"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

On 5/25/2017 at 7:14 AM, Stryder1978 said:

And contrary to popular believe, Cersei will NOT end up on the Iron Throne at the end of this story.  People forget about Maggie the Frog's prophecy....all of which has come true so far!

That would be an interesting ending though, however I always figured the Mother of Dragons was always hinted, or overtly suggested, she would occupy the Iron Throne by the end. The lady has dragons for crying out loud, unless they decide to strike for better benefits or working conditions, she is kinda a shoe-in.

• 1 month later...

"Game of Thrones" commences in 14 days.  I am excited but kinda disappointed that this new season 7 will comprise of only 7 episodes.  I am looking forward to the epic battles between Daenerys' huge army of the Unsullied and the Dothraki and Queen Cersei and her Lannister army.  Not to mention, Jon Snow, the new King in the North, and the awesome Lady Mormont. 

...I'm looking forward to it as well.  Some of the episodes will be longer in duration, but there will be fewer over all.  I am currently re-watching Seasons 1-6 in anticipation.  My biggest concern is that with only two shortened seasons remaining, that the directors will "rush" the show to it's conclusion.  Last season already felt rushed. 

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I'm looking forward to it as well.  Some of the episodes will be longer in duration, but there will be fewer over all.  I am currently re-watching Seasons 1-6 in anticipation.  My biggest concern is that with only two shortened seasons remaining, that the directors will "rush" the show to it's conclusion.  Last season already felt rushed. 

Yep, it seems they are pulling a Soprano's on us. Trying to milk this for all its worth.

....if the spoilers that were posted on Reddit earlier this year are true (last year he was spot on), the last season will INDEED be rushed and a LOT of fans (including myself) will be disappointed.  Oh well, there's always the books..... 

• 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones season 7 premieres in less than 24 hours from now.  Central Standard Time.  I can't wait.  I believe this season will be more "epic" than last season even though it will only comprise of just 7 episodes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Game of Thrones is the best show of the second decade of the 21 first Century.  Supposedly, there only  11 more episodes remaining  in this "Song of Ice and Fire".  

For those that have not watched this Epic series, I strongly urge you to.  You shall not be disappointed.

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Game of Thrones is the best show of the second decade of the 21 first Century.  Supposedly, there only  11 more episodes remaining  in this "Song of Ice and Fire".  

For those that have not watched this Epic series, I strongly urge you to.  You shall not be disappointed.

Ha Ha, So Got has knocked BB of it's perch then eh, King.... This current season seven is really upping the game, things are moving along rapidly now, finally..I'm loving it.

16 hours ago, JTM said:

Ha Ha, So Got has knocked BB of it's perch then eh, King.... This current season seven is really upping the game, things are moving along rapidly now, finally..I'm loving it.

I didn't actually say that.  I said that Game of Thrones is the best show since 2010 (second decade of 2017).  Breaking Bad premiered in 2008 (first decade of 2017).  The Sopranos, my favorite show of all-time, came out in 1999. 

The Sopranos:  1999

Breaking Bad:  2008

Game of Thrones:  2011.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

....he should have arms the size of tree trunks after 4 seasons of rowing!

...row, row, row your boat...gently through the Vale...OH MY GOD!!! SOME BASTARD JUST CHOPPED MY DICK OFF AND A GODDAMNED DRAGON FLAMED ME!!!

Oh the humanity....

On 8/2/2017 at 0:51 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...OH MY GOD...that would have been a "jump the shark" moment that would make me stop watching the show! 

I was rewatching last episode tonight. When Jon refuses to bend the knee and Dany says "That's unfortunate", there is a brief pause, A JTS moment would have been if Dany looks to her right and says "Drogon, dinner" while pointing at Jon.

I love this show, but the accelerated pace to get it finished so fast is making time jumps even more noticeable. I could deal with Varys' teleport last season, but Euron warping from the Narrow Sea to Castlerly  Rock was pretty insane.

That said, I'm loving this season. It could have been made better if "Immigrant Song" was playing as Euron attacked Yara's fleet.

6 hours ago, lz2112 said:

I was rewatching last episode tonight. When Jon refuses to bend the knee and Dany says "That's unfortunate", there is a brief pause, A JTS moment would have been if Dany looks to her right and says "Drogon, dinner" while pointing at Jon.

I love this show, but the accelerated pace to get it finished so fast is making time jumps even more noticeable. I could deal with Varys' teleport last season, but Euron warping from the Narrow Sea to Castlerly  Rock was pretty insane.

That said, I'm loving this season. It could have been made better if "Immigrant Song" was playing as Euron attacked Yara's fleet.

I still look forward to every episode, but the script and dialogue have taken a huge drop since D&D ran out of book material to work from.  The teleportation, the people blindly following Cersei after they had just seen her walk naked through the streets and thrown s**t at her (not counting that she blew up their "pope", Vatican and the queen that they loved), Cersei and Jamie knowing EVERY move that Dani's army is making, Euron's sneak attack on Yara's fleet (was NO ONE above deck that night?).  Why didn't Dani do what she did in Mereen and just mass all her forces outside King's Landing and tell the people "Turn over Cersie and Jamie and the rest of you will be spared!"?  They would have turned them over in a heart beat!  

Such a shame to see them rush this through without really thinking about it.  I just pray that Martin gets the books done before hr croaks! 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

I still look forward to every episode, but the script and dialogue have taken a huge drop since D&D ran out of book material to work from.  The teleportation, the people blindly following Cersei after they had just seen her walk naked through the streets and thrown s**t at her (not counting that she blew up their "pope", Vatican and the queen that they loved), Cersei and Jamie knowing EVERY move that Dani's army is making, Euron's sneak attack on Yara's fleet (was NO ONE above deck that night?).  Why didn't Dani do what she did in Mereen and just mass all her forces outside King's Landing and tell the people "Turn over Cersie and Jamie and the rest of you will be spared!"?  They would have turned them over in a heart beat!  

Such a shame to see them rush this through without really thinking about it.  I just pray that Martin gets the books done before hr croaks! 

I just hope they don't wrap up with a ridiculous ending like the last season of "LOST",  that completely ruined it for me so much so I will never revisit a show I previously loved.

22 minutes ago, JTM said:

I just hope they don't wrap up with a ridiculous ending like the last season of "LOST",  that completely ruined it for me so much so I will never revisit a show I previously loved.

One rumor I read said that it ends kind of like "Lord of the Rings", where it shows Sam reading from a pop-up book(like we see in the intro of every GOT episode) to his child.  The whole thing was just Sam reading the story of Westros to his kid!

If that happens, I will go ballistic!   

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater is one of my favorite characters on GoT, ever since the beginning.  He is smart and funny with a great sense of humor.  Too bad He is fighting on the wrong side.  With that being said, I will still be shocked and saddened if his death does occur. 

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I'm hoping Ser Jorah joins back up with Dany now that he's cured of grey scale.  She NEEDS a military adviser BAD!  

You are right.  Tyrion is good at diplomacy but not at military strategy (even though he held the defense of Kings Landing).

Archived