Led Zeppelin's Best Live Album

Geezer

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is Led Zeppelin's Best Live Album?

• The Song Remains The Same (1976) Old
    • BBC Sessions (1997)
    • How The West Was Won (2003)
    • The Song Remains The Same (2007) New
    • Celebration Day (2012)

• 2 weeks later...

HWWW for me too.

I notice The Song Remains the Same is running 2nd, with Celebration Day third.

I love TSRTS - grew up with it - but 1:30 previews of all 16 songs on Celebration Day are now available on the iTunes Store. Based on them, I'd say Celebration Day will claim the #2 spot when it comes out and everyone gets a chance to hear it.

Don't get me wrong - Zeppelin in TSRTS are at the end of the one year period (mid-'72 to mid-'73) when they probably were at their technical peak. But TSRTS is, unfortunately, far from their best set of performances of that period. Given that, as well as the spread of tracks and sound quality, I think Celebration Day might edge it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

sry but i say TSRTS new version well because, first of all, my dad has BBC sessions on CD and i thought it was pretty cool, but i think this is still too early for the group and they still were kinda "underground" at that time

second, i gotten Celebration Day for Xmas and the reunion was SPECTACULAR TO THE MAX but it couldve been more "improvisational" and "experimental" for my taste, and third, i haven't really heard How the West Was Won yet, but i did see a copy at a Best Buy though, so yeah

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

If you asked me when I first started to listen to Led Zeppelin live (about a year ago) I would have said TSRTS.

But now, if you ask me, HTWWW is SO much better. It shows Zeppelin at their true peak. it has everything. Plant's voice is unbeatable, JImmy is very tight and agile. Bonham is powerful and fast, but still manages to be delicate when needed. John Paul Jones is just perfect, like he always is.

Better track selection too.

If you asked me when I first started to listen to Led Zeppelin live (about a year ago) I would have said TSRTS.

But now, if you ask me, HTWWW is SO much better. It shows Zeppelin at their true peak. it has everything. Plant's voice is unbeatable, JImmy is very tight and agile. Bonham is powerful and fast, but still manages to be delicate when needed. John Paul Jones is just perfect, like he always is.

Better track selection too.

Maybe, but IMO the sound is better on TSRTS. HTWWW is a bit 'loudness-warry' if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Archived