New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

For what it's worth, I've heard thru the grapevine Jimmy is giving consideration to an official Earls Court 1975 audio release in 2016-17.

I thought that's what you were alluding to about a month ago when you made mention of something else coming down the pike. Hope you are correct, thank you for passing along your info - even if it isn't anything that you could substantiate at this point.

Honestly, some of you selfish demanding fuckers need to turn in your Zep fan card.

STFU

:bravo::bravo:

Hate to call people out, but we're getting the mythical unreleased "St. Tristan's Sword" officially released and people are saying the name is dumb? :thumbdown:

Hate to call people out, but we're getting the mythical unreleased "St. Tristan's Sword" officially released and people are saying the name is dumb? :thumbdown:

I have my opinion, as far as I am aware I am free to give it so I'll say it again " I think St Tristans Sword is a shit name for a tune The tune itself may well be a good listen, but the title.........

I have my opinion, as far as I am aware I am free to give it so I'll say it again " I think St Tristans Sword is a shit name for a tune The tune itself may well be a good listen, but the title.........

I think it's a silly name too - but the reason you are getting some guff here is because the name isn't really the point. The point is that this is one of the two most mythical Zep outtakes ever rumored to exist. It was so mythical, and so persistently not confirmed to exist, that even some major Zep-head insiders like Dave Lewis had concluded it probably was just a myth. So now after all these years to find out that it does exist, and that we will get to hear it in a few weeks - that's very exciting!

To put it another way: If the title is dumb, then it's been dumb for years (decades?), ever since folks first started hearing about the possible existence of the track. It's like saying D'yer Mak'er is a dumb title - maybe true, but not news.

Oh - and the rumor that an Earls Court audio release will come out maybe next year - that is fantastic news! Considering setlist, performance quality, sound quality, and how little has been officially released in any form, I would say Earls Court has the most upside of any professionally recorded, not yet released Zep concert.

Ok...who thinks that Jimmy recorded this track in his basement last year and decided that it would be a great selling point for Coda.

"If the fans want St. Tristan's Sword, I'll bloody give them St. Tristan's Sword." :elvis2::standup_bass::accordian::drumz:

tmtomh said..

I think it's a silly name too - but the reason you are getting some guff here is because the name isn't really the point. The point is that this is one of the two most mythical Zep outtakes ever rumored to exist. It was so mythical, and so persistently not confirmed to exist, that even some major Zep-head insiders like Dave Lewis had concluded it probably was just a myth. So now after all these years to find out that it does exist, and that we will get to hear it in a few weeks - that's very exciting!

To put it another way: If the title is dumb, then it's been dumb for years (decades?), ever since folks first started hearing about the possible existence of the track. It's like saying D'yer Mak'er is a dumb title - maybe true, but not news.

Oh - and the rumor that an Earls Court audio release will come out maybe next year - that is fantastic news! Considering setlist, performance quality, sound quality, and how little has been officially released in any form, I would say Earls Court has the most upside of any professionally recorded, not yet released Zep concert.

I'm not bothered about getting a little 'guff' it was to be expected (even provoked hee hee). We all well know about the myth and mystery surrounding STS.....BUT....As you said even Dave Lewis doubted it's existence....NOW WHAT IF........Hypothetically speaking of course, Jim searching the vaults finds this nice little instrumental thing, no title, so he thinks to himself "I know I'll use that mythical title STS that's been floating around the forums forever, that'll keep the punters happy...probably not but what does it matter.

I'm pleased we are getting something previously unheard but I'm not getting as exited about it as I would be if I'd been 18,28 even 38 but now I'm 58 I feel like I'm filling an empty space in my collection with something I've overlooked.Take HHWCID for instance I only ever previously owned on the Age Of Atlantic - Atlantic Records Sampler, so there is another gap filled...Anyway, I'm tired and I'm rambling....Earls Court can wait.

Ok...who thinks that Jimmy recorded this track in his basement last year and decided that it would be a great selling point for Coda.

"If the fans want St. Tristan's Sword, I'll bloody give them St. Tristan's Sword." :elvis2::standup_bass::accordian::drumz:

Ha ha...didn't see that....Could be, who knows..only Jimbo.

Thank you for saying what I couldn't say, tmtomh! No harm meant JTM :peace:

Hey at least we can say Jimmy has released a new song! :elvis:

Cannot wait, except STILL not available for pre-order on Amazon.ca yet! Every other time it has been the same day as USA pre-order....

Just for sake of gossip, has anyone noticed Jimmy has been hanging out with Van Morrison lately in London? Just sayin....

A man can dream: JP, VM, JPJ and Jason on Drums. I think I would buy that album......

Even if the album was called St. Kevin's Hammer I would buy it.

On the reissues I cannot be happier, Presence is my favorite album and Jimmy dangles a Carrot I cannot wait! And Coda looks mind blowing! :you_rock::3stooges:

Wonder if the In Through The Outdoor inner sleeve with change colors if I wet it with a sponge. Or since all the album covers have been inverted/reversed maybe the old black & white inner sleeve will be color!

yes. That was mentioned in the blabbermouth article I read.

Let's hope St Tristan's Sword doesn't turn out to be one of the many 'untitled instrumentals' we know and love (sic) which have been available for years on a fair few bootlegs. ... Can't wait to listen to these last three sets.

Well I have not had time check in on the forum in a while, boy was I in for a great surpise. Three albums released on the same day.!

I will try not to bore everyone by going on and on about how great Presence sounds. :ahhh:

Just checking in after receiving my super deluxe of physical graffiti (just as I get up to date the next batch is due - gonna be bankrupt soon!) and wondered if anyone else's vinyl has a 'wrinkly' label? It's just side one of disk one. In two minds whether to order another.

I must say the quality control hasn't been what it could have as I had to return one previously as the vinyl was unplayable!

Still, loving the releases and looking forward to owning a full set of super deluxe... Rock on!!!

Archived