A couple of days ago I came across this band that tottaly got me blown away! And it appears that it was just the right time for me to discover them since they have just released their second LP!

Both of their albums are AMAZING! Can't think of a modern day band who'd start off with such an impressive debut album and an even more challenging follow up!

If you haven't heard them yet, then stop what you are doing and get their ALBUM! or atleast check one of their songs on you-tube or soundcloud!

Their sound and groove is a mixture of the 60s Sgt. Pepper era Beatlesque psychedelic rock, Dream Pop and Beat PLUS a lot of synths and analog electronic music fill-ins. The lead vocalist not just sounds like John Lennon, he is CHANNELING HIM! They've reminded me of Peter, Bjorn and John at first but as I listened to the whole album I realized that Tame Impala was something far more ambitious and pretentious.

To put it simple, for me they are an eaqually important discovery just as The Black Keys, Astra and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. A band that seems to have time travelled from the 60s\70s into our time, YET with a style and sound of their own which is far more complex and original than a blind imitation of the oldies vibe that a lot of bands nowadays try to pull off.

To summ it up,

Postmodernism reigns!

• 2 months later...

Geez, are you people serious? What, haven't you heard anything about these guys? Don't know about you, but I just can't get enough of them!

It's the next best thing to ever happen to modern Rock music after The Black Keys...imho

Oh wait... I think I've already said that before somewhere, somewhen...

Really? I made sure I searched the forums for any Tame Impala threads before starting this one... weird.

But anyway! Yeah, they are amazing! I've ordered their albums on vinyl, the Innerspeaker has arrived a couple of days ago, still waiting for Lonerism! The quality of vinyl is very good!

Unlike Black Country Communion...was a total dissapointment for me...=(

• 9 months later...

Has anybody checked out Tame Impala on their present tour, especially the dates with the Flaming Lips? They are hitting the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles October 29 and I cannot wait for this potentially epic show and was hoping to get an advance word from some of you more adventurous musical souls out there.

Tame Impala Fall 2013 US Tour:

09-30 Boston, MA - Agganis Arena ^
10-01-02 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^
10-03 Philadelphia, PA - Penn's Landing ^
10-04 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion ^
10-06 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival
10-08 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
10-09 Madison, WI - Orpheum Theater
10-10 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater
10-11 Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theater *
10-12 Dallas, TX - South Side Ballroom *
10-13 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival
10-26 Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
10-27 Denver, CO - Ogden Theater

10-29 Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater ^

^ with The Flaming Lips
* with the National

• 3 weeks later...

Easily one of the highlights from Tame Impala's set the other night at the Greek Theatre.

"It Is Not Meant to Be":

"Half Full Glass of Wine" was another great jam from the other night, but nobody has posted a clip on YouTube yet. But this performance of the song from this year's Glastonbury Festival will give you an idea:

Archived