New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Everything is visible on Amazon US, it's just under "Artist 123" and not Led Zeppelin yet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_music_1?ie=UTF8&field-artist=Artist+123&search-alias=music

Last time round I did that ^ and it worked for seeing the yet-unannounced PG releases. Click on that link now and there's a bunch of items up under "vinyl' and "CD" with no title and no images. There are multiple different pricings for the CDs and vinyl, as well as a $140 "vinyl" set. These could very possibly be the new remasters, as the prices seem fairly accurate. Although they are available for pre-order and will be released July 31st. I wonder if I found them already!

Even better, if you click on the vinyl, the details are:

• Vinyl (July 31, 2015)
  • Number of Discs: 3
  • Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
  • ASIN: B00YB9BLEU

It's being released by Atlantic... :whistling:

Last time round I did that ^ and it worked for seeing the yet-unannounced PG releases. Click on that link now and there's a bunch of items up under "vinyl' and "CD" with no title and no images. There are multiple different pricings for the CDs and vinyl, as well as a $140 "vinyl" set. These could very possibly be the new remasters, as the prices seem fairly accurate. Although they are available for pre-order and will be released July 31st. I wonder if I found them already!

Even better, if you click on the vinyl, the details are:

• Vinyl (July 31, 2015)
  • Number of Discs: 3
  • Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
  • ASIN: B00YB9BLEU

It's being released by Atlantic... :whistling:

Interesting that two "vinyl" (SDBS) are $139 and another is $159. Guesses on the $159? Coda with something extra?

Interesting that two "vinyl" (SDBS) are $139 and another is $159. Guesses on the $159? Coda with something extra?

That's a safe assumption that it's Coda. They might be sticking something special in there for the final release.

The one that is $159 has six discs instead of the other two which have four. Could be good news!

If that is indeed the upcoming remastered Coda you've stumbled onto, I notice there's both double and triple-disc editions set for release. That probably means the standard edition will be a two-disc set with the deluxe a triple... with the Super Deluxe box-set a whopping SIX discs in total, encompassing as it will both the vinyl and CD triple-disc deluxe editions!

Either way, I'm... :nuke:.

Can only speak for myself, of course...

If that is indeed the upcoming remastered Coda you've stumbled onto, I notice there's both double and triple-disc editions set for release. That probably means the standard edition will be a two-disc set with the deluxe a triple... with the Super Deluxe box-set a whopping SIX discs in total (image the postage and packing on that behemoth... the horror... the horror)!

Either way, I'm... :nuke:.

Can only speak for myself, of course...

Keep in mind, 6 discs SHOULD mean 3 vinyl and 3 CDs, like the PG SDBS.

Keep in mind, 6 discs SHOULD mean 3 vinyl and 3 CDs, like the PG SDBS.

I was in the process of editing my initial post when you added your reply, but yeah, I figured that would be the case with the SDBS... sorry 'bout that.

I was in the process of editing my initial post when you added your reply, but yeah, I figured that would be the case with the SDBS... sorry 'bout that.

:) Either way, what appears to be an "extra" disc for one of the sets raises a lot of questions. I guess it could be the extra tracks that were added to the "new" Coda (i.e., "Hey Hey...." "Traveling Riverside Blues," "White Summer/Black Mountain Side", etc.) because that would be too much for one vinyl LP. So you'd have the original Coda on one vinyl, those extra tracks on a second, and then the "companion" vinyl as the third. Maybe.

But that would NOT necessarily explain the need for three CDs. For example, first album SDBS had three vinyl (original LP and two LPs for companion) but two CDs.

:) Either way, what appears to be an "extra" disc for one of the sets raises a lot of questions. I guess it could be the extra tracks that were added to the "new" Coda (i.e., "Hey Hey...." "Traveling Riverside Blues," "White Summer/Black Mountain Side", etc.) because that would be too much for one vinyl LP. So you'd have the original Coda on one vinyl, those extra tracks on a second, and then the "companion" vinyl as the third. Maybe.

But that would NOT necessarily explain the need for three CDs. For example, first album SDBS had three vinyl (original LP and two LPs for companion) but two CDs.

That's what I was wondering about as well. It must be a lot of material to fit onto three CDs. That's about a solid two-three hours of music right there.

Coda may be the original single vinyl/cd + 1 companion cd/vinyl including the 4 bonus tracks + rough/alternate/backing/working takes of a few of the 12 tracks (Baby Come On Home extended outro + guitar overdub take [fingers crossed]) + 1 extra cd/vinyl including the unheard/unreleased material... Making it 3 vinyl/cd whether it takes up 3 CDs or not. So we may be getting both of what we thought we might get with Coda (rough tracks of Darlene and Wearing And Tearing + all the stuff we all want!)!!

If the standard Coda remastered edition is a two-disc set and the deluxe a triple, it's pretty obvious what the structure wiil (likely) be;

Disc 1 - the original 1982 version

Disc 2 - the four tracks added in the 1990's + four previously unreleased 'new' tracks from the archives

Disc 3 - the companion disc, containing alternate/rough mixes.

That's my two cents anyway...

I might be way off the mark but I have a feeling that Coda may feature one of their last gigs in Europe or a compilation of.I have heard a couple of bootlegs(soundboards?) of the last gigs and they are decent enough sound wise but a bit of the fire is gone.I say this because the debut featured a live gig because of the lack of anything extra and I honestly can't see anything that's going to fill up these extra discs.Since Coda is a short album I would be pissed off Page fills up the second cd with a half hour of alternative takes of the original album.Just my humble view.Anyway can't wait and trying to save my pennies with the anticipation that all three will be released at the same time and make arrangements to farm the missus out for a few days.

I can't help but think that some people are getting a bit carried away about what might appear on Coda, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a let down myself. We've seen how little there is left in the can, do people really think he's been holding it all back for release as a bonus disc on Coda? I would be very surprised.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the next three albums coming out but I'd expect the bonus stuff to be along the lines of the first six.

Anyways, roll on 31st July.

I can't help but think that some people are getting a bit carried away about what might appear on Coda, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a let down myself. We've seen how little there is left in the can, do people really think he's been holding it all back for release as a bonus disc on Coda? I would be very surprised.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the next three albums coming out but I'd expect the bonus stuff to be along the lines of the first six.

Anyways, roll on 31st July.

Tempering expectations is always wise. If the "prelisting" on Amazon is anything to go by, it does appear there will be an extra disc in one of the last three. Speculation about what it could be is a little fun, but as we don't have much to go on it's also kinda pointless (and I've done my share of speculating on here).

But if July 31 is the date, we'll know more soon.

I believe the extra disc or album will be the lost Presence tapes.

The lost Presence tapes are going to be used for the Presence album. Jimmy said he had nothing for Presence until he found those tapes, so that's a given that it's going to be paired with the album. The extra thing or two he found on those tapes might be held off for Coda to add some beef to the extra discs.

Archived