New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I'm in Atlanta, Georgia, and my (non-Prime) deluxe CDs were dispatched by Amazon today and are estimated for delivery on the 4th.

They just showed up at my office today - the 3rd. Good job I didn't bother with Amazon Prime as it seems to have made no difference. I still received all three on the day of release.

I ordered all 3 SD Boxes on March 18 from Amazon.ca, none have shipped and LZII still says they do not know when it will ship, LZ1 and 3 they say June 9-13th will arrive....I ordered the 2nd or 3rd day they were available for pre-order. Pretty disappointed in Amazon Canada.....

just arrived! the boxes (and especially the books) are absolutely beautiful. works of art in their own right. absolutely over the moon with these releases. the wait for the subsequent records can't be short enough.

The best box set I've seen, quality and quantity is over the top for the price.

Just arrived. Amazing! I must have missed it or no one mentioned the CD of III would have the spinning wheel. A wonderful, unexpected surprise.

The super deluxe of Led Zeppelin is solid and gorgeous...downloading my HD tracks and just about to crack the book.

My numbered print of Led Zeppelin is 23581.

The Amazon box was so big I almost started hoping they sent the Super Deluxe of II and III by mistake as well. It's a Zeppelin day...and more to come!

Some photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

No Strider in the house, but Gandalf seems to like them:

6.jpg

I'm sure there will be plenty of these gems to discuss: Page 14 of book for Led Zeppelin has clipping of Melody Maker from Oct. 19, 1968 outlining change of Yardbirds name to Led Zeppelin. Line-up of band included, with this: "Robert Plant (lead singer, bass gtr., harmonica)". Fascinating.

I ordered all 3 SD Boxes on March 18 from Amazon.ca, none have shipped and LZII still says they do not know when it will ship, LZ1 and 3 they say June 9-13th will arrive....I ordered the 2nd or 3rd day they were available for pre-order. Pretty disappointed in Amazon Canada.....

Mind you, I ordered last week but really July 17th. I don't think so. I'm going to the big city on the weekend and will try my luck there. I'll just have to keep dreaming in the meantime.

Pujols, funny, I had the same exact order as you and got the same huge box. Down the road when I get the cash I'm gonna get II and III super deluxe Because I'm so impressed with LZI.

I have a lifetime supply of air cushions.

Yeah, it's impossible to not be impressed with the super deluxe offering. The next four I will definitely get as super deluxe (through Presence). Definitely want to come back to super deluxe of II and III when I can.

Like Pujols, I didn't realize that LZ III would have the pinwheel cover...AWESOME!! Makes the buying experience even that much better. Someone, on some thread, complained about the booklets in the Deluxe CD Editions, but I rather much enjoyed the pictures!

Went to my local Best Buy at 10:30 a.m. this morning (printed out the prices from Rakuten.com and they price matched them!) and noticed that all three displays had been picked from. Found my three copies (including the re-issue of Soundgarden's Superunknown, and The Super Duper Alice Cooper blu-ray) and I was off. Man, talk about a bunch of goodies to play with! Got into my car, opened up my copy of Led Zeppelin and BLASTED "Good Times, Bad Times". YES!!!

Great day indeed, and the first of at least 3 days like this!

Well, Mr. Page said he wanted to remind people "what a fucking good band Led Zeppelin was" and he has definitely succeeded.

I just downloaded the 96/24 tracks from HDTracks and they sound amazing. I encourage everyone who has the box set to use their download card, or purchase them separately, as I did. I have just finished listening to Zeppelin III, and you can very easily see the marked sonic improvement. The music is clear and clean, although I wish it was more than just 2 channel, 5.1 would be ideal, but at the very least 2.1 for better bass.

However, it is an experience I recommend to any Zeppelin fan. Listen to the music in 96/24 :)

@henrybonzo: NOT the same? How so? As for the book, I was planning on buying the DELUXE editions, but I read a review on Amazon that mentioned that "LZ I" didn't even have LINER notes! Talk about a WASTED opportunity. :(

@Trufan I will try to explain it as briefly and as un technical as possible. 96/24 stands for the bit rate that the Zeppelin tracks have been re mastered digitally. 24 bits at 96 kHz.

We are used to listening to CD's which are only 16 bits at 44.1 kHz.

Think of it this way, 96/24 music tracks are larger in comparison to their CD counterparts, and even larger still than their MP3 equivalents.

Why is that? Because the music track (or file) contains more information. When CD's were made, they cut out the information, or sounds, they thought theoretically we couldn't hear anyways. They did this so the music could fit on a 650mb CD. But then DVD's came along, which, as you probably know, can hold 4.7 GB of information. So....7 times more data/information.

So someone said, lets add the information back in by re mastering another digital file from the "master tapes" ( right from the source) at 96/24.

If you listen to "Out on the Tiles", for example, on the re mastered Zep 3,( in 96/24) listen for the guitars, but also listen for the sound of the cymbals. The sound of the cymbals resonate longer after they've ben hit.( to describe it visually, if the sound of impact on a cymbal was like a stone thrown into a pond, the ripples would last longer, and travel farther) That's the best way I can give one example, being a drummer as well.

Clearer or muddier? lol

Its seems like Amazon is out of stock now on Super Deluxe, or has delayed shipping.

^^ I got an email today that mine are delayed until possibly the 9th....sad party of one here! :dont: I want to put those vinyls on so bad and crank it up!

Great photos everyone and love hearing the thoughts about the sound quality :peace:

@Trufan I will try to explain it as briefly and as un technical as possible. 96/24 stands for the bit rate that the Zeppelin tracks have been re mastered digitally. 24 bits at 96 kHz.

We are used to listening to CD's which are only 16 bits at 44.1 kHz.

Think of it this way, 96/24 music tracks are larger in comparison to their CD counterparts, and even larger still than their MP3 equivalents.

Why is that? Because the music track (or file) contains more information. When CD's were made, they cut out the information, or sounds, they thought theoretically we couldn't hear anyways. They did this so the music could fit on a 650mb CD. But then DVD's came along, which, as you probably know, can hold 4.7 GB of information. So....7 times more data/information.

So someone said, lets add the information back in by re mastering another digital file from the "master tapes" ( right from the source) at 96/24.

If you listen to "Out on the Tiles", for example, on the re mastered Zep 3,( in 96/24) listen for the guitars, but also listen for the sound of the cymbals. The sound of the cymbals resonate longer after they've ben hit.( to describe it visually, if the sound of impact on a cymbal was like a stone thrown into a pond, the ripples would last longer, and travel farther) That's the best way I can give one example, being a drummer as well.

Clearer or muddier? lol

I made a DVD-A of the Led Zeppelin HD tracks and they sound phenomenal played on my Acura's Bose system. Pumping a lot of volume with no distortion. Unreal!

Archived