pathetic kingzee ........ you, or me ........ aahhhahahahahahaha :drinks:

Most would say that I am but I am cool with that. I never waiver in My admiration, devotion, loyalty, etc... to the things that I Love and hold dear to Me.

I did some more binge watching this weekend; am now several episodes into Season 2 :) Have a 4 day weekend coming up and expect to make a lot more progress then.

In My opinion, the best episode of season 2 is the ninth episode, the Battle of the BlackWater. When You watch it, You will know what I mean.

At the 2:40 mark, the interviewer suggests that Arya Stark listen to Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir". Apparently, Arya has never heard of "Kashmir" but says that she will check it out.

Less than 3 days till the premiere of Season 4.

HBO began running a 60 hour marathon of Seasons 1-3 this morning starting at 9am EST, should be on episode 2 now; in case anyone wants to jump on board.

Random GOT thoughts so far (mid way through Season 2):

Arya is one of my favorite characters so far; she is so brave! Many of the women are actually quite badass; moreso than the men in many cases (Cat, Daenerys).

Joffrey is horrible; I can't stand to watch him. I guess that means he is a very good actor.

Between first watching the Tudors and now GOT I feel like we should all be calling one another Your Grace, My Lord/Lady, Majesty, Khaleesi... (btw; more than a few similarities between the 2 shows, although glad I watched The Tudors first).

Is it just me, or do the Dothraki make anyone else think of Klingons? I think it's a combination of Khal Drogo and the language...

Peter DInklage is awesome!

HBO began running a 60 hour marathon of Seasons 1-3 this morning starting at 9am EST, should be on episode 2 now; in case anyone wants to jump on board.

Random GOT thoughts so far (mid way through Season 2):

Arya is one of my favorite characters so far; she is so brave! Many of the women are actually quite badass; moreso than the men in many cases (Cat, Daenerys).

Joffrey is horrible; I can't stand to watch him. I guess that means he is a very good actor.

Between first watching the Tudors and now GOT I feel like we should all be calling one another Your Grace, My Lord/Lady, Majesty, Khaleesi... (btw; more than a few similarities between the 2 shows, although glad I watched The Tudors first).

Is it just me, or do the Dothraki make anyone else think of Klingons? I think it's a combination of Khal Drogo and the language...

Peter DInklage is awesome!

I have never seen an episode of the Tudors, so I do not know anything about that show. Even though I know some of the History of Celtic England/Britain.

King Joffrey is a "Monster" and something very bad happens to him in this new season (I won't say what happens, so as not to "spoil" anything, But I have and am currently re-reading the books that "Game of Thrones" is based on). So, I am up to date on what happens in this new season and even the 5th season (which wont be for another year from now). I know that what is printed on paperback and what is put into a screenplay may not match each other, but I do know that this new season will be "Epic" and generate more and more fans into the fold for this Great and Awesome "OPUS".

Edited to add this: Game of Thrones meets Led Zeppelin...

I know that a lot of people may find this one scene repetitive for over 10 minutes but it is played to "Achilles Last Stand" but I know a lot of people who enjoy watching King Joffrey being slapped by his uncle, the One and Only Tyrion Lannister, aka, the IMP.

Kingzee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thats terrible!

Will you please go back and edit your last post!!! You may not have given exact details, but aarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....... tsk tsk tsk :duel:

See previous post #46 and also #16 of this thread.

Kingzee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thats terrible!

Will you please go back and edit your last post!!! You may not have given exact details, but aarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....... tsk tsk tsk :duel:

See previous post #46 and also #16 of this thread.

I am sorry!!!

So I guess you get to see the new episode before anyone else who resides in the United States of America? It starts later tonight at 8pm Central Standard Time (Dallas, Texas). I have to work later today until 10pm (CST) so I will see it the very minute I get home from work. I already have My DVR ready to record this entire new season. Have a Good Time watching it and let me know what you think.

"Winter is Coming"...

"Valar Morghulis"...

I am sorry!!!

So I guess you get to see the new episode before anyone else who resides in the United States of America?

You don't regret your words and you're not sorry, untill you delete, or edit your post.

You're a bad, bad, naughty boy and your lil bum should be severely smacked :buttsmack: ..... although it's pointless now, because your teaser/spoiler has been up for 24 hours.

You're like a little kid who knows a secret and you're busting your little guts out to tell everyone :rolleyes:;):D

You throw one more little subliminal teaser in here ........ aaaaaaaaaand ............

You haven't read book 5 yet, right? I think i'll pm you what happens along the way and in the end :o

As for timing of the new season, I think we get it here in Oz a tiny bit later than it's screened over there, but if you're working ...... then nah nah naaaah naaaaah nah. I get it before you :P

hahahahahaha

Once again, episode after episode (since the pilot), season after season,(now on 4), GAME OF THRONES does not hold back and take no Shit. After the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones WILL go down in American Television History as One of the Greatest TV Shows of All-Time. The Good thing about GoT is that it is still in Production for (hopefully) another 2 - 3 years.

