New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Please do not 'Oops!'.

Everything is OK!

Obviously Physical Graffiti does contain the acoustic arrangement of "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp". It is called "Bron-Y-Aur"!. Please, read with understanding.

With respect...they are two completely different songs.

No. Putrid pink is just that. It looks the same on both my laptops, my PC both of my tablets and my phone, had to check just to make sure and guess what Putrid pink on all of them.

When it comes to appreciating aesthetics there is one rule: Your experience may differ from the next person's.

Unless they are colour blind, I doubt it.

So... we all must agree with whatever you like or dislike? If you decide a color is putrid we all have to see the color as putrid? Sorry. My appreciation of what I see and hear and otherwise experience WILL very likely differ from yours.

I could be wrong but I think

Presence WHITE OR MAGENTA

Ittod RED

Coda DARKISH GREY

That's a unique view, I never would have pictured red going with ITTOD. I always imagined a white or very faded pink for Presence, a light or dark brown for ITTOD, and a green for Coda. Interesting interpretation...

For Presence I could see the box being the color of "the object"....black. I cannot see the pink, the other 2 I think you are bang on, ITTOD I am sure you are correct, and Coda could be the color of the background or the text like both of the examples but better if its the text, the background color is pretty close to IV. Pink though would stand out too much with the earthy tones of the rest. Black or grey, if presence is grey then coda would likely be the text color green. IMO.

So far very happy, the bonus tracks are just that to me a bonus, some are better than others. The cost of the SDBS to me is easily justified for the remastered vinyl (that equals most of the classic records issues so far), the Hi Def downloads and the books. Pure magic, if JP actually releases an album this year and tours my head will likely explode.

On another note I pre-ordered PG today on amazon.ca and it says TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK as opposed to PRE-ORDER NOW which also has Pre-order guarantee lowest price, which all the others have had. I hope that still applies if the price lowers and I hope .ca will be getting a batch of these on release day, in other words I hope the product page changes to PRE-ORDER soon from TOOS.

So... we all must agree with whatever you like or dislike? If you decide a color is putrid we all have to see the color as putrid? Sorry. My appreciation of what I see and hear and otherwise experience WILL very likely differ from yours.

Ok, so you like (putrid) pink, fine. One thing is for certain though the "Presence" super deluxe box set will not be pink. (The only good Pink is Floyd)

For Presence I could see the box being the color of "the object"....black. I cannot see the pink, the other 2 I think you are bang on, ITTOD I am sure you are correct, and Coda could be the color of the background or the text like both of the examples but better if its the text, the background color is pretty close to IV. Pink though would stand out too much with the earthy tones of the rest. Black or grey, if presence is grey then coda would likely be the text color green. IMO.

Black makes sense for Presence...unless they won't repeat colors. The same is true for ITTOD: A tan seems like a great choice, but PG is tan (that's how it looks to my eyes).

i feel like i'll buy it, but i won't feel good about it.

reason being that the companion disc is just a colossal letdown. I say colossal because really only 7 tracks? we all know there has to be some other working version of ten years gone, and of course Swan Song which we KNOW ABOUT. Least they let us have the alt in the light we've had for years in full quality, but still Jim 7 tracks for a 16 track album? I thought they'd found some "really cool stuff" but this to me just screams scraping the bottom of the barrel. If this is all you can get together for PG, then like the first record, you should have put some live audio out, give me some '75 show songs and let er ride to make this truly worth the fans' while.

and yes i'm saying this knowing full well i'll likely buy it.

I had 'Tangible Vandalism' on cassette tape years ago and it got ripped off by a "friend", so I haven't heard anything from those sessions in years. Already put a purchase order for the SDBS. There is always hope for more stuff, but so far I'm very happy with the SDBS for the first 5 releases. Looking forward to receiving it! :)

reason being that the companion disc is just a colossal letdown. I say colossal because really only 7 tracks? we all know there has to be some other working version of ten years gone, and of course Swan Song which we KNOW ABOUT. Least they let us have the alt in the light we've had for years in full quality, but still Jim 7 tracks for a 16 track album? I thought they'd found some "really cool stuff" but this to me just screams scraping the bottom of the barrel. If this is all you can get together for PG, then like the first record, you should have put some live audio out, give me some '75 show songs and let er ride to make this truly worth the fans' while.

