Godzilla vs. Ramble On (The Kaiju Thread)

Sue Dounim

'Rodan' and 'Godzilla' scared me to death as a kid. But I love these movies as they are so hokey and funny. Saw one recently with Godzilla's son or something. :lol:

Yikes, if it was either 'Son of Godzilla' or 'All Monsters Attack'(aka 'Godzilla's Revenge') then I'm very sorry, those 2 aren't particularly good.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"GODZILLA is a poltergeist. A primal spirit that existed on Earth since prehistoric times, now eternally going through the motions of being a destroyer, like a ghost soldier who constantly repeats his march across the field of battle upon which he died.

You see, a thermonuclear event deprived GODZILLA upon its death of its White Light Spiritual Transition. It literally became the embodiment of ALL the living beings that died in that explosive extinction event!

Thus came into being the physical form referred to as GODZILLA. His earthly body is held together, telekinetic-ally, by the will of all those spirits. This is why he does not conform to the laws of physics, nor have the weaknesses of biological entities.

I submit to you he may be drawn to the amalgamation of human souls that died in a similar instant and horrible manner at Nagasaki and Hiroshima; perhaps this explains in part the monster's affinity for Japan.

GODZILLA perseveres, held together by it's insistence it is still alive. Perhaps it is this which explains in part our affinity for it."

--Steve A. Jones on the occasion of the 59th Anniversary of the release of the 1954 motion picture 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters' in Tokyo, Japan, November 3, 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDeU42u2s2Y

• 1 month later...

I have a large .jpg collection of japanese theatrical posters for the Godzilla series, Gamera eries, and various other daikaiju eiga (though mostly Toho) saved. I think I'll post one each day, and if anyone's ever seen the movie that belongs to the particular poster, feel free to discuss it here. First up, what better film to start with than the first Godzilla movie?
post-21000-0-04916100-1387353371_thumb.j

I have a large .jpg collection of japanese theatrical posters for the Godzilla series, Gamera eries, and various other daikaiju eiga (though mostly Toho) saved. I think I'll post one each day, and if anyone's ever seen the movie that belongs to the particular poster, feel free to discuss it here. First up, what better film to start with than the first Godzilla movie?

attachicon.gifimage 91.jpg

attachicon.gifimage 91.jpg

I loved this movie ......once a year ch 7 WABC had monster week as a theme for the afternoon movie. I'd get off the school bus and run home so I could watch. .......I think the smog monster was my favorite.

Here's something a little more popular, the original Mothra! I've always loved this one since I was a little girl. All the effects are magnificent, and the story is a breath of fresh air compared to the typical giant monster story. One of my all-time favourites.

post-21000-0-67629400-1387694644_thumb.ppost-21000-0-80822200-1387694704_thumb.p

Edited by Sue Dounim

Up next for today is Rodan, Toho's first kaiju film outside of Godzilla, and Toho's first kaiju film in color. Any thoughts on this one? I myself have always liked this film.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I remember thinking Rodan was pretty kick ass, I haven't watched that movie since I was a kid......did Rodan come from otterspace, or am I remembering that wrong?