If anyone doubts Me about this, all I can say is this: Are you willing to read 4 or (5), 1000+ pages of a book (like I have) of A Great Saga that has and Will be remembered and Praised as This Show? Besides posting comments or replies on this Awesome Led Zeppelin forum, I have gathered that Their are not a lot of posters/people that READ a lot of fiction or non-fiction. I know that I maybe am wrong, however, I notice that ALOT of people on this LED ZEPPELIN Forum only state their opinion on certain topics. Me, I, am a voracious Reader of all things that Interest ME.

(Certain) People, on this Forum, Please read a Book or a Newspaper Everyday and You will be a Better and a more Informed Person on Major or Minor Events in in the History of Today (that has nothing to do with Led Zeppelin).

Once again, I am ready to read any flak that I am sure to receive. I can receive as much as I suggest.

No flak from me (this time) kingzee .............. :smack: ............. :lol:

The storyline and details in a book are ALWAYS better than a tv show or movie based on that book. In saying that, the tv show writers of a Game Of Thrones have done extremely well condensing down these massive, detailed tones into the show we are now watching. Some storylines, characters are the same, others completely different, some go off on completely different paths and certain characters are deleted completed, while others are given a new and extended life.

I would rate this tv series as one of the best I have EVER watched on tv. I may not like some of the variations and deviations, but it has me engrossed, hook, line and sinker .... pathetically so.

Tonight's episode ......... I thought was a brilliant opening to the season (no spoilers for those yet to watch). It didn't cover every single storyline and person involved in the saga, which I thought made it more engrossing. A very sad opening scene, followed by the building up basis for what is to come in season 4.

I will say, I love how the Hound and Arya Stark are developing.

Arya Stark ......... you kick ass baby! :duel:

HBO had a GoT marathon all weekend leading up to the Season 4 opener. I watched every episode AGAIN....all 30 hours over the course of three days! I guess that officially makes me a GoT geek now....and I'm proud to be one! Awesome show!

I'm catching up; am now through episode 4 of season 3 :running: I hope to be fully caught up by Sunday evening for Episode 2 of season 4...

What did you think of season 2, episode 9, "Blackwater"? The battle of "Blackwater" Bay when Tyrion's Wildfire just about decimated King Stannis' entire fleet.

Even though the number 7 is a very important and prevalent number in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books and "Game of Thrones" series (Seven Kingdoms, Seven Gods, Seven Hells, etc...), it is My belief that some of the most important and shocking developments seem to happen in the number 9 episodes of each season.

Eddard Starks execution (S1, E9), the Battle of Blackwater (S2, E9) and what happens in Season 3, Episode 9 (I won't say what because you may not have seen it yet -no spoiler information- You will know what I mean after you see it for yourself).

If you have any questions about the show, if you want, feel free to ask me. I have read the first 4 books twice and seen every episode so far numerous times.

"Winter is Coming"...

The Blackwater episode was very intense. I'm enjoying the series very much. Everything about it (the characters, the plot, the history) is incredibly complex; I've had to look things up several times and probably will read the books after getting caught up on the series.

I was home sick yesterday and ended up getting through episode 6 of season 3. Feeling confident that I'll be caught up by Sunday.

Hope you feel better soon, but it's a perfect time to catch up on the episodes.

Hang on tightly for the remaining ep3 episodes and then join us for the current season. Try to watch season 4's opening episode and then prepare yourself for next weeks ep 2. It should be amazing!

I have read all the books but have to wait for the current season to come to DVD to watch it since I can't afford HBO. Then I'll watch it all in one weekend probably.

I love this series! The author takes forever to write a book so probably won't live to finish.

So it's good to hear that he's shared the plot arc with the show runners so they can continue if something happens to him.

I have read all the books but have to wait for the current season to come to DVD to watch it since I can't afford HBO. Then I'll watch it all in one weekend probably.

I love this series! The author takes forever to write a book so probably won't live to finish.

So it's good to hear that he's shared the plot arc with the show runners so they can continue if something happens to him.

That is too bad because the current season 4 will probably not be available on dvd until next February or March 2015. I do have HBO so I can watch it every Sunday night for the next 9 weeks.

I have friends and co-workers that do not have HBO but they have somehow found a way to download the episodes and watch them the next day (Monday). If you choose to, maybe you could do a "Google" search and find a way to download the episodes. Like I said, it is possible even though I do not have to do that. It just seems like waiting a good 10 or 11 months is a long time for someone to wait for something that they Love. Good Luck.

No Spoilers here, but todays episode is the Royal Wedding between King Joffrey and (Queen) Margaery Tyrell. According to Tyrion Lannister (the Kings own Uncle Imp) this wedding will go down in Westeros' history as "one of the most expensive events in living memory".

Because of my time difference, the first screening of each episode is on Monday, mid afternoon here and then repeated another 3 times later throughout the evening. Unfortunately, tomorrow when ep2 first screens here (Monday), I won't be able to watch it until much later in the night.

It's driving me insane .............. of all the episodes for this to happen .............. :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: ................ aarrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived