Anyone play LZ albums from start to finish in order on their commute?

Yes, in one commute. I drove from Long Island to Clearwater, Florida in September, 2000. I left at 7:00 AM. After leaving the range of NYC radio stations, I popped in LZ 1, 2, 3......can't remember where I ended up when I arrived @ 3:00 AM the next day.

same here

agree on best debut LP

But when I do drive, I don't have music on in the car. Especially not something as good as Led Zeppelin, I'd get distracted too easily, paying more attention to the music than the road...

I like to put the albums on and really listen to the songs: Bonzo's explosive fills, JPJ's neat basslines, Jimmy's exquisite guitar playing, the vocal harmonies, the production and engineering of the songs. I wish I had a record player and the albums all on original vinyl, that would be amazing. But I'm more than happy with my remastered CDs!

Absolutely. In fact, that's the ONLY way I listen to Led Zeppelin...whether it is at home or on my commute. I don't own any of the compilations like "Mothership". I got rid of the first two box sets when the Complete Studio Recordings box set came out. Then I traded that one in when the Japanese mini-vinyl replica box set came out a few years ago.

So when I listen to Led Zeppelin on my commute, it's either one of the CDs from that box set or one of the live releases(official or a bootleg)...and I always listen to the complete cd.

I don't comute to work, I work out of my home where I have my studio. I'm an artist and do abstract expressionism. I always have music on when I'm painting and I'm noticing that music plays a big role in the direction my pieces take. I want to start a series of paintings based on Zeppelins music, starting with LZ1 and playing through to Coda, in order not skipping any songs. I want to see where Zeppelin's music takes my art without any distractions from other music on my iPod playlist. And, I want to see how the pieces may change from Good Times Bad Times to Wearing and Tearing. I think I may start on this this weekend! I'll find a thread to post finished pieces if they turn out well. ;-)

Did it once from end to end during a long car trip. Amazing experience actually.

It was Easter 2009 several weeks after I'd randomly in a music shop seen the remastered studios as a quite cheap special. All except Physical Graffiti, which curiously was the only one I had on CD already! My vinyl collection was fair but incomplete, other bits had been on cassette - ha ha!

About time I did it again :D

Absolutely! I always seem to keep rotating between "Physical Graffiti", "Led Zeppelin I", "Led Zeppelin III" and "Led Zeppelin IV / Untitiled / ZOSO", almost every day while on my way to classes. Believe me, it turns an absolutely boring and annoying 30 minute bus ride to University into a highly interesting journey filled with colour and melody! B);)

I have copies of all of the albums (and a few bootlegs) in the car and there is almost always Zeppelin in the cd player. My commute is only about 15 minutes so it takes me a little while to work through one album.

I have around a five minute commute to Arizona State University.

For the last month, "Celebration Day" from the remastered TSRTS as loud as I can possibly stand it.

Exactly enough time to hear it twice.

Then I get out of car, yank bike out of trunk, and race across campus.

In The Light since 1972.

Trampled Under Foot. My life with Led Zeppelin.

http://petedelorean.tumblr.com/

My commute is short, only about 10 minutes, so I'm not able to listen to a full album or live recording (I do that at work though). However I've noticed that almost every trip between the house and the office, or vice versa, our local classic rock station almost always plays a Led Zeppelin song. My wife has noticed the same, almost weird, but I like it.

Funny thing you mention this though. I mostly listen to their bootleg recordings or other live stuff or a big playlist of my favorite album stuff on random. But today I made a playlist of Physical Graffiti so I could listen to all the songs in the correct order.

It's funny you opened this thread when you did. I'm a taxi driver, and I have converted my LZ studio albums to MP3s and copied them onto my MP3 player for use in the taxi. Starting tomorrow I'm going to start running through the albums in order. I already play a lot of Zeppelin in the taxi, and you wouldn't believe the positive reaction I get. There's nothing like a 15-year-old girl getting in and saying, "Is that Led Zeppelin? That's so cool! Turn it up." They may like Justin Bieber, but true greatness isn't completely lost on some of them.

All the time! I just finished Coda yesterday and went thru Robert Plant's catalog b4 that...commute is abt 20 min in am and 40 coming home so thats a cd+part of one .. I will also misuse this forum to thank Justin Bieber for throwing up on stage and saving me the trouble of doing it myself when I am exposed to his music...

I don't comute to work, I work out of my home where I have my studio. I'm an artist and do abstract expressionism. I always have music on when I'm painting and I'm noticing that music plays a big role in the direction my pieces take. I want to start a series of paintings based on Zeppelins music, starting with LZ1 and playing through to Coda, in order not skipping any songs. I want to see where Zeppelin's music takes my art without any distractions from other music on my iPod playlist. And, I want to see how the pieces may change from Good Times Bad Times to Wearing and Tearing. I think I may start on this this weekend! I'll find a thread to post finished pieces if they turn out well. ;-)

I would be interested to read your thread, no matter if the pieces don't turn out as well as you'd like them to.

That sounds amazing!

Yes, I mainly listen to the Boxed Sets 1 & 2 to cover the entire studio catalog, and then rotate through all of the Live Releases. Looking forward to adding Celebration Day to the rotation. Also, I realized I do miss listening to the albums in their original sequence and plan to created versions of all of the studio albums to listen to.

I listen to both versions of TSRTS. I like the new one because of the enhanced sound and added material, but will always be partial to the original version. After listening to it for over 30 years, I still haven't adjusted to the edited versions of the tracks, even though I understand the reasons for the differences.

I never do.I put Sabbath (Ozzy era),Zeppelin (everything),Purple (Blackmore),Rainbow (hits),Tull (first 5 albums) into mp3 and shuffle it.

I'm surprised every day.

This morning it was The Rover,Electric funeral,Starstruck,Paranoid,Nothing is easy....

I don't commute because I mostly use public transportation.

But I listen to the albums in order when I get the chance.

I never do.I put Sabbath (Ozzy era),Zeppelin (everything),Purple (Blackmore),Rainbow (hits),Tull (first 5 albums) into mp3 and shuffle it.

I'm surprised every day.

This morning it was The Rover,Electric funeral,Starstruck,Paranoid,Nothing is easy....

Actually, this is what I usually do.

Except from time to time I change genres.

Currently I'm listening to classic (Sabbath and Rainbow included) and thrash metal.

Archived