New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

So... not really satisfied with the contents of the companion disc. 2 tracks worthy of release, the rest, way too similar to the original to be considered different enough to be as cool as Sick Again and EMIT.

Anyone else hear John's Bass Pedal squeaking away during Everybody Makes It Through?

I'm actually quite satisfied with the PG companion disc even with the disappointing setlist. I love Everybody Makes It Through its a great track and I love the quality. I never liked Houses Of The Holy until I heard this take, something about it caught my attention. I thought Brandy & Coke and In My Time Of Dying were both pretty good, are those different lyrics in parts of IMTOD? Sick Again and Boogie With Stu are both reasonable. Driving Through Kashmir on the other hand... Well I have absolutely nothing to say about that besides cool name, a backing track would have been at least something. I would rate the album 10/10, but ONLY because it's Led Zeppelin. Either way I'll be purchasing the 3 CD set tomorrow or Tuesday, whichever day it hits the store!

After IV companion disc nobody should have their hopes very high for these, Going To California was the best track which is one of my favorites of all these companion discs so far, but overall I'm happy with it besides Driving Through Kashmir, complete waste of a track IMO.

Not exactly sure why Page didn't release Presence with this, it would take some of the disappointment off of this. I thought the only reason why he was releasing PG by itself was because it's a double album, but a smaller companion disc (by number of songs) than the shorter albums (besides HOTH).. I suppose PG still deserved to be released alone on its 40th anniversary.

Let's hope Presence and ITTOD don't have 4 song companion discs with a 35 minute Carouselambra.. Well that might be cool lol.

Listened to a bit of the companion disc this morning on my phone:-

Brandy & Coke, love it without all the guitars, you can hear the vocals much more clearly & I genuinely think you could play this in a nightclub.

Sick Again is great, the 'I'm the one you want' section sounds like The Beatles.

In The Light - absolutely love this version although I've had it for years on a bootleg, can't wait to get home & hear it on my stereo.

Boogie With Stu - I think this is going to be one that reignites my interest in the original LP version (exactly what happened with Gallows Pole).

I didn't think a mobile phone was the medium to listen to IMTOD or Kashmir so I'll get them on my stereo when I get home from work, can't wait.

@Trufan Did you really have to compare to the original version when there's no vocals on this version at all, plus the fact that it's 2 minutes long? Boogie With Stu is definitely not one of their best known songs. Sick Again isn't either, but certainly not as much as Boogie With Stu.

Sick Again is not well known??? It was only played Live 75 - 79 at every show.

New interview with JP out today suggests that he's releasing a complete alternate mix of Presence as a companion disc. However, we don't know if that's going to form the entirety of that release, or if it will be in addition to a normal set of outtakes, rough mixes etc.

In fact, he tells me he recently discovered a complete, alternate mix of Presence that fans can expect to hear on the reissue of that album later this year.

http://read.tidalhifi.com/article/jimmy-page-the-criteria-was-always-quality/

New interview with JP out today suggests that he's releasing a complete alternate mix of Presence as a companion disc. However, we don't know if that's going to form the entirety of that release, or if it will be in addition to a normal set of outtakes, rough mixes etc.

Gimme.

It seems that JP has the eact oposite opinions as most fans.

"The only problem was with the first album" IMO, that was the most interesting of the reissues so far.

He is particuarly proud of the new PG...By all accounts, the companion disc of PG is the least interesting so far.

It seems that JP has the eact oposite opinions as most fans.

"The only problem was with the first album" IMO, that was the most interesting of the reissues so far.

He is particuarly proud of the new PG...By all accounts, the companion disc of PG is the least interesting so far.

It's definitely not the least interesting thus far.

:bravo:

My super deluxe box set arrived at home today!! This afternoon is gonna kill me until I can get home tonight... :ahhh:

I usually work from home, but I have an on-site team meeting on Tuesdays, so I had it delivered to HQ. When I get there it should be waiting for me....Then I'll DL the HD tracks and enjoy them on the drive home...loudly!

I usually work from home, but I have an on-site team meeting on Tuesdays, so I had it delivered to HQ. When I get there it should be waiting for me....Then I'll DL the HD tracks and enjoy them on the drive home...loudly!

You've got it all planned out man, I love it!

You have no idea! Sometimes the Tuesday meeting gets moved...so it was with some risk I altered the shipping address. Looks like my plan is working out.

With risk comes great reward! That's cool you got it shipped to your HQ, clever clever idea.

Tracking shows my PG SuperD box is "on its way" but between the carrier facility where it was earlier this morning (120 miles from me) and me, there is a snowstorm dumping lots of snow. I have waited this long, I suppose I can wait another day if I have to.

Tracking shows my PG SuperD box is "on its way" but between the carrier facility where it was earlier this morning (120 miles from me) and me, there is a snowstorm dumping lots of snow. I have waited this long, I suppose I can wait another day if I have to.

I received notice that my delivery is delayed due to weather. :(

Thankful to listen on Amazon music while I'm waiting, waiting, waiting...

...That's not really anything newsworthy at this point, is it? He mentioned finding that tape months ago -- that'll be all we get, I imagine.

Chose the three lp deluxe vinyl .Very pleased with the quality of cover and vinyl

Passed on the super deluxe as i wasn't pleased with the first ones.Now with PG

not so sure.Anybody here want to do an in depth review of the Superdeluxe packaging?

Is this one worth having over the normal deluxe version?

Archived