New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

A few have surfaced on eBay. Expect to pay big bucks.

Thanks, I just checked on there & didn't see any.

I bet there's one or two sitting around the back of record shops gathering dust as well.

Only three weeks to go and still no change. Very surprising.

Maybe all of us who have reason to shop on Amazon should use the "tell us about a lower price" link (just above the video links) and share prices from Rakuten and ImportCDs. Maybe that will prompt action.

Done...check

dramatically improved in the evening. everything sounds clearer, the bass just BOOMS and all those nonsense effects are off Robert Plant's voice. Imagine it really is just a different mix of the studio version we've always known, but good lawwwwd sounds so much better than what we've always had for a studio version. JPJ's bass just booming and great all over the place, i really like the runs he does just all over the place.

Only three weeks to go and still no change. Very surprising.

Maybe all of us who have reason to shop on Amazon should use the "tell us about a lower price" link (just above the video links) and share prices from Rakuten and ImportCDs. Maybe that will prompt action.

ITTOD super deluxe is now $105.19 on Amazon. There's the expected 25% (or so) drop. I am guessing the other two will be adjusted shortly....based on previous outcomes, Presence will drop to the same price and Coda will end up around $120.

Perhaps, after the other two albums drop in price, than it will probably cost me only about $350 with tax for the last three. That will save me over $100 from when I pre ordered them!

Hey there Super Dave! I'm with you, I am going to check with my local store to see if I can get better. Hope to see your golf picks for the British later this week!

:peace:

Hey there Super Dave! I'm with you, I am going to check with my local store to see if I can get better. Hope to see your golf picks for the British later this week!

:peace:

I haven't been doing the golf pool here this year for no reason. Will have to remember to do it for the Open Championship!

FWIW, to nobody's surprise, Amazon has now dropped the price of the Presence box set to $105.

Coda is still at $160...for now.

Yeah, Presence dropped shortly after ITTOD. Wonder why Coda hasn't moved yet.

I am an Amazon Prime customer and was able to get them to honor the $111.61 price for Coda. I appreciate folks keeping everyone updated on the pricing as 50 dollars is significant. Thanks again.

dramatically improved in the evening. everything sounds clearer, the bass just BOOMS and all those nonsense effects are off Robert Plant's voice. Imagine it really is just a different mix of the studio version we've always known, but good lawwwwd sounds so much better than what we've always had for a studio version. JPJ's bass just booming and great all over the place, i really like the runs he does just all over the place.

The bass in the original is very prominent in the mix and it's easy to hear what he's doing. There was no need for more. (that's why this was a "rough" mix)

The vocals had a "slapback delay" on them, which is used in many Zep tunes. The rough mix has none. So it's a taste thing. I prefer the effect because it's blended in well.

The main difference aside from the levels is the bow guitar in the beginning which is interesting to hear with no effect and an alternate guitar track

I am an Amazon Prime customer and was able to get them to honor the $111.61 price for Coda. I appreciate folks keeping everyone updated on the pricing as 50 dollars is significant. Thanks again.

How'd you go about doing that? I notified them of the lower price, is that all you need to do??

Justan, I initiated a chat through customer service and told them I was a Prime member and asked about a price match. I provided the link to the CdImports.com price. They said their price match didn't apply to non-Amazon vendors, but they were happy to match the price anyway. It took me all of five minutes and my order was updated with the new price.

Justan, I initiated a chat through customer service and told them I was a Prime member and asked about a price match. I provided the link to the CdImports.com price. They said their price match didn't apply to non-Amazon vendors, but they were happy to match the price anyway. It took me all of five minutes and my order was updated with the new price.

Didn't have nearly the response. I got the issue transferred to another department. They're pretty hesitant to honor it now.

and FYI, importcds.com now has the Coda SDBS at $108!

I talked Amazon down to the $108 price for Coda currently on importcds. I tried to get lower prices on the other two sets as well but the Amazon rep would only drop one. With free Prime 2-day shipping, the price should be pretty close to the importcds total after they add their shipping charges.

Guess it pays to be an Amazon Prime member who orders from them several times per month.

Just checked importcds for shipping charges to my address...standard shipping on all 3 sets is $26, 2-day shipping would be $53. Ouch.

Archived