Don't forget the length of IMTOD, In the Light, and Kashmir, that's like 30 minutes right there. ;)

I can sympathize with this to a degree.

But we just don't know what Jimmy has to work with. Many of us have "stuff" from the PG sessions. The sound quality varies. We're all assuming Jimmy has the same stuff in studio quality, but maybe that's just not the case, especially given the robbery in the '80s.

For Presence, Page needs to include "The Object" with the Super Deluxe Edition or just issue it as a promotional item like they did in 1976.

That would be cool if Jimmy had the SDBS for Presence delivered in a big box with the Object. I would pay a few extra bucks for that! :bubble:

Yes agree 100% here, but PG is 15 track.. Unless I got ripped off! lol but that was my main concern was no Ten Years Gone! That would've made it complete in my book, but at least 3 of the tracks are long, still do not like this 7 track album thing. We still have hope for Swan Song on Coda, especially if 'we know about' it.. Maybe that In The Light mix will be different from the ones we heard, I've heard 2 that sound really different from the other and the official so who knows how many they did! That was 1/4 songs I demanded in these releases (Thank You mix, Rain Song mix, In The Light mix, Baby Come On Home mix) so I've obviously been satisfied with these :) but damn put a multi tracked performance of L.A. Forum 3/27/1975 on this.. Would have been one hell of a release!!

Don't you see the pattern yet? The albums have alternate versions of the tracks featured on the original album and any different songs will appear on CODA. The only deviance from this is La La. Bathroom Sound was Out On The Tiles Instrumental, Keys To The Highway was from the same session as Hats Of To Roy Harper and Jennings Farm Blues was an early version of Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp. Get used to it. You won't see new material before CODA.

I am worried we are all waiting and hoping for Coda to blow our minds with unreleased stuff, but would JP not put the original 8 songs on the 1st vinyl and assuming there is only 1 extra vinyl, Baby come on home, HHWCID, TRB and extended White Summer/Black Mountain Side would fill almost half of a companion disc. Is he also carrying over the Bonzo's Montreux/Moby Dick recut from the crop circles as well? Can he fit the original 8 and the "extended" songs from the black CD box version set onto disc 1 of vinyl (I just clocked it, the 12 songs on the Mini LP box set edition Coda are 54 minutes, that would be too much for a quality sound 33 rpm single disc). Take White Summer/Black Mountain off and it is 46 minutes that could fit onto a single disc.

I hope Coda is either 11 songs on the main disc, slap WS/BMS on disc 2 and load another 38+ minutes of unreleased or even better make Coda disc 1 the original 8 songs, and have 2 companion discs including the 4 songs we already have, not sure I need the extended Moby/Bonzo again. Give us a solid 45 minute disc all new and FILL the 3rd disc with the 4 leftovers from Coda extended PLUS a few more "new tracks". Please do not waste space with a Darlene w/o vocal mix.

Do not get me wrong, this is the biggest overload of "new" zeppelin stuff since Coda in 82 (I remember tripping out when the crop circle came out and we finally had TRB, HHWCID and WS/BMS and I remember even MuchMusic here in Canada was playing that awesome Travelling Riverside Blues video with the swamp intro all the time). We were in heaven. I am in heaven now, but I want more, more, more! Like all of you I want more new tracks and live tracks more-so than alt takes, especially the ones that are just alt sound mixes like rain song, too close to the original, give us acoustic demos even if they sound like chit.

I just hope Coda is not a letdown. Zep II and III got me so amped up but no new tracks since....

Hell if he released an album of Bonzo just sound-checking his drums in the studio I would buy it.

One thing that might give us reason to have hopes for Coda: Without some exciting gems, it might be a bit of a dud.

Anyone here want the backing track for "Darlene" or "Ozone Baby"? I am hoping Jimmy knows Coda needs a little more to it to make it enticing.

Archived