New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

We're gonna groove might actually be a 69 studio version and not the rah one?

Then why did Jimmy use the RAH track to doctor it up for CODA? I think the whole 69 Morgan studio of Groove was pure fiction in the first place

The line-up for Coda's extras appears to be a smorgasbord of material, much like the original release. Some of the tracks were expected to be there, some are the rough mixes of the original's tracks and the rest are surprises. I wonder how the rough mix of Everybody Makes It Through differs from the version on PG's companion disc. One has to wonder why some of the tracks were left off of the companion disc of their respective albums, i.e. Bring It On Home, Desire (Wanton Song), If It Keeps On Raining (Levee), EMIT. I guess Jimmy needed to save something for Coda.

The companion disc for Presence seems to be a bit light, given Jimmy's comments about finding some surprise material. I guess we'll have to wait and see what those strangely named tracks turn out to be.

Just speculating here, but could the alternate Achilles track 'Two Ones are Won' possibly contain a couple different takes? :Thinking:

St Tristians Sword !!!!!, what a really shit name for a tune. Otherwise this next batch of the companion discs have some pretty interesting selections. End of July is looking good what with on the 24th Roger Waters re-release of Amused to Death on SACD and Blu-Ray/CD then a week later the final three reissues the old bank account will be taking a big hit, even more so for those who will be buying the Vinyl box sets.

I'm pretty excited by the companion discs. Four discs of rough mixes, instrumentals and unreleased tracks being released for the first time is good news. But I'm also looking forward to the remasters of the studio albums. That's the main part of this project, and the remasters have been excellent so far.

Also, on a more personal level, I'm going to miss the remaster project. It's been around since the end of 2012, and has been great fun to follow along as albums are announced, and the band members (mainly Jimmy, of course) have done interviews to promote them. Once the current round of press is wrapped up, that's it for Led Zeppelin for the foreseeable future, which is a shame. It's also been fun sharing all the leaked info, as it appeared on Amazon every single time. I have no idea how they managed to get it wrong so consistently.

Now that these remasters are coming to a close, Jimmy's got nowhere to hide when asked about his new "solo project." Hopefully Jimmy'll have some good news about that soon - but that discussion is for another thread!

For what it's worth, I've heard thru the grapevine Jimmy is giving consideration to an official Earls Court 1975 audio release in 2016-17.

That would be a fitting capstone. I would imagine only one complete show (assembled), but wouldn't it be grand if he had full tapes from all five and it was a massive 15-disc (or more) extravaganza. :)

Better stay even keeled.

St Tristians Sword !!!!!, what a really shit name for a tune.

Yeah, it would be. But fortunately the actual name of the song is "St. Tristan's Sword", Tristan being a knight of King Arthur's Round Table.

Curtana. a.k.a. the Sword of Mercy, is a sword used in the coronation of British monarchs and is one of the Crown Jewels of the UK, Curtana is linked with Tristan because his sword and the Sword of Mercy both have blunt ends. Although seems to me that it would be more merciful to use a sharp sword on somebody, but whatever.

Yeah, it would be. But fortunately the actual name of the song is "St. Tristan's Sword", Tristan being a knight of King Arthur's Round Table.

Curtana. a.k.a. the Sword of Mercy, is a sword used in the coronation of British monarchs and is one of the Crown Jewels of the UK, Curtana is linked with Tristan because his sword and the Sword of Mercy both have blunt ends. Although seems to me that it would be more merciful to use a sharp sword on somebody, but whatever.

Even without the mistakenly placed " i " , it's still a shit name for a tune. Funny though a tune about a blunt sword that sounded too blunt to get a release, until now. :lol:

That would be a fitting capstone. I would imagine only one complete show (assembled), but wouldn't it be grand if he had full tapes from all five and it was a massive 15-disc (or more) extravaganza. :)

It would indeed be a fitting capstone to the Zep canon, but if it happens - and that's still a big IF - it will be an edited representation of multiple nights' shows, like HTWWW or TSRTS, it won't be a complete performance of one particular night, neither should it be.

I'm not going to get excited about this, not until anything official is announced...

For what it's worth, I've heard thru the grapevine Jimmy is giving consideration to an official Earls Court 1975 audio release in 2016-17.

"Quick.... give me something to do.... ANYTHING.... just so I don't have to actually do anything new..."

Archived